• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Nike Sources part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have sparked him I was that intoxicated.. I did well to restrain myself from being egged on (probably counter acted my anger with the weed).. that would have got us barred.. It was the cheapest place we found for beer in Amsterdam, half the group where skint by that point

Fair enough. Your friends should have gotten back then

It’s somewhere around 4 million shirts. I think that is achievable.
And it's not just shirts, there's obv socks, shorts, but also tracksuits, training gear, bags, & whatever else Nike chose to lash an lfc badge on.

I don't imagine the club simply agreed to have a lower deal than Utd in favour of that deal without making sure they weren't at least going to have parity.

And it's not just shirts, there's obv socks, shorts, but also tracksuits, training gear, bags, & whatever else Nike chose to lash an lfc badge on.

I don't imagine the club simply agreed to have a lower deal than Utd in favour of that deal without making sure they weren't at least going to have parity.
Baby lfc onezy will now cost £40 instead of £15

https://www.lovethesales.com/press/articles/football-shirt-league-table-2019

Found this article interesting, even though its two months old.

The top selling kits for Epl are 1. Liverpool, 2. Arsenal 3. Man Utd 4. City 5. Chelsea

We sell three times as many kits as Utd.

The 11th most popular shirt is not a home kit, but Liverpool's goalkeeper Jersey. The black and gold is more popular than Everton's home kit .

Makes you wonder how high the stakes are for Nike / NB, and how critical we get this right.

The top selling kits for Epl are 1. Liverpool, 2. Arsenal 3. Man Utd 4. City 5. Chelsea

The 11th most popular shirt is not a home kit, but Liverpool's goalkeeper Jersey. The black and gold is more popular than Everton's home kit .

Makes you wonder how high the stakes are for Nike / NB, and how critical we get this right.

Good stuff. Still a bit overkilling at times. The support is good of course but we certainly deserve the unbearing stamp at times.

I mean, I want us to be the best football team out there, not the biggest brand out there.

It's interesting that we're the best selling strip out there, despite the fact that we seem to have the worst distribution system with NB (if that rumour is to be believed). It would suggest that we could be selling quite a bit more.

It's interesting that we're the best selling strip out there, despite the fact that we seem to have the worst distribution system with NB (if that rumour is to be believed). It would suggest that we could be selling quite a bit more.

It's partially because the NB kits look great, which makes it a pity.

You can't be the best-selling anything without decent distribution, which suggests that while we could sell more, the issues seem to be a bit exaggerated.

You can't be the best-selling anything without decent distribution, which suggests that while we could sell more, the issues seem to be a bit exaggerated.
I think distribution is pretty easy for a brand the size of New Balance, but having a brand’s flagship store in almost every major city (sometimes multiple stores per larger cities) like Nike does will likely have a massive effect on sales and branding. I can understand why LFC would be so eager to go with a major brand with far greater reach.

You know that's fake news when Arsenal a club that has performed abysmally for a few years now, is maintaining 2nd above Man Utd, who arguably have the biggest fan base in the world.

You know that's fake news when Arsenal a club that has performed abysmally for a few years now, is maintaining 2nd above Man Utd, who arguably have the biggest fan base in the world.
I'm fairly sure that article is referring to UK sales only.

Not sure about that, TBH. If you ever browse the sub-Reddit of Liverpool FC, mostly super fan Amercian types, who like to do their own fan art of our players and sleep in LFC PJs in their thirties, they are constantly complaining about they're unable to purchase kits, even in the main cities of the USA. If NB can't get it right in the USA, it's likely to be the same in Asia, etc. The GK kit has pretty much been off-sale on the official since it launched, despite a huge demand for it. We do need to take advantage of these types whilst we're flying on the pitch.

So snooty. I converted a friend to Liverpool last year and he has now decked out his young children in all the kits. When you are jaded you forget just how thrilling Liverpool and soccer in general is compared to American sports.

So snooty. I converted a friend to Liverpool last year and he has now decked out his young children in all the kits. When you are jaded you forget just how thrilling Liverpool and soccer in general is compared to American sports.

You also forget after 30 years supporting how emotional invested in every little thing you get. I’ve a few Aussie friends who only just started following Liverpool in the last 5 years. While they are in the mid 30’s they talk and react to news stories like 10 year olds. Hence they were crushed beyond console when Suarez left, a feeling I could only compare to when Fowler left. Not in Torres hurt that much.

Though I think it's fake, I do think there is some merit signing up with a Top designer like Armani or Gucci have some LFC gear designed by them

Though I think it's fake, I do think there is some merit signing up with a Top designer like Armani or Gucci have some LFC gear designed by them

That's a very PSG thing to do.

Virgil Abloh (Louis Vuitton/Off White) made some Nike boots for Mbappe.

Reactions: Ijg

Liverpool invented football casuals, whose "uniform" was always designer rather than club-affiliated anyway.

From Fila and Sergio Tacchini through to Prrrrrrrrada-lad and whatever the young scallies are wearing now.

(I have no idea, shop at TK Maxx these days and get excited when I see a Vivienne Westwood shirt or Nicole Farhi jumper for £50 or whatever, and remember when I could afford to go to real shops and buy them at full price).

Might be of interest to Wools and Global Wools though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom