• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other games Dec 7-9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferguson should get the job to the end of the season.

He probably will unless they have someone lined up that can come in earlier. Like Kovacs. Or they start getting hammered.

I don't think Duncan is pushing hard for the role, doesn't seem to want it

I think VvD would likely struggle with him - perhaps AWB ...
No he wont, put him in his pocket last season at home. Thats when I noticed ... fuck VVD has some pace on him. Seriously, I think Traore even had a slight head start on him in that one to one incident.

Probably a smart decision. He can keep them out of relegation, maybe make a run to midtable, step aside, and receive adulation.

Taking that job is a poisoned chalice
I dont get it with that club, change manager, still shit, spend half a billion and still shit. The only thing consistent about that club is consistently being shit. They are like the West Ham of the North West. Seem to just fucking exist in the Premier League to make up the numbers and that is the sum of their ambitions.

I dont get it with that club, change manager, still shit, spend half a billion and still shit. The only thing consistent about that club is consistently being shit. They are like the West Ham of the North West. Seem to just fucking exist in the Premier League to make up the numbers and that is the sum of their ambitions.

It’s not though, which makes it even funnier

No he wont, put him in his pocket last season at home. Thats when I noticed ... fuck VVD has some pace on him. Seriously, I think Traore even had a slight head start on him in that one to one incident.

Traore is a different player this year - and VvD doesn't seem to be at the level he was at last year (best defender by 5 nautical miles to best defender by 3-4 nautical miles)

As it stands they are 27 points behind us after 16 games. That is madness.

Probably a smart decision. He can keep them out of relegation, maybe make a run to midtable, step aside, and receive adulation.

Taking that job is a poisoned chalice

It feels a bit like when Phil Thompson stepped in for Ged. You can only go so far with shouting and being an animated figure on the sideline.
No offence to Tommo like.

Arsenal 2-1 up. Great goal by pepe. Something you’d expect from Salah.

pepe has so average - doesn't track back, dispossessed easily and then given a bit of space in the box, and great goal.

It feels a bit like when Phil Thompson stepped in for Ged. You can only go so far with shouting and being an animated figure on the sideline.
No offence to Tommo like.

100%.
There is nothing to gain by sticking around. Dunc isn't managing them into the Champions League. Stop the slide, get out, remain a hero.

Traore is a different player this year - and VvD doesn't seem to be at the level he was at last year (best defender by 5 nautical miles to best defender by 3-4 nautical miles)

This idea that VVD is not at the same level is just not true, I think the tactical change Klopp has made in the midfield and a slightly more attacking approach from the midfield means there is not the level of deep protection for VVD or for that matter the back-line. Also think that both TAA and Robbo seem to advance together these days with less caution. The lesser protection in midfield comes from Klopp's confidence in Fabinho being the deep lying DM, and this season allowing both the 'other' two to advance more. But I also think there is a level of acknowledgement that we lost the title last week because of those drawn games that we should have / could have won had we taken some risk rather than just depend on our front three to conjure up something. Hence why I think we are going for it for as long as we need to in games or when we need to.

Also on VVD, I can only think of one mistake he has made this season and that was the game against Napoli away, other that I just cannot fault him for any defensive errors.

He defended himself by saying that he wanted to put his hands in his pockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom