• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Our New No. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Binny

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
CJPjtjZWIAEf6s6.jpg

[article] "I was seven at Man City, but at a club like Liverpool you can wear any number in the squad and it’ll have been filled with amazing players who have worn it before.

"I know seven is a special number for this football club and hopefully I can be a special player for this club.

"But as I said, with the success this club has had over its history, you could pick any single number from the squad list and you’ll be wearing a special shirt.

"Hopefully I can do the shirt proud and win plenty of matches for this football club."[/article]

Hmmmm scaringly enough he is the player in our squad that probably had the best 14/15 season, and he hardly was a regular for his team.

It looks like someone was doing a 2 then gave up halfway through. And the m and n in Milner look like lower case. Stop ruining football you cunts!

@DeludedBrendan

For me James Milner can be just as good if not better than our last number 7....

He looks superb in that video, quicker than I remember, a great eye for a disguised through ball, strong in the tackle, great feet, good shot on him and clearly a grafter. I do worry though, that video highlights a concern many have mentioned before, he's come here to play as a central midfielder, but all of his best work seems to happen around the oppositions box, do we have enough evidence that firstly he's got what it takes to play in midfield, and secondly the different responsibilities of playing as a central midfielder wont hinder his best qualities?

He looks superb in that video, quicker than I remember, a great eye for a disguised through ball, strong in the tackle, great feet, good shot on him and clearly a grafter. I do worry though, that video highlights a concern many have mentioned before, he's come here to play as a central midfielder, but all of his best work seems to happen around the oppositions box, do we have enough evidence that firstly he's got what it takes to play in midfield, and secondly the different responsibilities of playing as a central midfielder wont hinder his best qualities?
He was a great CM for Aston Villa before he got to Man City. He's done a job at RB before too. He's a class player all around, great addition.

If he can crack a few skulls when cunts aren't putting a shift in then that will be a huge bonus.

That video just screams out end result each time. On so many of these compilations you see fancy tricks/runs etc into nothing, he keeps it simple but the ball always goes to a man and does like the good give and go (Citeh's second goal at Anfield 2013-2014). Going to be quietly great.

I'm not selling shirts with my name on am I? I think it looks stupid because some letters look like lower case and others are more obviously upper case.

Hahaha it seems they have made you forget what an upper case N looks like.

That video just screams out end result each time. On so many of these compilations you see fancy tricks/runs etc into nothing, he keeps it simple but the ball always goes to a man and does like the good give and go (Citeh's second goal at Anfield 2013-2014). Going to be quietly great.

The video screams out the brilliant movement of guys like Silva and Aguero. Making simple but brutally effective passes is a lot easier with geniuses like them around you.

He isn't a Liverpool no. 7 but I think he'll be a good signing. Very good. Should be no. 8 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom