• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Arsenal (H) - Carabao Cup - Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we've got the squad to compete for everything this season and playing the odd first teamer might be necessary in the areas we don't have depth.

We do in other areas but not in defence.

We all knew this was going to be an issue given how injury prone both Matip and Gomez have been in the past.

Every game is a risk but at least if a key player gets injured in a PL / CL game, we'd say it was unavoidable.

If we lost a key player to a challenge by an exuberant youngster / squaddie keen to impress in the League Cup, what would we say?

That it was a risk worth taking?

It's just not.

We didn't buy to compete on all fronts so we shouldn't try.

I think we've got the squad to compete for everything this season and playing the odd first teamer might be necessary in the areas we don't have depth.
Phillips, Tsimikas, Matip, Hendo, Thiago & Ox. all injured or missing though.

Last edited:
The same team(or near enough) that faced Lincoln should be playing again

We do in other areas but not in defence.

We all knew this was going to be an issue given how injury prone both Matip and Gomez have been in the past.

Every game is a risk but at least if a key player gets injured in a PL / CL game, we'd say it was unavoidable.

If we lost a key player to a challenge by an exuberant youngster / squaddie keen to impress in the League Cup, what would we say?

That it was a risk worth taking?

It's just not.

We didn't buy to compete on all fronts so we shouldn't try.

I get your concerns, but for me all of this is secondary to the principle that you never send out a team to lose. And yes, as much as I believe in the potential of the youngsters, a back 5 of Adrian, Neco, Rhys, Koumetio and Milner against Arsenal with their depth and quality is sending out a team to lose. I would not be happy with that. For me, a balance of about 4-5 first-teamers and 6-7 second string players would be about right for this game. Arsenal will probably field something similar.

Last edited:
Utd
City
Everton
Spurs
Villa
Leicester

Already through. Could get a tasty qf if we win.

I’d like to win a domestic cup.
Nearly sure Arsenal knocked Leicester out last week.

Edit - and VIlla don't play til tonight,

Must try harder

Predicted line up from Twatter:

Predicted line up Adrian, Neco, Williams, vvd , Milner, Grujic, Jones, Shaq, Mo, Jota, Minamino #LFC

Would be a bit crazy for Mo to play but maybe we really want to give them a kicking. Do Egypt have any fixtures in the int. break? If not then I can follow the logic there also.

[article]
Arsenal: Leno; Soares, Gabriel, Holding, Kolasinac; Willock, Ceballos, Xhaka; Pépé, Nkeitah, Saka

Subs: Runarsson, David Luiz, Tierney, Elneny, Maitland-Niles, Nelson, Lacazette

Referee: K Friend

[/article]

We've rejected Burnleys bid for Wilson.

Guessing Shaqs injured after Lincoln. He seemed to be limping.

Fulham getting battered by Brentford. They really are shite and are dead certs to go down.

Lookman might be a player.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom