• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Non LFC summer transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf is going on?

I get this alert:
2ca918630e5c65c2deb2c98983b3afb2.jpg

but when I click on it, it takes me to this post:
711c858d6d58ab9da5848493aa3c4c9a.jpg

Have I been living in Stevie's wardrobe for the last 5 years, unbeknownst to myself?

Last edited:
Yeah - I can see how other teams are likely popular in other Asian countries - a lot of the Liverpool fans in Australia come from a more European background - loads of Greek LFC fans for some reason.

Certainly in Melbourne - Liverpool will attract more people than anyone else individually. The biggest crowd to watch football in Australia (aside from the Olympics) was Real Madrid Vs Man City a few seasons back, which got about 4K more people than Liverpool Vs Melbourne Victory a decade or so ago - Utd Vs Melbourne Victory pulled about 20,000 less last season.
Yeah but Aus has a population of 25m out of the Asia population of 4.5 Billion ... so will be the equivalent of a mosquito's bite on the overall numbers ;)

Yeah but Aus has a population of 25m out of the Asia population of 4.5 Billion ... so will be the equivalent of a mosquito's bite on the overall numbers ;)

For sure - but I did say I was only taking about Australia and not the whole of Asia :D

Caicedo is not moving for less than £90m.

One of Chelsea or Arsenal will pay it, the fools.
He'll leave for 89m and £1

Not sure that's Arsenals feet, Chelsea for sure but Arsenal are 1 of the proper clubs that go about business the right way.

Reckon he'll be sacked by Christmas, another Nuno/Rodgers....not ruthless enough.

His first major work is gonna be handling Harry Kane.

He needs to let kane go and bring in 2 players to actually improve them

Whats the point in have a 30 goal a season striker, if you're dropping points every week due to a shite defence and unbalanced midfield

He needs to let kane go and bring in 2 players to actually improve them

Whats the point in have a 30 goal a season striker, if you're dropping points every week due to a shite defence and unbalanced midfield

It's gonna be incredibly difficult for him, they have to go big which I don't see them doing without Europe......also what kind of big names can someone like Ange attract.

They'll do what Spurs always do, go through 2-3 managers and finish 5-8th & trophyless.

It's gonna be incredibly difficult for him, they have to go big which I don't see them doing without Europe......also what kind of big names can someone like Ange attract.

They'll do what Spurs always do, go through 2-3 managers and finish 5-8th & trophyless.

Oh he's immediately on to a loser. It's not like Klopp coming to a flailing liverpool. Spurs are shite and Ange, with the greatest respect, isn't exactly a draw for the talent. add in they might sell their talismanic striker , you genuinely think who would go there bar journeymen, or slightly past their prime players

Not to go all Dreamie - but he’s not the worst manager they could have signed.

Although… you do have to remember that Ange was managed a local Melbourne team called Whittlesea Zebra’s to relegation (in about 2006 I think).

This may or may not be due to the fact his centre forward was Ryan O’Hare…

Aouar close to signing for Roma. Feels like he has been linked with a move for the last decade but now finally signing on a free.

Not to go all Dreamie - but he’s not the worst manager they could have signed.

Although… you do have to remember that Ange was managed a local Melbourne team called Whittlesea Zebra’s to relegation (in about 2006 I think).

This may or may not be due to the fact his centre forward was Ryan O’Hare…
Hopefully Spurs can get to the FA Cup final next season and Ryan can design their suits for the big day.

Oh dear, I think it's a bit harsh to say he'll have a shorter reign that Fat Sam when the season isn't even starting for another 2 months!!!

It’s all right… Dreamie will be here to tell us how Ange is a “GREAT MANAGER!!!”, and the start a thread reminding us how great he is every time Spurs wins a game.

I think Ange will surprise many - he plays a great attacking possession game.

Great signing for spurs

I think Ange will surprise many - he plays a great attacking possession game.

Great signing for spurs
It’s Celtic in the SPL…..does the name Brendan Rodgers or Steven Gerrard ring a bell? How did his Celtic side do in Europe?

It’s Celtic in the SPL…..does the name Brendan Rodgers or Steven Gerrard ring a bell? How did his Celtic side do in Europe?

His style of play is much better than Rodgers or Gerrard - how’d we do in Europe this season? Doesn’t make Klopp a bad manager.

I think Ange will surprise a lot of people in the EPL

His style of play is much better than Rodgers or Gerrard - how’d we do in Europe this season? Doesn’t make Klopp a bad manager.

I think Ange will surprise a lot of people in the EPL

I can only really compare based on their performances in Europe, I'm not gonna pretend to know anything about the SPL as I couldn't give a hoot about it but one thing is for sure when you're managing Celtic/Rangers is you can pretty much impose any style of play you want to win because all the other sides are a walkover there.....it's very different in European leagues and there's actual competition around you.

I thought we did ok in Europe apart from 2 results (Napoli away and Madrid at home), we probably got about as far as most thought we'd get.

Ange struggled at Celtic when he first arrived.....after 7 games he was 3-1-3. That's abysmal for Celtic, who knows if he'll even have much more time than that to put things right managing in England.

In Europe under him they've been diabolical....first embarrassed by Midtylland in the CL qualifiers then drop down to Europa and embarrassed by AZ....then later that season they dropped into the ECL and were again embarrassed by Bodo/Glimt.

Fast forward to this season, sure they've done well to win the treble (something also achieved by Rodgers/Lennon and just about everyone else that's managed Celtic).....but again what happened in Europe? finished bottom with 2 points in the group stages, pitiful.

It's all very Rodgers esque.

I can only really compare based on their performances in Europe, I'm not gonna pretend to know anything about the SPL as I couldn't give a hoot about it but one thing is for sure when you're managing Celtic/Rangers is you can pretty much impose any style of play you want to win because all the other sides are a walkover there.....it's very different in European leagues and there's actual competition around you.

I thought we did ok in Europe apart from 2 results (Napoli away and Madrid at home), we probably got about as far as most thought we'd get.

Ange struggled at Celtic when he first arrived.....after 7 games he was 3-1-3. That's abysmal for Celtic, who knows if he'll even have much more time than that to put things right managing in England.

In Europe under him they've been diabolical....first embarrassed by Midtylland in the CL qualifiers then drop down to Europa and embarrassed by AZ....then later that season they dropped into the ECL and were again embarrassed by Bodo/Glimt.

Fast forward to this season, sure they've done well to win the treble (something also achieved by Rodgers/Lennon and just about everyone else that's managed Celtic).....but again what happened in Europe? finished bottom with 2 points in the group stages, pitiful.

It's all very Rodgers esque.
You raise fair points and only time will tell, I’m basing my stuff based on what I saw of him in the A-League, as well as how he performed and tried to get Australia to play (winning us the Asian Cup and getting us to the 2018 WC.

Didn’t watch any games while he was at Yokohama but know he was successful and did guide them to a title before heading to Celtic. I know it’s not the greatest league and as you said he didn’t do well in Europe, but the style of play he got them playing was the type of football fans want to see.

I think he’ll be great for spurs and kudos to them for not going the high profile manager route and trying something different. I like Ange but still hope Spurs continue being shit.

Under Ange, they still might not win anything, but they won’t be the basket case they currently are.

That's the beauty with time isn't it....sooner or later it will reveal all.

Guess we can revisit this discussion again before Christmas Zlate ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom