• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other forum meltdown watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea have lost their best player and if they can't sign anyone, it does mean they will have to use more young/ on loan players, but while any team would miss Hazard, they should still have a good enough squad to challenge for the Top 4.

Admittedly, their striking options look thin, with Giroud currently being their most experienced striker, and there's still a bit of a problem with central midfield, with Kovacic gone (shit anyway) and questions marks about Jorginho (and Barkley), Drinkwater is shit aswell and Loftus-Cheek injury-prone.

Dunno, I still think they'll be OK

I don't think there are any question marks about Ross Barkley. The Chelsea fans I know all hate him because he's fucking shit

Doesnt Hudson Odoi have 1 year left? I wonder should we be buttering him up on the chance he gets a lot of games and starts to realise his potential in the coming season.

Doesnt Hudson Odoi have 1 year left? I wonder should we be buttering him up on the chance he gets a lot of games and starts to realise his potential in the coming season.

I'm not sure he'd believe us if we said he'd get more games at Liverpool, given we've got two of the best wingers in the world playing on the left and right

Kennedy is fucking shit.

Did someone say Kennedy?

player_kennedym.jpg

Did someone say Kennedy?

player_kennedym.jpg

In about 1994 (I think it was) I went on the Alan Kennedy tour in Liverpool - shown round Melwood (where we met the players) and Anfield, then on to a game of five-a-side at some establishment called, if you can believe it, The Pitz. At one point while we were at Melwood, Mark Kennedy drove in just by where we were meeting some of the other players, and not a single one of us recognised the poor bugger.

In about 1994 (I think it was) I went on the Alan Kennedy tour in Liverpool - shown round Melwood (where we met the players) and Anfield, then on to a game of five-a-side at some establishment called, if you can believe it, The Pitz. At one point while we were at Melwood, Mark Kennedy drove in just by where we were meeting some of the other players, and not a single one of us recognised the poor bugger.

That happens to Alan Kennedy too, the poor bugger.

Seeing United give a 2 year extension to the ageing Juan Mata makes me love Edwards more and more

Good player, and I suppose him being "ageing" isn't too bad, given he's always run like he's about 50 anyway.

But yeah, status quo is fine by me.

Why would you leave a club in the PL as a firs teamer to come be a benchwarmer for the World's best keeper

It goes from "Phil Jones is better than him" and "we can buy to Eric Bailley for that fee" to that he's easily the best defender in the World.
Some comedy gold in there.

Superb thread, that one. Thanks. Some of my favourites -

really like Van Djik as a football-player but he's not a true top-cb and never will. His defensive awareness is terrible, it seems like he's just lazy and this has always been his problem.

£30m Bailly is still a better and younger defender than £75m VVD.

I don't think people said he would be horrendous but he's not a 75m defender. Someone like Smalling has been better imo.

He's a good defender and that's about it. Nowhere near world class, and would probably be someone you'd upgrade if you wanted to build the best team you could. The reality is that Liverpool paid well over the odds for him because of the tapping up debacle, and now the fans are trying to make him out to be someone he isnt. It's John Stones all over again, makes game changing mistakes too often, but people are trying to turn him into a better player by sheer force of will. Liverpool fans will slowly realize this, when Lovren is no longer in the team to make everyone other defender look good.

Superb thread, that one. Thanks. Some of my favourites -

really like Van Djik as a football-player but he's not a true top-cb and never will. His defensive awareness is terrible, it seems like he's just lazy and this has always been his problem.

£30m Bailly is still a better and younger defender than £75m VVD.

I don't think people said he would be horrendous but he's not a 75m defender. Someone like Smalling has been better imo.

He's a good defender and that's about it. Nowhere near world class, and would probably be someone you'd upgrade if you wanted to build the best team you could. The reality is that Liverpool paid well over the odds for him because of the tapping up debacle, and now the fans are trying to make him out to be someone he isnt. It's John Stones all over again, makes game changing mistakes too often, but people are trying to turn him into a better player by sheer force of will. Liverpool fans will slowly realize this, when Lovren is no longer in the team to make everyone other defender look good.
OMG !!! - this is not real is it ? Just cannot believe that last paragraph, these people watch football ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom