• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

No match thread either, but this will do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed the game as I was firing out pizza in a friends back garden (it's allowed again).

Options.

Straight pepperoni

Vegan - Cannelloni bean paste, roast butternut squash, caramelised red onion and apple.

Who wants me to call around for the Real game?

@Mamma Mia?

What did you make them on ?

Arteta is losing his job soon.

[article]

Mikel Arteta’s turn for a chat with Sky, and you wouldn’t fancy being one of his players when he gets back to the dressing room, because he’s clearly seething. “We completely deserved to lose the game, they were better in every department ... they deserved to win the game by the margin they did, or more ... and I can’t accept from our side the way we played today ... they won every duel, every second ball, every challenge ... they were brave when they had the ball, they made the right decisions, we didn’t ... it is my fault ... I have to set the team to play in a different way ... congratulations to Liverpool, who were exceptional today, they can play at that level ... the margin is incredibly high ... the standard has to be much higher for this football club ... we could not put three passes together ... too many simple things were not done right and when you do that against this opponent you get punished ... at the moment I am in shock ... I didn’t expect that, the way the team trained, but it happened today, it is the reality ... it is a challenge and a challenge brings an opportunity, and in football you have an opportunity a few days later, and if you have courage and you have big balls and you represent a club like this, you have to stand up in the next game and take it.”
[/article]

Jota scored 3 headers recently for Portugal, didn't he? Amazing how someone so short can be a genuine threat in the air.

I have seen the portugal goals briefly, they are similar to today's where he just position himself perfectly between the 2 defenders and arrive at the perfect moment. He barely needed to jump such was his timing and anticipation of where the ball will drop. Surprising good trait I didn't know he had.

I got the Karu. Not sure what size it is to be honest.

Have been using wood pellets so getting up to heat has been pretty easy. The first time using it was a bit tough but since then it's been grand. The pizza always turns out great.

Just bought one for the brewery opening up next week. Will be experimenting with it this week so will keep you posted. But any obvious tips from lebowski here would be appreciated
Good news on the reopening.

I've mostly been using the dough recipes they have on the app.

Other than that, it's just experience and learning from mistakes.

I've had my eye on one for a while. I think this summer will the be time for it
I'd look at ordering asap. Took about 4 months for mine to come, but that was during peak covid so things might be moving faster now.

couldn’t say a bad word about Phillips or Kabak yesterday, Arsenal fielded about £170m worth of forwards yesterday and i had to google the lineups to check who they played.

I’m glad Klopp is allegedly prioritising a forward this summer, Jota is a breath of fresh air and we could do with another.

Frim dropping even deeper when Robinson went off yesterday was pretty cool, but yeah he needs a replacement.

Thoughts:

Kabak-Phillips partnership is solid enough to win games. Phillips has earned his spot next year - he's good enough to be a 3rd/4th CB, and worst happens, sell him for 15-25 million.
TAA - best game in I don't know how long. Had a point to prove .. Thank you Southgate.
Mane - he's doing more and more right, just still not as sharp as he was the last few years. Not sure if he can turn it around this year.
Fabinho - if Klopp ever plays him in CB again ... he's so fucking good at DM it's unreal.
Jota - Losing him was the reason we are fighting for 4th, and not top 4 currently. He's hungry, with a point to prove and with Mane/Salah around, teams are leaving him alone.
Bobby - I don't know how he can start the rest of the season with Jota firing the way he is.

How I see our CB situation is VVD,Matip,Philips,and a toss up between Gomez and Kabak in that order...
I love *Matip* I feel that a fit Matip teams with VVD all season long in every game. But... Matip's injuries are to big of and issue to ignore so I would have to say that we sell him, and I would go as far as to sell Gomez too. Keep Philips, and buy Kabak. and Look for another quality CB in the market

Edit*

Last edited:
Nice article from Jonathan Wilson:
===================
One performance, once result, of course, doesn’t mean that everything is suddenly fine. Liverpool have been here often enough before this season, particularly in London, not to believe that the storm has now passed. Nobody should be drawing sweeping conclusions, good or bad, from games against an Arsenal side that remains wildly inconsistent. But there was perhaps enough in Saturday’s 3-0 win at the Emirates for Liverpool to begin to recover some faith in themselves and their methods.

But first the caveats. When Liverpool won 7-0 at Crystal Palace a week before Christmas, the feeling was that they had found their rhythm at last, that they’d worked through the scratchiness of the early part of the season. It turned out the scratchiness had been the good bit. They didn’t win any of their next five, but then won impressively at Tottenham and West Ham, where Mohammed Salah scored one of the season’s great goals. Blip over? It had barely begun: they lost six of their next seven in the league. So however dominant they were against Arsenal, it’s probably worth reserving judgement for a while.
The fixture list shows a worrying absence of further league games in London, where they have dropped just two points in six games this season, although there could be a Champions League semi-final second leg at Stamford Bridge. (Memo to John W Henry: if you do decide to push ahead with this super league idea, maybe consider moving the franchise to the capital? Daniel Levy may have a stadium to offer you.)
But what happened on Saturday showed the quality that remains in this Liverpool side. The press looked sharp again to the point that Arsenal could barely get out of their half before the break, and it led directly to the third goal. Again it must be acknowledged that Arsenal are a side who regularly get themselves into trouble playing out from the back and that their structure might not have been so vulnerable had they not been without five key players, but still, the remorselessness of Liverpool, in the first half particularly, was a reminder of how, at their best, they can smother opponents.
Jürgen Klopp was delighted with that aspect of his side’s play, noting “our counter-pressing was at the highest level... in general the defending of the whole team looked exactly how it should look.” That should concern Real Madrid, Liverpool’s opponents in the Champions League quarter-final on Tuesday, given how rattled they were by Manchester City’s press last season.
International week may have come at just the right time to refresh, reset and recharge. The three Brazilians, Nat Phillips, James Milner, Thiago Alcântara and, perhaps most crucially, Trent Alexander-Arnold - that is, seven of Saturday’s starting line-up - remained in Liverpool. Perhaps even for those who were playing for their countries, the change of environment helped to break the cycle of negativity, but for so many of the squad to have a break before the final quarter of the season can only be beneficial.

Alexander-Arnold’s form had been improving anyway after a difficult spell before Christmas, but this was probably his brightest performance of the season. His cross for the opening goal was magnificent, and he played a critical role in the third goal as well. Which can be spun one of two ways: either it highlights Gareth Southgate’s folly in leaving him out of the last England squad, or it vindicates the decision absolutely, drawing the best from the player. At this stage perhaps the best response is that the luxury England have with their glut of talented right-backs is that Southgate can afford to give a player feeling his way back some time off.
The other huge positive for Klopp was the performance of Diogo Jota, who continued the goalscoring form he had demonstrated for Portugal with two further goals after coming off the bench, taking his tally to six from his last four games. Every time he plays offers a glimpse of what might have been this season.
The concentration of injuries at centre-back understandably, and rightly, draws most of the attention, but Liverpool have also been undermined by the absences for long spells of Thiago and Jota, who have still started only one league game together. They were supposed to be Liverpool’s solution to the danger of entropy that haunts all sides who have been together for a protracted period, but particularly those who have completed a long-standing quest such as the league title.

Thiago changes the dynamic of the midfield, offering Liverpool the option to retain possession rather than playing always with the same ferocious tempo; Jota is an intelligent forward who can refresh the front three. Not only have both been injured themselves, but their integration has been hampered by injuries to others. Thiago especially, rather than being gradually introduced into a smoothly functioning machine, has been asked to hold together a mechanism in danger of falling apart. He may or may not be a success for Liverpool, but this is not the time to judge.
It was only Arsenal, and a sub-strength Arsenal at that. Nobody should think the crisis is over. But what Saturday showed was that there is still life in this season for Liverpool, and hope for the future beyond that. The two potential targets that remain this season at least now are conceivable: chase down Chelsea and/or Leicester to finish in the top four, and then aim for glory in Istanbul.

Just bought one for the brewery opening up next week. Will be experimenting with it this week so will keep you posted. But any obvious tips from lebowski here would be appreciated

Not related to this oven, but cold ferment your pizza dough overnight, and aim for around a 4 minute total bake time. You want leopard spotting on the bottom of your dough. Less is more when it comes to toppings. Don't cook tomato sauce. At hundreds of degrees, without that much of it, it will be cooked.

I cook on steel, wish I had the room for a dedicated outside oven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom