• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other forum meltdown watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manchester City have gone from receiving the second-fewest bookings in the league to receiving the fourth-most so far this season.

Be nice to think that the slow (but increasing) drip-drip of articles and discussions about their tactical fouling have had an impact here, but probably more to do with Otamendi (who is often third-choice) being their only fit CB, Rodri not being as defensively sound as Fernandinho, so more attacks get through and their LB being shit.

Be nice to think that the slow (but increasing) drip-drip of articles and discussions about their tactical fouling have had an impact here, but probably more to do with Otamendi (who is often third-choice) being their only fit CB, Rodri not being as defensively sound as Fernandinho, so more attacks get through and their LB being shit.
Yeah, their defence being weakened is something you have to factor in.
Still hope that this is an indication that the refs have noticed their tactical fouling and are punishing them for it.

What a load of tosh.

It's obviously a conspiracy to let us win it.

Of course it's possible to build on sand. Here in Singapore there are blocks of skyscrapers standing on what used to be ocean but is now reclaimed land.

The question is cost. It's obviously more expensive and used as a last resort. If you already have a perfectly good stadium how do you justify spending 100m - 200m on earth works, when your team is not even going to be in the Premier League next season?
They don't have a perfectly good stadium.

They currently have Woodison Park, so named as it's mostly made of wood.

Approximately once every two weeks it gets renamed Boodison Park for a few minutes however, for reasons unknown...

Hahahahahaha! I'm enjoying the notion that someone thinks The Bitters have a perfectly good stadium. It makes Anfield look like a futuristic space station
Now now now, it could be a perfectly good stadium for certain circumstances.

Like, I dunno, public beheadings or something.

They don't have a perfectly good stadium.

They currently have Woodison Park, so named as it's mostly made of wood.

Approximately once every two weeks it gets renamed Boodison Park for a few minutes however, for reasons unknown...

Goodison park (especially the lower bullens) is the biggest shithole I’ve ever been to. And I’ve been to Burnley and Sheffield Utd recently.

There's been a fair amount of media talk today about the possibility of Moyes going back. A rerun of Kendall's notably unsuccessful returns there will do nicely.

There's been a fair amount of media talk today about the possibility of Moyes going back. A rerun of Kendall's notably unsuccessful returns there will do nicely.

Yeah, as well as the classic "one more game to save his job" - if he loses against West Ham he's done for.

That always bemuses me. If he's THAT close to getting the sack, what's the point in putting it off for a few games(or, one)? Just do it now.

Goodison park (especially the lower bullens) is the biggest shithole I’ve ever been to. And I’ve been to Burnley and Sheffield Utd recently.

I guess these old stadiums have a few "restricted view" seats? We used to have quite a few of them ourselves and the tiny slim piles were surprisingly annoying.

The work of Liverpool fans I would guess.
Most are (and barely veiled), but there are actually some by other away fans and honest blues as well. Such as this one:

A relic of a stadium, not fit for the modern era
It hurts me to say this, being an Evertonian, but Goodison Park isn't fit for the modern era. Yes, the atmosphere is terrific, but to charge £43 for a seat in the upper Gwladys is just wrong, where you can barely see the goal at the Park End, and definitely can't if you stand, which you are frequently forced to do. The leg room and size of seats is atrocious - I'm not tall, but my legs were crushed against the seat in front.

The club only considers a seat to have a restricted view if you can't see part of either goal, but this is misleading, as most views are obscured by pillars. Everton only reduces the price for restricted views by £1 anyway, so this proves my point that there isn't much difference.

The toilets are too small to cope with the numbers, and there aren't enough of them, and the concourses are about a quarter of the size of more modern stadia.

The club desperately needs a new stadium, and Goodison should be consigned to history like the relic it is.

Nothing to see here...
Recently took my nephew Gwyn to visit Everton's football ground. I don't know why he's an evertonian, he was either dropped on his head at birth or was switched.

Anyway, we rack up and take a tour round Goodison. In the sixties, it was state of the art, today it is dilapidated and crumbling and could do with tearing down. I'm surprised it got a safety certificate.

Anyway, Gwyn enjoyed it, we saw the changing rooms were the away teams get changed and visited the dugout were manager after manager have failed to win anything for 20 years.

Finally we went to the trophy room. We had trouble getting in it as the doors were padlocked. Once in I used my zippo lighter to try and find the trophies. All I found was a Kevin Sheedy Testimonial match programme and a pair of Adrian Heath's old socks.
The Trophy cabinet:
goodison-park-stadium.jpg

By this point Gwyn was in tears, so we left and I took him for a walk in the nearby park to calm him down. Looking across the lush, sun kissed grass, he saw the light.

Last edited:
Hello all,
Had to tell this story, it's one of my favourites, a good mate of mine, a true blue, was in bed with his misses one night, didn't want to disturb her by turning the light on so fumbled around on his bedside table, thinking he had found his anusol proceeded to rub deep heat on his arse. His misses reconed that he actually levated in bed whilst screaming his head off before running to the bathroom to try and wash it off.

Welcome @Mango Chutney

If, like me, you are partial to mango chutney, I recommend "Indi" mango chutney which is available in Home Bargains. It's lovely and I have built up a stock of it, in case it disappears from the shelves.

It's so delicious that you could spoon it up your arse without any ill effects.

Welcome @Mango Chutney

If, like me, you are partial to mango chutney, I recommend "Indi" mango chutney which is available in Home Bargains. It's lovely and I have built up a stock of it, in case it disappears from the shelves.

It's so delicious that you could spoon it up your arse without any ill effects.
Cheers, I do like a bit of mango chutney.
Next time I'm in HB's I'll get some and give it a go,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom