1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Other forum meltdown watch

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by Woland, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Dreambeliever

Dreambeliever Looking on the brightside Member

I think he’d happily see us swap trophies this year.

It’ll be very interesting if we can pull so far ahead that we can prioritise the CL come March.

Winning our next three league games will make it almost impossible to catch us. Not that you’ll hear me saying that outside of here.

Bradley likes this.
  2. momoWASboss

momoWASboss Very Well-Known Member

He wasn’t though.

3. LeTallecWiz

LeTallecWiz Mo(ssa)d Administrator

Nah it was a penalty imo - not a red

4. momoWASboss

momoWASboss Very Well-Known Member

I don’t think it was. There was way less contact than when Origi was taken out in the build up into the scums goal.

5. Halmeister

Halmeister Some sort of pun about having a well known member Member

Calvert-Lewin did what he always does - shit himself when presented with a chance so threw himself on the deck.

That said, I was surprised it wasn't given. But it would've been soft.

6. Ukrainian by marriage

Ukrainian by marriage Very Active Member

Yep. Like when Sadio got bumped just as he was going to score.

7. Hansern

Hansern Part of the Furniture Member

It wasnt a penalty. It wasnt given, and the refs said after the game that it was correct not to give it.
    Calwert Lewin has already gotten one very soft penalty at Anfield. So his luck has run out the falling over to easily bumbling cunt.

Modo and Frogfish like this.
  8. Dee

Dee Well-Known Member

It's one of them that, if the ref gave it, VAR wouldn't have overuled.

9. Frogfish

Frogfish Gone to Redcafe Member

Not according to 3 referees who agreed it wasn't a penalty, and even so, had it been given, under the triple jeopardy ruling the worst vvD would have been received was a Yellow,

10. manwithnoname

manwithnoname Bravo old man. Bravo. Member

City are still a very good team, but I watched that game and I was surprised at how flat and one-paced they were. Everything seemed too slow, and they didn't really change up how they played, even when it wasn't working.

Obviously they're missing players in defence and attack, but some of the big signings didn't look as good as the players they replaced; Rodri just doesn't sense danger like Fernandinho and doesn't offer as much protection; their LB (whoever they play there) is a fucking disaster; they don't actually have any decent fit CBs; Jesus is a poor substitute for Aguero and the two Silvas look well off the pace.

Any side would miss the likes of Sane, Aguero, Laporte and Kompany, but a club as rich as City should not have to play a 33 yaer old DM as a centre-half.

tomasjj, Dirty Sanchez, Modo and 3 others like this.
  11. StevieM

StevieM SCM's resident Beer Nazi, Wine Snob & Comic Geek Honorary Member

It makes you wonder if they had to curtail their spending, relatively speaking, so as to make it less blatantly obvious how much they were flouting FFP.

Probably just hubris and arrogance - almost sounded a bit Fumey there...

12. manwithnoname

Well, I suppose they have eschewed big, splashy £70-80m-plus signings, but that doesn't really hide the fact they've spent over a billion on lots and lots of 30-40-50m signings.

Just look at the full-backs: Angelino (laughably shit) £11m; Walker £50m; Cancelo £60m; Mendy  £52m.

fuck's sake.

13. keniget

keniget Part of the Furniture Member

Walker has been good for them.

Not sure what the deal is with Cancelo but Mendy for 50M has been a disaster so far.

14. Red Mullet

Red Mullet Well-Known Member

The deal got cancelled?

15. Markeh

Markeh Very Well-Known Member

Stuart Pearce has been saying city need another striker because if Jesus gets injured they have no backup. How many top drawer players does he want in that squad, sure why don't we just allow city to have a 40 man match day squad as they can afford to fill it.

16. Markeh

Markeh Very Well-Known Member

I don't remember the who's who now but lots of their defensive signings have been the second or third most expensive defensive signings ever at the time.

Sure they didn't sign Van Dijk but Stones and Walker were definitely not far off record breaking deals when they were done, it does make me wonder if @StevieM is right and the manager isn't allowed to break transfer records so they can hold some sort of high ground on spending.

17. manwithnoname

He has, but I was talking about the overall outlay on fullbacks alone

18. Woland

Woland Part of the Furniture Member

Yesterday I heard on Talksport they were discussing a penalty decision and the commentator said he couldn’t understand why it was taking so long to award the penalty as it was obviously going to be given, in the studio they were talking about what VAR was checking and said “we can check what they are looking for on the App” and told the guy at the ground that VAR weren’t even looking at a penalty or offside but just if it was a goal or not.
    What App are they talking about and surely if there is one it could be checked if VAR was working at all at Klanfield and also what is being checked each time.
    The commentator said he was sick and tired of VAR and so was the SU manager when he spoke to him.
    Just mic them up and show it on the screen so everybody knows what is going on, and if the ground doesn’t have a screen then they shouldn’t be allowed to play there, ie OT & Klanfield- make them have a screen and if they have to lose capacity then so be it.
    We are going to be cheated out of the best ever footballing season of 100 points and the w4nkers in Merseyside will be shown as the highest points scorers and they remove all our records. It is a fraud of the highest order.
    All this is designed so we implode, they are hoping our fans will stop going and our owners will leave, that’s what they want.
    I fücking hate football with a passion right now, it is bent.

19. manwithnoname

GOT currently debating the merits of the latest manager to be linked with Eberton: Unai Emery.

"He plays ponce football doesn’t he? When are people gona realise that ponce football never works at Everton. We are the Dogs of War!

We need someone passionate and loud. Look at Klopp, look at Bing Dunc, it is possible. Why are we always going for boring tacticians?"

darkstarexodus likes this.
  20. Whaddapie

Whaddapie Very Active Honorary Member

Wow.

So, the Sterling offside decision that the caller acknowledges was right, was wrong.  Virgil "mowed down" the forward last Wednesday ("I have never seen a defender mow down a player like that before!") and Sadio being kicked across the back of both legs against Leicester wasn't a penalty?

Of course, no mention of the Villa game where VAR kept adjusting the line until it made Bobby 'offiside' for what should have stood as our equalizer...

These twats are fucking delusional.