• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Norn Ireland Bakers Win "Gay Cake" Legal Case

manwithnoname

Bravo old man. Bravo.
Banned
Those Christian bakers in NI who refused to make a cake supporting gay marriage have won their case, after the spurned gay customers took them to court for discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation and political beliefs.

The legal battle - which has lasted four-and-a-half years and has cost nearly £500,000 so far - has raised questions over equality and freedom of conscience. Ashers bakery's general manager Daniel McArthur said he was delighted and relieved by the ruling.

"I know a lot of people will be glad to hear this ruling today, because this ruling protects freedom of speech and freedom of conscience for everyone," Mr McArthur said outside the court.

Mr Lee said the case had made him feel like a second-class citizen and that he was now concerned about "the implications for all of the gay community. To me, this was never about conscience or a statement. All I wanted to do was to order a cake in a shop,"

He could still have ordered a cake in the shop, though.

Apparently he wanted Bert & Ernie from Sesame St on the cake, and the message "Support Gay Marriage".

This is a copyright issue and also defamatory, because no matter how much the gay 'shippers want it to be true, Bert & Ernie aren't gay lovers.

Back
Top Bottom