• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll [Poll] Firmino - Holgate incident update

Prefix for Poll Threads

What will be the outcome of the Firmino - Holgate incident

• Ban for Firmino

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Ban for Holgate

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • No charges for either

Votes: 52 77.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He comes from Serbia.That accent is ridiculous.They had him on LFCTV a few weeks ago, and even they were stunned at how little he knew about LFC for someone who'd blagged his way into working for the club on the grounds that he was supposedly a passionate fan.

I presume we interviewed him for the job, he then disclosed an assortment of mental health issues, and at that point the game was over. I hope that is the reason anyway.

Who is he and why is he famous?

He posts stuff on the internet, and gets lots of hits. Of course, he'd get lots of hits even if he didn't post on the internet. I'd give him loads. I watch each new LFC video merely to see if his ridiculous persona has changed at all, but I never make it past a couple of minutes. His latest one is the worst: him and Karius, with Karius boasting about meeting Justin Bieber, and him gasping 'dat's dope dat is!'

He posts stuff on the internet, and gets lots of hits. Of course, he'd get lots of hits even if he didn't post on the internet. I'd give him loads. I watch each new LFC video merely to see if his ridiculous persona has changed at all, but I never make it past a couple of minutes. His latest one is the worst: him and Karius, with Karius boasting about meeting Justin Bieber, and him gasping 'dat's dope dat is!'

Clicked the one with "#LK1" but I had to stop after 20 seconds.

"My man Loris, give me a hug"
"This place is wavy"

I'll still try to watch it to test my limit of how much cringe I can take

Do people really like this tool?

He keeps asking Karius the most boring basic stuff and then gets overexcited about every answer. Apparently, the fact that a grown up man is able to take out the trash and do his laundry is "dope bro". I had to stop watching at the bit when they listen to Migos and Future and both go full Ali G.

Apart from that, it appears that "#LK1" is a bit of a jesus freak and, unsurprisingly, has a big poster of himself in his living room. Part Sturridge part Rodgers

Ah he's an online influencer. Some are quite talented like the chicken connoisseur. Of course our club would conspire to hire a retarded racist influencer.
I bet @Woland could advise anyone with half a brain how to get a large twitter following easily enough. Hell, I bet half an hours googling could provide the tools to do so.

How can a global brand like lfc need to employ some fucking tool to piggyback from THEIR image.

It's retarded.

I bet @Woland could advise anyone with half a brain how to get a large twitter following easily enough. Hell, I bet half an hours googling could provide the tools to do so.

How can a global brand like lfc need to employ some fucking tool to piggyback from THEIR image.

It's retarded.

Soz, no idea. I just talked shit and people liked it. I know the likes of Piers Morgan and Donald Trump bought their first million odd followers to make it seem like they're popular but they were just bots. I mean look at Morgan's tweets. He's got millions of followers now but it's rare he gets retweeted more than fifty times. I had like 10,000 and used to see my own tweets turning up on facebook posts and getting thousands of likes and stuff. It doesn't add up. Yeah you can buy followers, but it only makes sense if you're a total bellend with an ego the size of jupiter and no-one really gives a fuck what you say, but you want to make it seem that way.

I got a mate who started a networking company who bought 50,000 followers and now he's selling loads of books, his business is booming, loads more people followed him because they thought other people were so he must be 'somebody', and now he's ditched the blag accounts because they served their purpose.

This is why social media, in fact any media, is now dead to me. I'm either here or trying to write something substantial. The latter will take years.

Ha. I'm trying to write something insubstantial. No really, I want to write a sci fi story that has existed in my head for ages but is actually kinda sci fi trash, rather than anything more, despite me liking reading hard sci fi, not so fi trash. Go figure.

It's also exceptionally hard to write, despite me accepting its complete shite & at best would be a mediocre holiday read I can't just blag stuff like time & distance in space travel etc cos I feel like a fraud, so spent a month trying to work out the overall time scale for my story before typing a word.

I got no advice to give. I was about to be offered a contract by Faber for the shit that took me 8 years, but the final decision was 'not quite right now'. I met so many people and learned so much during the process that i can't be arsed with it anymore. I don't feel like I have anything in me that the world needs to know. And I know that the majority of authors who do get published aren't arsed about that, it's fiction by numbers. Working off a spreadsheet for when things are meant to happen. Fuck that shit.

I got no advice to give. I was about to be offered a contract by Faber for the shit that took me 8 years, but the final decision was 'not quite right now'. I met so many people and learned so much during the process that i can't be arsed with it anymore. I don't feel like I have anything in me that the world needs to know. And I know that the majority of authors who do get published aren't arsed about that, it's fiction by numbers. Working off a spreadsheet for when things are meant to happen. Fuck that shit.
I wasn't fishing for advice mate. The stuff you write is genuinely original.

What is rolling around my head is clichéd, not entirely original, but just different enough that I need to write the shit down. Mostly cos I have this story in my head & if i didn't write it all down I'd feel like I hadn't tried.

Yeah but if it is clichéd and you really wanna get it done, look up structure, plot and character. Do a night class in creative writing. It'll help weave your idea into something coherent.

Yeah, my mate who has written a few stories (all of which I fucking hated when I read them & told him so) said the same.

Thing is, I want to beat it out of myself, drag every word & sentence out & force myself to think it through.

Then, I want to reread it & if I tear it apart I may then ask for help. Sounds odd, but I want to see just how shite I am before I get help.

BTW, I've read that book by a sci fi novelist who churns out tens of by the numbers books which top amazon's charts & tbh I think I could adapt this to fit it easily, but fuck that.

It may be clichéd & it may be shite, but it's my shite, & if I'm gonna spend ages writing shit & it's because that's what I want to write, not cos some cunt wants to read it who isn't bright enough to read asimov instead & wants to read about teens fucking in space.

Yeah, my mate who has written a few stories (all of which I fucking hated when I read them & told him so) said the same.

Thing is, I want to beat it out of myself, drag every word & sentence out & force myself to think it through.

Then, I want to reread it & if I tear it apart I may then ask for help. Sounds odd, but I want to see just how shite I am before I get help.

BTW, I've read that book by a sci fi novelist who churns out tens of by the numbers books which top amazon's charts & tbh I think I could adapt this to fit it easily, but fuck that.

It may be clichéd & it may be shite, but it's my shite, & if I'm gonna spend ages writing shit & it's because that's what I want to write, not cos some cunt wants to read it who isn't bright enough to read asimov instead & wants to read about teens fucking in space.

Dont find out if you need help. Just buy a primitive word processor. And put what your mum said to you when you were little. That should remove any writers block you have, Just remember after all the hate bile and doubt is gone only the fruit remains . Dont eat it though it´s ferbodden. Or is that going back too far could be

Last edited:
It's not harder. Most books are shit

And lots of shit books actually do sell plenty.

Never quite worked out what the reason for that is, because the difference between a shit book that nobody reads (quite rightly) and one that lots of people read (quite wrongly) is hard to discern

Which is why I haven't written one. Well, one of the reasons, anyway.

Yeah but thanks to the amazon self publishing thing there are fucking thousands of shite failed books for every one shite popular book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom