• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll [POLL] - City's Remaining Games

Prefix for Poll Threads

Where do you think City will drop points..

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really want to be wrong but I don't think City will bottle it.

What's this obsession people have with the whole bottlers/bottling it thing?? Bizarre. Reality is the team which finishes 2nd could amass 95+ points. That won't be bottling it, that'll just be coming up short in the most competitive Prem Title race we'll have ever seen.

Yep, happened all season. The only media comment I've seen on it is Barry Glendenning who has commented on it repeatedly, including on this week's Guardian Football Weekly podcast. Teams try so much harder against us, but it's almost impossible to say it to anyone who isn't a red cos it sounds like bullshit.

I'm sick of teams just rolling over for them, I hoped the Newcastle result would change it, but it hasn't done.

Yep - was really disappointed in Palace who went all guns blazing against us (both home & away) yet parked the bus vs. city until the 75th minute! If they'd attacked from the start I think they would have scored a couple and left City needing to win like we did - 3-2 or 4-3 etc.

Yep, happened all season. The only media comment I've seen on it is Barry Glendenning who has commented on it repeatedly, including on this week's Guardian Football Weekly podcast. Teams try so much harder against us, but it's almost impossible to say it to anyone who isn't a red cos it sounds like bullshit.

I'm sick of teams just rolling over for them, I hoped the Newcastle result would change it, but it hasn't done.

Since they lost to Newcastle they have won all 9 games (5 home 4 away) and the annoying thing is they haven't gone behind once, also they have scored the first goal inside 6 minutes 4 times the longest they have gone before scoring is 59.

Nobody has put them under pressure it would be brilliant to see them go behind as a draw will be no good to them.

Since they lost to Newcastle they have won all 9 games (5 home 4 away) and the annoying thing is they haven't gone behind once, also they have scored the first goal inside 6 minutes 4 times the longest they have gone before scoring is 59.

Nobody has put them under pressure it would be brilliant to see them go behind as a draw will be no good to them.
The thing is, they often look rattled at the back when they're attacked.

Possibly it's partly cos it happens so rarely, but regardless, I've watched them almost as much as us this season & I'm never convinced they won't concede.

Add in the fact they've looked bereft of ideas & been reliant on their stars providing something special to score even once & it's doubly frustrating.

Perversely it may all help though, if Utd & spurs go at them, the fact they've rarely had to dig deep & find late winners may count against them when they're under pressure from us constantly on their back. There's little doubt in my mind that our ability to win games under pressure & come back to find winners has given us belief, & I'm not sure they possess that belief this season.

Actually, them drawing or losing at Everton is probably best because they'll simply have to get a result against City. If they beat Everton, lose to City, but win their remaining 3 games inc a top 4 rival in Chelsea then they'll probably scrape 4th.

So in other words, if they beat Everton they could very well see the City game as a free hit...the cunts

Yeah. Perhaps a draw is the best result there but I fear they may give up on 4th if they don't win too.

I also think they would be stupid to assume that beating Chelsea will get them into 4th, especially if Arsenal win twice next week. Then they'd be potentially going into that game 5pts behind Arsenal, with a game in hand, but only 3 to play after that game.

We're relying on the Ev to take points off Manure at the weekend so they need to get something off Citeh. The pundits seem to think they'll take their foot off the gas for their derby because they have Chelsea a few days later, and that's more winnable and more important. I dunno, but I do know that I really want at least a draw at Goodison at the weekend. Arse and Chelsea have winnable games so Manure will be a few points behind needing to beat Citeh.

Manure beating City and still missing out on the CL would be great. I almost want them to beat Barca too just so we can knock them out in the semis.

We're relying on the Ev to take points off Manure at the weekend so they need to get something off Citeh. The pundits seem to think they'll take their foot off the gas for their derby because they have Chelsea a few days later, and that's more winnable and more important. I dunno, but I do know that I really want at least a draw at Goodison at the weekend. Arse and Chelsea have winnable games so Manure will be a few points behind needing to beat Citeh.

Wonder if they're putting on a spread for the Mancs in The Brick again this Sunday.

This is how I see it playing out. Spurs draw with them tonight, 2-2, putting City out of the CL. Incensed by the sheer injustice of Spurs having the temerity to knock the best team in the world out of a competition they were destined to win, a riled up Guardiola sends out a largely different team on Saturday, but still with the in form Raheem and the amazing Sterling, of course, to crush Spurs in the league like the little gnats they are. They lose 1 goal to 3!

Despondent, they crash through their remaining fixtures, winning one, drawing two, and losing one. Liverpool are the fucking champs!

Spurs has shown they can bite their way through tough games. When United had their famous run from 6th to 6th they were totally outplayed by Spurs. We also struggled in that 2nd half against them... So they are capable of snatching a point at least.

This is how I see it playing out. Spurs draw with them tonight, 2-2, putting City out of the CL. Incensed by the sheer injustice of Spurs having the temerity to knock the best team in the world out of a competition they were destined to win, a riled up Guardiola sends out a largely different team on Saturday, but still with the in form Raheem and the amazing Sterling, of course, to crush Spurs in the league like the little gnats they are. They lose 1 goal to 3!

Despondent, they crash through their remaining fixtures, winning one, drawing two, and losing one. Liverpool are the fucking champs!

Nurse! Morphine!

What's this obsession people have with the whole bottlers/bottling it thing?? Bizarre. Reality is the team which finishes 2nd could amass 95+ points. That won't be bottling it, that'll just be coming up short in the most competitive Prem Title race we'll have ever seen.

So you're saying City isnt going to bottle it?

I think I've sorted this. Everyone back City to win their next four games... No way it will happen then

B82zpfA.png

Even the bookies don't think it's happening. Chill. I can't remember my betfair login and 888 won't let me do it as a multiple but amma sort this somehow

Knowing my luck, I'll put that bet on, City will drop points in one game, but we'll slip up against someone and they'll still win the league.

Either way, City are winning it. I'm saving my sanity, blood pressure and wallet in my state of zen.

That isn't a finalised bet and the edge thingy I'd never heard of. It just appeared and it can fuck right off.

I might do that requestabet thing and see what hills are offering for city to win their last five league games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom