• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other forum meltdown watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the transfer ban means they'll presumably be forced to play a load of younger players over the season, who will respect Lampard, & have worked with him directly in the past, it's not the worst idea in the world.

Tactically in big games is where the issue will inevitably come, but if you can install a team alongside him with experience it could actually be a workable stopgap solution for a season or so.

Hopefully it'll go horribly wrong though.

Inexperienced manager that hasnt conviced anyone so far and a team that has just lost their best player with a transfer ban hanging over them, I hope it all goes to hell.

Yeah, but that makes it even funnier

I used to kind of like Pep - but you done a marvellous job over the years convincing me he’s an ubercunt.

I think he should go for the trifecta next season and lose to Chelsea in the quarters.

Considering the transfer ban means they'll presumably be forced to play a load of younger players over the season, who will respect Lampard, & have worked with him directly in the past, it's not the worst idea in the world.

Tactically in big games is where the issue will inevitably come, but if you can install a team alongside him with experience it could actually be a workable stopgap solution for a season or so.

Hopefully it'll go horribly wrong though.
Weirdly I actually like Lampard and would wish him well. I despise Chelsea of course. Thing is he has always come across as sound, articulate and measured in his views on the game. Also with all things LFC. Huh - It would be a good choice but they won't do it because they are a bunch of fucking plastic flag waving rentboys that know nothing about anything.

I used to like Christine Bleakley from "The One Show" until Lampard started shagging her.

Put me right off her.

I have boycotted The One Show ever since Jo Brand got Carol Thatcher sacked.

No great inconvenience actually.

Be interesting to see how Chelsea line up next season .

Haven't they got like a billion players out on loan.. ?? Think they will be fine.

That Basthuayi and Abraham will be leading the line next season...

They also have Pulsic..

But they've lost their best player and can't sign anyone. They might struggle.

They may not drop that far but I don't think they're certs for a European place. Hazard will be such a humungous miss for them that IMO it remains to be seen not only how they'll cover for his absence, but *whether* they can do so to any meaningful extent.

I think a manager who plays his players in their best positions will also be an added bonus for Chelsea. As already mentioned, Chelsea has many good players out on loan— I know previous managers haven’t fancied most of them but look at de Bruyne, Salah, Lukaku etc. for what have been.

You seem to think they're nailed on for it. I don't agree. They're OK (though no more than that) at the back, but I don't think they have the blend anywhere near right in midfield yet and I don't like the look of their striking options. None of those teams you named is in its best shape (Villa in particular would need to spend big) but Chavski won't be either. Dark horse IMO could be Wolves - excellent manager and some real quality here and there in the team.

You seem to think they're nailed on for it. I don't agree. They're OK (though no more than that) at the back, but I don't think they have the blend anywhere near right in midfield yet and I don't like the look of their striking options. None of those teams you named is in its best shape (Villa in particular would need to spend big) but Chavski won't be either. Dark horse IMO could be Wolves - excellent manager and some real quality here and there in the team.

Lampard will play players in their natural positions ( I think I have them right below) so can Arsenal / United better this team ? Remains to be seen but not at the moment. And they have Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi to come back too.

.................................................. Kepa

Azpilicueta ............ Christianson ........... Luiz ......... Alonso
........................ (or Rüdiger for one of those two)

.................................................. Kante

....... Pick two from Barkley / Drinkwater / Jorginho (& later Loftus-Cheek)

Willian (Pedro) ............. Abrahams (or Giroud) ............ Pulisic (Hudson-Odoi)

Last edited:
Lampard will play players in their natural positions ( I think I have them right below) so can Arsenal / United better this team ? Remains to be seen but not at the moment. And they have Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi to come back too.

........... Pick two from Kovacic / Barkley / Drinkwater / Jorginho

Willian ....................... Abrahams (or Giroud) ............ Pedro (later Hudson-Odoi
Kovacic went back to Madrid and they won't be able to sign him now, will they?

........... Pick two from Kovacic / Barkley / Drinkwater / Jorginho

Willian ....................... Abrahams (or Giroud) ............ Pedro (later Hudson-Odoi
Don’t forget about Pulisic, he’s joining this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom