• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Oh Jota night

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's good to see he has a left foot. It's often frustrating to see Bobby trying to toe poke, shoot with the outside of his foot, or trying to drag the ball to his right thus missing the moment, when what the finish requires is just a good solid contact with the left foot.

Very very pleased with how quickly his body has taken to the PEDS and caffeine for most players coming in it takes a while before you can see it working but its been almost instant for Jota.

It’s why we partnered with Lavazza. Jota is on the new roasted blend.

35261588-8915051-image-a-16_1604532829385.jpg

Rosenthal scored the majority of his goals in those first games if I remember right. My primary memory of him is hitting the crossbar with a fairly open goal.

Fowler did get 5 in a 10-0 league cup win against Fulham to help his early numbers.
It was 5 in a 5-0 win. No one else was allowed to play with his ball

And if people are going to claim that "skewed" the numbers, then I guess we should also write Jota off, as his numbers are "skewed" by scoring 3 against Atalanta.

What is it - do only single goals and, at a push, braces count?

It was 5 in a 5-0 win. No one else was allowed to play with his ball

And if people are going to claim that "skewed" the numbers, then I guess we should also write Jota off, as his numbers are "skewed" by scoring 3 against Atalanta.

What is it - do only single goals and, at a push, braces count?
Thanks for the correction. We did beat Fulham 10-0 in a game around that time - I should know - I was there! Should have remembered that I did not see the Fowler 5, so couldn't have been that game. Nice overblown sarcasm to follow on what was merely a point of information. Perhaps you read the sub-text that the goals were against easier opponents, and that's probably right - but it would be silly anyway to try and compare Jota to Robbie. Fowler was a genius goal-scorer - Jota is a different type of player. If Jota can continue the early trends the way Fowler did I think we'll all be happy.

Thanks for the correction. We did beat Fulham 10-0 in a game around that time - I should know - I was there! Should have remembered that I did not see the Fowler 5, so couldn't have been that game. Nice overblown sarcasm to follow on what was merely a point of information. Perhaps you read the sub-text that the goals were against easier opponents, and that's probably right - but it would be silly anyway to try and compare Jota to Robbie. Fowler was a genius goal-scorer - Jota is a different type of player. If Jota can continue the early trends the way Fowler did I think we'll all be happy.
My overblown sarcasm wasn't actually directed at you - I went back and edited my post to change "you" to "people" for exactly that reason

Rosenthal scored the majority of his goals in those first games if I remember right. My primary memory of him is hitting the crossbar with a fairly open goal.
I think he more or less won us the league, though in 1990. I remember going out to Italy as part of my university course - when I left we had a narrow lead over Villa. The next week I saw the game on a friend's mini-tv. We were losing 2-1 at home to Southampton I think when this player I'd never heard of came on as sub. Ronnie turned that game, then scored a perfect hat-trick in a 3-0 win at Charlton. Scored a few more in the run-in. I think he more than earned forgiveness for that horror-miss.

I don't think it's much of a stretch to say that he's been our best player this season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom