• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post match Seagulls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insignificance

Bad to the bone
Decent result from a good strong professional performance.

We were sloppy not to kill the game. Attackwise we did ok. Kept high pressure and they were happy to defend. Perfect start to 2nd half and from there we should have buried it. But I am happy with a win.

Good defence. Alisson made no saves so happy with that.

Issues in midfield yet again. Er have brought Fabinho and Keita to adress that but we need them up and running now. Hendo slows everything and he is neither biting ancles to win the ball back. A slight worry going forward.

Reposting these here :
-------
Brizzle said: ↑
Btw we seem to win a hell of a lot more offsides than we used to - our defensive line led by VVD is supreme. Even more impressive in the past month when you think he's rotated through Gomez, Matip, Lovren and Fabs as his partner.
----------
Oh yeah good point. I was going to raise that too.
A lot of teams have looked like they've created dangerous situations only to find that our back line has stayed strong (esecially at free kicks played onto or into the edge of the box). Just hold your nerve and hold the line and 9/10 one of the attackers will have run offside. Awesome organisation.
-------
This match was the epitome of Klopp's new 'control the game' tactics. We did. Emphatically. Could and should have had more (Firmino, Mane and most of all Mo, 0-2 would have been a fairer refection perhaps and wouldn't have flattered us) whereas they looked unlikely to score at any stage. Didn't I see 90% possession flash up on the screen at one stage ?

Reposting these here :
-------
Brizzle said: ↑
Btw we seem to win a hell of a lot more offsides than we used to - our defensive line led by VVD is supreme. Even more impressive in the past month when you think he's rotated through Gomez, Matip, Lovren and Fabs as his partner.
----------
Oh yeah good point. I was going to raise that too.
A lot of teams have looked like they've created dangerous situations only to find that our back line has stayed strong (esecially at free kicks played onto or into the edge of the box). Just hold your nerve and hold the line and 9/10 one of the attackers will have run offside. Awesome organisation.
-------
This match was the epitome of Klopp's new 'control the game' tactics. We did. Emphatically. Could and should have had more (Firmino, Mane and most of all Mo, 0-2 would have been a fairer refection perhaps and wouldn't have flattered us) whereas they looked unlikely to score at any stage. Didn't I see 90% possession flash up on the screen at one stage ?
But do we still need to buy a Coutinho type or is Shaq and Keita enough for the title?

But do we still need to buy a Coutinho type or is Shaq and Keita enough for the title?
I think shaq playing in the 10 or the 8 role could work well against stubborn teams. I'd like that with Gini and fab behind

I'd still love Fekir ;) I actually think Shaq. struggles as a pure #10 but is great given a remit to play across the front or dropping off on the right. If my memory doesn't fail me, it might, he's not been great at the head of a midfield three.

I think Keita will come good and I was a strong proponent of signing him however he clearly needs more time and to get stuck in more.

Last edited:
That wasn't very enjoyable to watch in the first half, but totally in control as the game went on.

Lovely three points, and another clean sheet. Boss

Decent result from a good strong professional performance.

We were sloppy not to kill the game. Attackwise we did ok. Kept high pressure and they were happy to defend. Perfect start to 2nd half and from there we should have buried it. But I am happy with a win.

Good defence. Alisson made no saves so happy with that.

Issues in midfield yet again. Er have brought Fabinho and Keita to adress that but we need them up and running now. Hendo slows everything and he is neither biting ancles to win the ball back. A slight worry going forward.

Wijnaldum and Henderson were ordinary in the first half, but we were in total control in the second. They are both creatively inert, though.

Keita should be giving us the attacking aggression we need, but he hasn't played well enough to get into the side, so fuck him

I wish it would just click for naby, it'd be great to have the player we thought we were getting sometime soon.

Mane does my head in. At times he looks world class, and at other times he seems almost perversely inept at wasting chances.

Yeah, there's infuriating inconsistency, but he's still easily one of our best players, his pace and attacking skills are indispensable. And he's also our second top goalscorer.

Fab did relatively well but didn't have the awareness of a CB which is normal. He made a goal saving block though.

TAA, not sure what the deal was but the commentator was talking about how uncomfortable he looked the entire time which I didn't notice at all. He was great and generally on point today.

If our 3 world class players stay fit, then we are in for a good season no question.

We did enough to win and Salah should have made it two. I wonder if he thought the ball had gone out of play from Milner?

We didn't look like conceding with big Virgil and The Big Green Wall back there. One of my friends text'd me saying Trump should just put Alisson up between them and Mexico.

I agree on Mane. Watching him sometimes it’s as if he just doesn’t realize how important he is for the team and how much we rely on him taking advantage of good situations.

I suspect he is just really thick. You give him time to think, he will likely screw it up. You leave it to his instinct, that is where he works best.

Brighton & Hove Albion 0 Liverpool 1: The Match Ratings

by Ben Johnson | Jan 12, 2019 | 0 comments
MY pre-game action was a show there, today.
Decorating, left it too tight to get ready to get out anywhere, my electric shaver ran out of juice mid use, so watched the first half like a fucking mental case, half a shaved head, half a baldy wool accountant head. Blame me for the first half, boys. I was a fucking disgrace.
Bicced me head at half time. The Reds won. Bald bonus.
I can’t take much more of this, though. I watched the game kneeling down and started crying at full time. That isn’t fucking normal. That’s the last game I watch this season when I’m not off me barnet. In fact, I might just bat on like I live in the 1600s; no clean tap water, have to drink lager till The Reds win the league.
Alisson: 7
Not even sure he had to pass the ball first half, never mind anything else. Could have played in a cream pair of slacks and a pair of school shoes, there.
Trent: 8
Rumours he was hurt. I have no clue as the Streamy Daniels I was watching looked like Match Day on the Spectrum and the commentary consisted of a fella saying Nabil El Zhar a lot and not much in between.
Looked alright when he cut that one back that Shaq headed wide, mind you. Thought he was excellent throughout, proper man of the match stuff. Won his battles, kept the ball.
Fabinho: 7
They were trying to get after him and Trent with the big man cheating left wing for them, but did alright. Got sucked under the ball and absolutely forgot about his man for the quarter of a chance Glenn Murray had. Great block second half.
Virgil: 8
Tried to get The Reds playing from the back. Would quite like him just to twat one in there second half, if possible. Absolutely love his arm movements when he is trying to get someone to do something. Did like a helicopter thing for about five minutes to get Trent to move six inches.
Robbo: 8
Played well first half when there wasn’t much doing at all. Does great for the Firmino chance that he maybe should have made more of and was great throughout. This defence mate, best in the business.
Henderson: 8
Not a great deal on offer for the midfield in general to pass forward to, first half. Played a couple of loose ones early on that let them break to the edge of our box before we took the ball off them again. Was great second half. Kept the ball, forced the play, broke it up.
Gini: 7
One of them games were he seemed to do nothing until he had to do something and then bossed the last 10 minutes. Extra prom points for going over when their big carthorse centre half was cryarsing about a handball pointing at his chest, to point at his arm.
Shaq: 5
Really unlucky with the header but, that aside, thought he was poor first half. Great little one around the corner to Mo for the pen but that was about it. Shite for the first time, but who gives a fuck?
Sadio: 6
Quiet today, Sadio.
Mo Salah: 8
Quiet first half. Got half a yard first thing second half and got his shot off. That seemed to spark him into life and then he just wragged their lad all over for the pen. Sneaky switch at half time to drop him deep worked a charm. Got The Reds playing today, the difference maker. When he missed that sitter I thought I was going to be sick, though.
Firmino: 7
Thought he was good, made space for himself, was pretty central to loads of stuff The Reds did right.
SUBS
Naby:
Come on and give it to them for a laugh.
Milner:
Fella.

Virgil was boss, Fabinho had a few moments but still looked more comfortable than Lovren has at times over the past few years.

Henderson was, well textbook Henderson, a solid 6/10 some good through balls at times to be fair, just think he hinders the team against deep-lying sides like todays opponent, we lose a player further up the pitch.

Taa looked broken for the first 20 minutes with weak,sloppy passes but got better as the game went on.

Considering we played a DM at CB against a well-drilled home side, I think it was a professional enough performance overall, we looked far better in the second half, think Mo getting a bollocking and being told to actually move off the ball might have played a large part in that.

Keita needs more minutes, he's never going to adapt, I don't think today would've been the day for more minutes but its essential we integrate this lad asap, else hes a £50m paperweight.

Good result, ground out. Felt like we were stuck in quicksand for a lot of that game, just knocking it around for a laugh without trying to do things quickly, lethargic. Credit to Brighton though, they were solid and organised at the back and didn't take many risks.

We did enough to win and Salah should have made it two. I wonder if he thought the ball had gone out of play from Milner?

We didn't look like conceding with big Virgil and The Big Green Wall back there. One of my friends text'd me saying Trump should just put Alisson up between them and Mexico.

Apparently was offside anyway

Great 3 pts, another clean sheet, another goal for Mo and we just slip back into winning ways.

We need to reel off a string of wins now with a week between each game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom