• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll [Poll] Firmino - Holgate incident update

Prefix for Poll Threads

What will be the outcome of the Firmino - Holgate incident

• Ban for Firmino

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Ban for Holgate

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • No charges for either

Votes: 52 77.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to fear the worst seeing updates for this thread, worrying that indeed our Bobby is charged with racial misconduct, but the direction this thread has taken is a bit like eavesdropping someone else's gossip. I shouldn't really care, but my attention is way too invested to leave this as a cliffhanger.

Will it be 7 weeks now? Have the FA said anything about when this will be concluded?

How the fuck is this still being discussed. Its nearly 2 months ago, the FA have had the refs report for ages. Just admit there isnt a case to answer here and move on

When does the SCM book writing competition finish? Looking forward to seeing what the head of Amazon publishing picks as the winner.

How the fuck is this still being discussed. Its nearly 2 months ago, the FA have had the refs report for ages. Just admit there isnt a case to answer here and move on

The FA are scared sh!tless that if they do this it will make them look wacist. They'll also have to do something about Holgate's foul in the first place, which will compound the problem for them.

I think that's probably right but, as others have said, the way I suspect they'll go about it is by trying to let the whole shebang fade out of everyone's memory. Were they now to make some sort of formal announcement on the Firmino thing, they'll find it a lot more difficult to justify doing nothing about the original foul.

We could issue some bullshit civil claim against them, then obtain all of the FA's emails about this through disclosure, I'm sure some of those internal discussions are bound to be a little bit inconvenient if they came out, then we drop the litigation whilst using the evidence to ensure next seasons fixtures and referees are nothing but 'favourable' to the club.

Just on that stuff, if I get dodgy emails or shit I don't want to be associated with, I just delete them. I've looked at the terms of our provider and they're completely wiped from their servers after 25 days... so if someone hit me with a suit demanding emails that I deleted over a month ago, what happens?

Just on that stuff, if I get dodgy emails or shit I don't want to be associated with, I just delete them. I've looked at the terms of our provider and they're completely wiped from their servers after 25 days... so if someone hit me with a suit demanding emails that I deleted over a month ago, what happens?

Nothing happens if they're deleted in good faith. Firstly in the process you'd disclose everything relevant which you still have. If the other party thinks you're not being open, they can request a more detailed disclosure where they give for example key words, that the IT guys have to input as search parameters, and hand all the matching emails over. If you didn't disclose it the first time, you're fucked. If it transpires in the logs that you deleted emails after being litigated, then not even I can save you.

The thing with a bunch of paedophiles like you have in the FA, they don't trust each other, and never delete emails they might need to cover themselves with in future.

I see we are dedicating Saturday's match to " kick it out ". Do you think we have heard something from the FA.

FA officially won't take action. Still said they basically believe Holgate though. Terrified of sounding like racist buffoons.

[article]
[bcolor=transparent]A statement from the FA read: ‘Having considered all of the available evidence, we consider it is not sufficient to raise a charge against Firmino. ‘However, we are completely satisfied that the allegation was made in absolute good faith by Holgate and that there is no suggestion of this being an intentionally false or malicious allegation. ‘We continue to take all allegations of discrimination extremely seriously and would encourage all participants who believe that they have been the subject of or witness to discriminatory abuse to report this through the appropriate channels. Holgate and Everton followed the proper process by reporting the matter to the match officials at the time and subsequently to The FA. ‘We receive a significant number of complaints of discrimination in any one season and thoroughly investigate all complaints we receive. Following consideration of all of the evidence received, not all cases will result in a charge being issued.’[/bcolor]
[/article]

Fucking cunts.

So, now are they going to charge holgate with violent behaviour?

Are they shite

But I think they've made the right decision in not punishing him for something they can't prove (re: lying over it)

From Bobby F.

"As difficult as it has been to remain publicly silent, given the serious and damaging nature of what it was claimed I said during the game, I did so to demonstrate my respect for the process and to allow the issue to be investigated in the most thorough way.

"It is critical for football that tackling racism and all forms of discrimination is taken extremely seriously. As someone who has experienced racist abuse during my life, I know how damaging and hurtful it can be.

"Now the process is concluded, I would like to place on record, for the avoidance of any doubt, I did not say the word, or a variation of the word, that was claimed and subsequently reported in the media. I did not use any language that referenced race. I did not - and would never - reference a person’s skin colour or culture, by means of insult, during a dispute or an argument.

"There is no place for discrimination on a football pitch, or anywhere else in life for that matter.

"I am pleased after exhaustive reviews of all the evidence, in this specific incident, the matter is resolved."

What a mature response from Bobby. Full credit to him.

And I'm furious that Holgate escaped with no punishment for that intentional push that could have injured Firmino. The FA have proven yet again that they are cunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom