• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Poll: Will Newcastle go down this season?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Will Newcastle go down?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great point. Be interesting to see who Burnley spend the money on (if anyone).

Yeah, its a very good point. They play each other in the last game of the season as well at Turf Moor.

Wood might have scored 12 goals last season, but he has been pretty terrible this season. 3 in 17.
25 mill £ isnt much but they're probably giving him some decent wages as well. Wilson is out for 8 weeks and they've been rebuffed with some other striker options. Sounds like a panic buy. Might have been better to spend 35 mill on Solanke and I'm not saying that just cause we would get 2,2 mill £ either..

Sounds cynical but assuming Watford and Norwich go down it could come down to Burnley and Newcastle for the last spot. They've just bought a player with a decent scoring record and taken him away from a direct rival. There could be something in that too.
Yeah, thought it was obvious how Wood makes sense for them - they get a decent stop gap striker who is used to all the grit and grind of a relegation battle, while also weakening their direct rivals in the process

Someone would need to find that gif of Chamberlain smoothly dancing up stairs with his bird, reverse it, and then stick Liverpool's badge at the top of the stairs and Newcastle's at the bottom.

Someone would need to find that gif of Chamberlain smoothly dancing up stairs with his bird, reverse it, and then stick Liverpool's badge at the top of the stairs and Newcastle's at the bottom.
618ibe.gif

Well I didn't bother reversing it, but I hope it's OK.

I have a soft spot for Big Andy.

Could have been a decent player if it wasn't for injury. Or was he just stupid?

So Newcastle end the January transfer window with the additions of Bruno Guimaraes, Kieran Trippier, Chris Wood, Dan Burn and Matt Targett on loan. Is this enough to avoid the drop? The first 2 are a clear upgrade on what they have, but I’m not sure all together it adds up into a coherent puzzle.

So Newcastle end the January transfer window with the additions of Bruno Guimaraes, Kieran Trippier, Chris Wood, Dan Burn and Matt Targett on loan. Is this enough to avoid the drop? The first 2 are a clear upgrade on what they have, but I’m not sure all together it adds up into a coherent puzzle.

When you consider Ryan Fraser, Jamal Lewis and the rest are already in situ - I can’t see how they won’t be chasing a Europa League slot by the end of the season… such depth of talent!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom