• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

No match thread either, but this will do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not related to this oven, but cold ferment your pizza dough overnight, and aim for around a 4 minute total bake time. You want leopard spotting on the bottom of your dough. Less is more when it comes to toppings. Don't cook tomato sauce. At hundreds of degrees, without that much of it, it will be cooked.

I cook on steel, wish I had the room for a dedicated outside oven.
My mistake @Mamma Mia , it was @Farkmaster who was taking the piss outta my culinary talents a while back. So I'm going to his to make pizza on Tuesday.

I'd second the cold proving, it does make quite a bit of difference. I always struggle for fridge space and end up not doing this more often than not.

I don't see how we cannot sign Kabak.
At 18 million, he seems like a really good young CB and within 1-3 years, if he doesn't become really good, we can sell for a nice profit.

I think we will. Maybe move on from Matip

I've had my eye on one for a while. I think this summer will the be time for it
I got an Ooni 12 inch just before Christmas and it is great.
Not one for the purists as it is gas but the results are almost/every bit as good as, depending on who you believe and it is a lot simpler than wood chips.
This https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058135423&page=24 thread on Boards.ie gives out occasional discount codes if buying direct from Ooni.
If you do buy a gas one make sure you get one specific for the Irish/UK market as their gas regulator pressures are different to continental ones.
Ooni customer services were fantastic to work with when I had an issue around this.
Tips from me would be make sure you prove your dough for twenty four hours ( I haven't tried the cold proving method yet but I intend to) and less is more when it comes to toppings.

How I see our CB situation is VVD,Matip,Philips,and a toss up between Gomez and Kabak in that order...
I love Mapit I feel that a fit Matip teams with VVD all season long in every game. But... Matip's injuries are to big of and issue to ignore so I would have to say that we sell him, and I would go as far as to sell Gomez too. Keep Philips, and buy Kabak. and Look for another quality CB in the market
Mapit and Matip hahaha, how the fuck did I miss that.

One thing I forgot to mention yesterday. Didn't some of the players look more energised yesterday? Like they've had 3 weeks off?

I actually think this little 3 week break was just what the team needed.

One thing I forgot to mention yesterday. Didn't some of the players look more energised yesterday? Like they've had 3 weeks off?

I actually think this little 3 week break was just what the team needed.
We have usually been rubbish ater international breaks in recent times.

Jota scored 3 headers recently for Portugal, didn't he? Amazing how someone so short can be a genuine threat in the air.

Height and being good in the air isn't always related though. Plenty of players small (ish) in height have been brilliant in the air and plenty of tall players have been shit in the air. Hate to use an Everton player as an example but Tim Cahill was boss in the air for someone not very tall. It's as much about good movement and timing as anything else. Obvs need the right delivery too.

Height and being good in the air isn't always related though. Plenty of players small (ish) in height have been brilliant in the air and plenty of tall players have been shit in the air. Hate to use an Everton player as an example but Tim Cahill was boss in the air for someone not very tall. It's as much about good movement and timing as anything else. Obvs need the right delivery too.
Fowler was amazing the air and not tall, Garcia too.

Jota scored 3 headers recently for Portugal, didn't he? Amazing how someone so short can be a genuine threat in the air.

He's not short. He's 1.78m! (5 ft 8)
That's average, surely :(:mad:

Well taller than Mane or Salah, anyway...

He's not short. He's 1.78m! (5 ft 8)
That's average, surely :(:mad:

Well taller than Mane or Salah, anyway...

You've made a slight error there. 178cm is not 5 ft 8 inches, but rather 5.8 feet. He's probably around 5 ft 10. Though he does look shorter than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom