• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

One Brew over the Swans nest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have rather he had gone to play at Leeds. Would be playing with better players and getting more goal scoring opportunities.

23209126-7870411-Swansea_boss_Steve_Cooper_s_thoughts_regularly_drift_back_to_the-a-7_1578604762294.jpg
23214302-7870411-image-a-140_1578606452517.jpg

It's a shame that virtually none of those are being given a crack at the top level. Odoi is closest and he's been out of form so far since he came back from injury. That Giggs-White looks like he's only had a handful of games too. Foden is meant to be the best of the bunch and Pep won't give him a run.

It's a shame that virtually none of those are being given a crack at the top level. Odoi is closest and he's been out of form so far since he came back from injury. That Giggs-White looks like he's only had a handful of games too. Foden is meant to be the best of the bunch and Pep won't give him a run.
They used the starting line up as a basis, Jadon Sancho was on the bench.

Last edited:
Er, yeah, but on the other hand, macca does appear to be suffering a long, painfully drawn out mental breakdown.

Says the 'man' who works for people with blood on their hands. Keep clod-hopping over the graves, mate, whilst topping up the secretly frail ego playing the smart arse in a tiny little forum.

Says the 'man' who works for people with blood on their hands. Keep clod-hopping over the graves, mate, whilst topping up the secretly frail ego playing the smart arse in a tiny little forum.

This is more like it, macca! Skewering secretly frail egos like some kind of merciless and vengeful God! Smite them with your cruel words and let them quake at your approach!

For what is there left, macca? What succour for a man such as you? There are no more battles worthy of your time or talent, no mountains left to conquer.

It would be a tragedy if you spent your remaining days, lonely and huddled in a stained and threadbare velvet housecoat, surrounded by wonky piles of water-bloated biographies of Tony Crane from The Merseybeats and Paul Barber ("Call Me Denzil"!). Perhaps finishing your life's work "Kevin Spacey: My Story" is no longer a possibility, but never lose hope. Ever.

And if that means coming on here to call Modo a cunt, or overreact to a harmless joke like an addled old lunatic after half a bottle of Aldi blended whisky, then who are we to complain?

Last edited:
Brewster starting up front for Swansea now - on sky sports if you're arsed

Quite a big first game - away in the South Wales derby

How the hell would you know? You've seen him play about 5 minutes. Macca, who has seen more of this lad than anyone on here thinks he is one of the best prospects he's seen in a long time.

I’ve probably seen as much and he’s got everything. I’m very disappointed he hasn’t gotten a chance this season when he’s been fit

How the hell would you know? You've seen him play about 5 minutes. Macca, who has seen more of this lad than anyone on here thinks he is one of the best prospects he's seen in a long time.
Also with all due respect his record with evaluating the "kids" hasn't been that great.
Although Brewster has looked great for the U23s. Does have a lot in his locker.

Foden seems to get plenty of match time considering who he's up against !

I caught the last 10 mins or so of that and it was dreadful stuff.

Y'all happy you watched that?

For me he doesn't do much to get involved.

Offered no real support or runs in behind/down the wings to be found, stood waiting for the ball a lot.

For me he doesn't do much to get involved.

Offered no real support or runs in behind/down the wings to be found, stood waiting for the ball a lot.

You not going to give him any time?

First game, derby at that, against a team chasing some self-respect by all accounts. His team-mates didn't seem to do much either from what I saw.

You not going to give him any time?

First game, derby at that, against a team chasing some self-respect by all accounts. His team-mates didn't seem to do much either from what I saw.

Even in our games in the cup, it was more of the same.

I think it's the type of striker he is, It's not about giving him time, I'm not the 1 under any pressure to deliver.....If he wants a chance under Klopp here he has to
start showing a lot more until end of the season.

THen you see the talents of Martinelli and Greenwood who when they do step up, take their chance..even Foden.

[article]Swansea City legend Lee Trundle believes it could take a little bit of time for Rhian Brewster and his team-mates to adjust to one another - but was impressed with the Liverpool loanee's debut.

The 19-year-old was thrown straight in for his Championship debut against Cardiff City on Sunday during their 0-0 draw after signing on loan for the remainder of the season this week.

Whilst the Liverpool loanee didn't have any real sights of goal, he played a full 90 minutes and gave Swansea fans an early taste of what they can expect from him.

In the ferocious heat of the south Wales derby, Trundle was impressed with Brewster for stepping up to the challenge and showing a different side to his game.

"I think he did well. He showed a different side of his game, he played a lot of the game with his back to goal because of the balls that we were playing into him. I don't think we used him enough," Trundle told Sky Sports after the match.

"I think it is about us getting used to him as well. Our forwards who we have had over the last few years are forwards who come to the ball and want to play with their back to goal. Rhian looks to cause problems in-behind so it is about us learning what is best for him and playing those types of passes.

"He showed he's got a bit about him. As a young lad that hasn't played much or got many minutes at first-team level, he could have easily gone into his shell. He didn't do that, the next time he got the ball he left one on the defender to say 'listen, if you do it to me, I'll do it back to you'.

"I was impressed with him, he had a great turn in the second half but cut his shot wide. All in all, I'm looking forward to seeing more from him in a Swansea shirt."[/article]

[article]There was barely five minutes on the clock when Rhian Brewster was clattered from behind by Cardiff skipper Sean Morrison.

The on-loan Liverpool striker, thrown in for his Swansea debut on the most volatile of stages, got back to his feet assuming a free kick had been given, then briefly stood aghast as he waited for a whistle that never came.

Welcome to Championship football.

It was the start of what was ultimately a frustrating day for the 19-year-old. His capture has been lauded as a big coup in west Wales, deriving from Steve Cooper’s time in charge of England Under 17s.

First team chances at Anfield thus far have been scarce - just two cup appearances to show for his undoubted potential. Game time is needed, hence Jurgen Klopp’s willingness to loan him to a side in desperate need of a cutting edge up front. But if today is anything to go by, Brewster is going to have to learn the hard way.

The sharpness and desire is clearly there. The match was barely 90 seconds old when he dropped deep and showed close control in a move that culminated with Wayne Routledge being flagged offside. After just 11 minutes he clattered into Lee Tomlin and was justifiably booked. He dropped deep, he took quick free kicks to try and up the ante, and he made futile attempts to pressure Cardiff keeper Alex Smithies when he was clearing upfield.

Indeed, aspects of the Liverpool ethos were evident. Brewster pressed the back four, he harried, he tried to close down defenders, but for a youngster with renowned speed he spent much of the 90 minutes with his back to goal.

And this is where he must be patient.
The endeavour of Andre Ayew aside Brewster is now in a team that has struggled to create openings of late. Of course things today could have been different had Bersant Celina’s first half effort not come back off the post, but in truth chances for the visitors were few and far between.

Brewster did turn sharply in the second half before dragging a left foot shot wide from long range, and then did similar off his right foot. Both times, you sensed a youngster whose keenness to impress outweighed composure.

But he can improve Swansea. The quality on the ball outweighs that of his predecessor, Sam Surridge, and there were glimpses today of link up play and a space awareness that can’t fail to offer promise. It will take time though. Brewster’s teammates need to get used to him, and he needs to get used to the notion that he’s in a League, and a team, where hard working displays don’t guarantee reward.

And there will be further days of frustration to come.

Although if the 93rd minute was anything to go by, Brewster may know that already
. With Swansea seconds away from a point on the road, he found himself in possession in his own half with players breaking either side of him. He looked up, took a touch, and with an action of defiance that would probably have made Klopp spontaneously combust were it his Liverpool side, he hoofed the ball 40 metres upfield into no man’s land.

Maybe he’ll fit into the Championship quicker than we think…..[/article]

[article]Cardiff City captain Sean Morrison says it will take time for Rhian Brewster to cope with the physical demands of the Championship following his efforts in the South Wales derby.

The striker - who joined on loan from Liverpool last week - was handed his debut against the Bluebirds, with the 19-year-old playing the full 90 minutes of the 0-0 draw.

Brewster endured a tough welcome to life in the second tier, with Morrison and Curtis Nelson imposing their physicality on proceedings in a bid to keep the young forward quiet.

But Morrison admits Swansea have pulled off a real coup in securing the services of the Liverpool frontman.

"He’s a young lad. He only signed this week. He’s obviously a very talented young player," said Morrison.

"I was watching his clips today and he looks like a top player from a top team, but the Championship is a different kettle of fish from the Premier League and Under-23s football.

"You can see he's a good player. It's going to take him time to get used to the Championship. I think you could see flashes of his class and movement. I think Swansea have got a good player on their hands."

Brewster had precious little in the way of chances during the game at Cardiff City Stadium.

However, his work-rate ensured Cardiff's back four had to be alert during the course of the stalemate in the Welsh capital.

Morrison was not afraid to use his strength to outmuscle Brewster, and the centre-back put in a meaty challenge on the teenager early on.

But the skipper denies deliberately targeting Brewster during the derby game.

"It wasn’t a message from the gaffer at all for me to just clatter a young lad on his debut," he added.

"I approach every game the same, whether it be against an experienced pro or not, I want to try and make it as difficult as possible for them.

"I want to win my battles. That's my job first and foremost."[/article]

Last edited:
[article]His efforts didn't go unnoticed by those at Anfield.

Jurgen Klopp's side didn't play on Saturday, although the Reds extended their lead at the summit of the Premier League by beating Manchester United 2-0 on Sunday.

And Brewster has revealed he received a raft of messages from those at his parent club following his dream home debut for Swansea.

"There is a loan manager at Liverpool who I talk to, but I keep in contact with everyone," he revealed.

"(James) Milner text me last week and Hendo (Jordan Henderson) was texting me this week.

"I keep in contact with the boys and I have to thank them because they’re thinking of me.

"This move is going to be good for my development, I just need a run of games.

"I’ve started both of my first ones and hopefully I can push on now, stay injury free and keep scoring goals."[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom