• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PEPE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think Arsenal have seriously overpaid – I think it's very likely he won't ever replicate last season's numbers. I like to buy players before their career season, like we did with Torres or Salah, and not after. We were never going to pay this kind of money to buy the 3rd-best RWF in the team. He cost roughly what we paid for Salah and Mane combined.

That said, I do hope we add at least one proper signing before the deadline, because I'm not comfortable going into the season relying on Ox and Lallana's fitness in the key attacking position and with no alternative to Firmino.

Last edited:
Personally, I think Arsenal have seriously overpaid – I think it's very likely he won't ever replicate last season's numbers. I like to buy players before their career season, like we did with Torres or Salah, and not after. We were never going to pay this kind of money to buy the 3rd-best RWF in the team.

That said, I do hope we add at least one proper signing before the deadline, because I'm not comfortable going into the season relying on Ox and Lallana's fitness in the key attacking position and no alternative to Firmino.
spot on

I'm not bothered about him specifically, but our competition has strengthened while we seem to be resting on our laurels.

Ditto.

And when you factor in the fact that our best players have spent most of the summer playing AND a ridiculous winter schedule... it's more than a little concerning.

Our squad is far from perfect. I know we're just off the back of a ridiculous season but it feels a little naive to expect a repeat. Exhaustion and / or injuries to the wrong players could have a devastating impact.

Klopp recently said it's a long term project, which is great to hear but I don't get it in the context of what everyone is asking. I'd understand if we were still building and a title shot was still a year or two away but the time is now, surely. We've invested heavily to assemble a team capable of competing and our top players are in their prime. Why cut corners when you're so close?

I'm all for giving the young players a shot - there's nothing better than seeing them make it - but the way things are at now, there is just no margin for error.

Surely some kind of safety net is required.

skunk2.jpg

[article]
Arsenal will pay an initial £20million for Nicolas Pepe, as the Lille attacker moves closer to a club-record £72m switch.

Despite working with a limited transfer budget this summer, Arsenal look on course to complete what could be the most expensive signing by any Premier League club in this window.

It is understood Arsenal will stay within budget by paying as little £20m up front for the Ivory Coast international, with the remaining £52m paid in instalments within five years.
[/article]

Big move - he looks quality. Quick, direct, powerful. They are going to win a lot of games 4-3 i feel with the lack of improvement to their defence or midfield.

Not sure about this one. His numbers arent that impressive when you remove the penalties. 9 in total. 72 mill £ is also another example of how inflated the market is imho.

Everyone were saying how good Arsenal were in the transfer market last season, but in reality it was fucking shite.

This year they’ll be better offensively with Ceballos and Pepe, but their midfield, goalkeeper and defence are still awful.

They’ll be competing for a top 4 spot with Utd and Chelsea. They might get that 4th spot aswell with some Rodgers high scoring attacking and poor defending.

Hansern, you'd definitely switch to spouting positivity if we were signing him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom