• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Arsenal (H) - Carabao - Thurs 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like to ask why we sold Shaq if we weren't going to sign another attacker? Shaq had his issues, but one thing he offered is the ability to go 4-2-3-1 in the kind of games where Salah and/or Mane were missing.

It seems the entire purpose of all the sales in the summer was to fund the Konate deal. What a joke our spending has become.

Elliot & Minimino was Shaqs and Ginis replacement, in the clubs 'eyes' there was no need to sanction signing to replace these,

At the time you could see the logic with that, and with Elliot form before the injury.. It seemed klopp had found the solution from within..

Elliot proved more than able.. whereas Miniminio so far this season has turned up when asked of (with the exception of last night - boy that was a bass miss). He essentially has had as much game time so far this season as Shaq usually did..

We have been unfortunate with the Elliot injury.. Story could have been a little different with the forward 3 if he didn't get that Injury against Chelsea earlier this season..

Last edited:

FJDotiBVIAE8Mtn
FJDuy4CUcAM5UGe
FJDvOIPVUAAThft
FJDvOI9UUAEzTWq

Been say it for years now. With Milner and Henderson playing together in midfield we lack any real creativity.

And last night how many times did the two of them give away the ball..?

In oneway It maybe good that we don't spend in this window as we will need the money to buy some of our players zimmer frames they are getting so old

He probably should play exclusively as a DM now. Don't think he can effectively play that RCM position over a full season any more - might still get the occasional great performance from him here and there.

I quite like how he plays the DM position mostly. He'd be second choice to Fabinho of course, but I think you can play him there regularly whenever Fabinho is unavailable.

The key to this (and this is also since Fabinho isn't exactly young either), is to sign a physically robust 2nd CM (LCM) who carries a big defensive workload. A younger Wijnaldum basically. Our midfield desperately needs that now.

I'd hope also that Morton adds more muscle quickly. I've liked what I've seen from him, but I don't quite think he's the blue chip prospect that some others think he is. It's not easy at all to be a great sitting CM. Either you have superlative world-class technique (which Morton doesn't), or you compensate with elite physicality and work rate.

There's also then the question of the RCM position - would you rely on Elliott, Keita, Ox? One's a kid (albeit very talented) and the other two are renowned sicknotes. Both of them are also out of contract in 2023, and I can't see us extending both.

We probably need to make two signings in midfield, especially with Milner retiring and one of Ox/Keita leaving. Knowing FSG though, we'd be lucky to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom