• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL offseason, Draft and 2020/2021 season

LvE was insane - if he stays healthy, he's a top top LB.
Jaylon Smith ... it hurts watching him. I'd trade for a pick between 2nd-4th (if someone can bite).
I would offer Zeke to Seattle for a 2nd - but I doubt Jerry can bite that.
Both the above were terrible deals
I think if we pick top 3 ... we have to go with a QB, which gives us 5 years to build a team again (as giving Dak 40 million ... and not improving this defense is pointless if we want to 'win')

If we're giving a new contract to Dak, then I want Sewell.

Last edited by a moderator:
LvE was insane - if he stays healthy, he's a top top LB.
Jaylon Smith ... it hurts watching him. I'd trade for a pick between 2nd-4th (if someone can bite).
I would offer Zeke to Seattle for a 2nd - but I doubt Jerry can bite that.
Both the above were terrible deals
I think if we pick top 3 ... we have to go with a QB, which gives us 5 years to build a team again (as giving Dak 40 million ... and not improving this defense is pointless if we want to 'win')

Would anyone, even Seattle, trade a 2nd round pick for Zeke at the moment?

And to get the only QB that is noteworthy (Lawrence) this year, we will need the top pick, anything less, we should trade down for more picks.

If we are looking to get a replacement QB this year, we can do it later on in the draft for much better value.

I'm holding out hope that Dak looks at the big picture and signs a new deal for decent money, but still with a home town discount. You never know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would anyone, even Seattle, trade a 2nd round pick for Zeke at the moment?

And to get the only QB that is noteworthy (Lawrence) this year, we will need the top pick, anything less, we should trade down for more picks.

If we are looking to get a replacement QB this year, we can do it later on in the draft for much better value.

I'm holding out hope that Dak looks at the big picture and signs a new deal for decent money, but still with a home town discount. You never know.

Because Zeke is still a top top top back ... and for a team that wants to win the super bowl, they go all in. I'd honestly trade him for a 3rd or 4th just to get rid of the contract.
Yah I would hope Dak does that but I don't know.

Because Zeke is still a top top top back ... and for a team that wants to win the super bowl, they go all in. I'd honestly trade him for a 3rd or 4th just to get rid of the contract.
Yah I would hope Dak does that but I don't know.

I think he is past his prime honestly, but watch him get traded for peanuts and have the best few seasons of his career.

And lets assume you are correct, and he is still a top back, how much does that really add to a team in today's NFL given the nature of offense and the salary cap restrictions?

I think he is past his prime honestly, but watch him get traded for peanuts and have the best few seasons of his career.

And lets assume you are correct, and he is still a top back, how much does that really add to a team in today's NFL given the nature of offense and the salary cap restrictions?

he adds a ton because he's a) a good receiver b) an excellent blitz protector and c) can easily run 100 yards a game with a decent o-line (ours is shite, and we're down 21-0 before the 1st half ends week after week ... exaggeration but still).
Considering what the Titans did, there's room for this kind of back in the NFL still ...

he adds a ton because he's a) a good receiver b) an excellent blitz protector and c) can easily run 100 yards a game with a decent o-line (ours is shite, and we're down 21-0 before the 1st half ends week after week ... exaggeration but still).
Considering what the Titans did, there's room for this kind of back in the NFL still ...

I agree, those additions are important for any team, but I would argue that would could get the same level of production that we get from Zeke from a stable 2-3 journeymen tailbacks, and for cheaper than we are currently getting Zeke for.

The Derrick Henry example is valid, and I agree a team can be built and have success while being a ground based team. This also shows how foolish the new contract we gave Zeke was, 6 years for $90 million (15 per year), whereas Henry got 4 years for $50 million (12.5 per year). So they got him cheaper and probably more importantly, for less time.

After this season Zeke still has 4 years left on his deal! Given that, I think we will, and should hang on to him for at least another year, just because he will have better trade value even later into his contract, or better yet, he and the team may actually play up to their supposed capabilities next season.

I agree, those additions are important for any team, but I would argue that would could get the same level of production that we get from Zeke from a stable 2-3 journeymen tailbacks, and for cheaper than we are currently getting Zeke for.

The Derrick Henry example is valid, and I agree a team can be built and have success while being a ground based team. This also shows how foolish the new contract we gave Zeke was, 6 years for $90 million (15 per year), whereas Henry got 4 years for $50 million (12.5 per year). So they got him cheaper and probably more importantly, for less time.

After this season Zeke still has 4 years left on his deal! Given that, I think we will, and should hang on to him for at least another year, just because he will have better trade value even later into his contract, or better yet, he and the team may actually play up to their supposed capabilities next season.

You're missing my point bro ... I want to convince a team to trade for Zeke... I think hes a waste of money!

You're missing my point bro ... I want to convince a team to trade for Zeke... I think hes a waste of money!

Haha, I would say I missed it by quite a bit actually. And I think you are right, sadly I highly doubt we will get good value in a trade this year, seeing as Bill O'Brian has already been fired and Jerry Jones only owns the Cowboys.

Watch us end up buying him out, just to get him off our books.

Steelers get to 8-0 after trailing for a majority of the game. Minkah Fitzpatrick is some signing.

Minkah was a trade for a 1st.
Cowboys played well, happy with l

We played well, and credit to Pittsburgh for turning it around but I feel there were a few calls that went against us that changed the momentum.
The penalty on Jaylon and LVE stand out.

All in all, played well and the defence was much better. Gallimore was impressive.

We played well, and credit to Pittsburgh for turning it around but I feel there were a few calls that went against us that changed the momentum.
The penalty on Jaylon and LVE stand out.

All in all, played well and the defence was much better. Gallimore was impressive.

LVE penalty was a joke ... The guy is pushing his neck back.
As for Jaylon ... 1st one - 50/50 but he blocked the WR, made it easy. The 15 yarder was legit - you cannot touch QBs anymore, and he did.
I still would trade him for a 2nd/3rd if we get an offer - he's never going to be worth the contract we pay him unless he's rushing constantly, where he's really good

All the people involved in the DeAndre Hopkins trade on the Houston side should be permanently banned from employment in any sports. Kyler Murray is getting majority of the plaudits. That was some catch from Hopkins though.

Dallas pulls out a win, creating a log jam at the top of the NFC East where all teams have 3 wins now.

McCarthey is going to squeek out a playoff spot, then pull an upset in the first round, which will save his job, then we re-sign Dak in the offseason, trade Zeke for the draft pick that ends up becoming the next lock down cornerback, and go on to win a few Super Bowls.

Maybe.

Probably not though.

Dallas pulls out a win, creating a log jam at the top of the NFC East where all teams have 3 wins now.

McCarthey is going to squeek out a playoff spot, then pull an upset in the first round, which will save his job, then we re-sign Dak in the offseason, trade Zeke for the draft pick that ends up becoming the next lock down cornerback, and go on to win a few Super Bowls.

Maybe.

Probably not though.

McCarthy will stay for another year regardless. Question is Nolan.
I like what I saw yesterday - the D competed, and Donovan Wilson plays safety like Ronny Lott used to. To knock Cook like that ... damn.
A bit tough to 'win' as a loss would have given us a great chance for a top 3 pick .. but I think we can win the division, and if Gregory/Smith/Tank and bring heat, who knows. If the Giants could win super bowls with Eli ...

Dont think the Joneses will trade Zeke, and I still feel he'll be a valuable member of the team. But that contract is tough.

Great win yesterday, and they have a great shot of actually getting to the play offs given how shite the NFC east is this season.

That catch by Ceedee Lamb was unreal. Fucking hell!

We'll be in sole possession of first in the NFC East after Thanksgiving, I can feel it.

Also, I must admit the idea of the Washington football team not picking a new mascot has grown on me, I hope they hold what they got.

We'll be in sole possession of first in the NFC East after Thanksgiving, I can feel it.

Also, I must admit the idea of the Washington football team not picking a new mascot has grown on me, I hope they hold what they got.

Yeah, I think so too. Arent WFT starting their QB3? Anyway, the last 2-3 games have shown a fight on defense we havent seen all season, and Dalton looked good for most part of the game yesterday.
Martin is such a fantastic player, that he'll boss any position he's given. It would be insane if he gets a Pro Bowl at RT aswell.

Yeah, I think so too. Arent WFT starting their QB3? Anyway, the last 2-3 games have shown a fight on defense we havent seen all season, and Dalton looked good for most part of the game yesterday.
Martin is such a fantastic player, that he'll boss any position he's given. It would be insane if he gets a Pro Bowl at RT aswell.

I'm not sure, I think Alex Smith is starting for them, which makes him the 3rd QB they have started this season, but he is technically the backup on the depth chart.

If we can manage a average running game and play with the same effort on defense we will win Thursday and probably the rest of our division games at least.

A big if, but we are due a decent performance on Thanksgiving.

Well, it was all but a decent performance last night. That was awful. The game management from McCarthy was ridiculous.
Two TDs from going for it on 4th down on your own 30+ yard line. Its just mindblowing.

Well, it was all but a decent performance last night. That was awful. The game management from McCarthy was ridiculous.
Two TDs from going for it on 4th down on your own 30+ yard line. Its just mindblowing.

I think the performance in the 1st half was fine ...
1) Lamb was clearly interfered was on the 4th and 1. I'm more pissed that he just didn't run to Zeke. It's a 4th and 1.
2) The penalty call of blocking McLaurin was bogus, he ran into him at full speed.
3) The two OL injuries didn't help again. We don't play well with Steele at RT.
4) The fake punt was stupid.

I guess we may be picking top 5 - which is good, as we should be able to trade down and get another 2nd and 3rd.

We win yesterday if it wasn't for coaching imo.

I think the performance in the 1st half was fine ...
1) Lamb was clearly interfered was on the 4th and 1. I'm more pissed that he just didn't run to Zeke. It's a 4th and 1.
2) The penalty call of blocking McLaurin was bogus, he ran into him at full speed.
3) The two OL injuries didn't help again. We don't play well with Steele at RT.
4) The fake punt was stupid.

I guess we may be picking top 5 - which is good, as we should be able to trade down and get another 2nd and 3rd.

We win yesterday if it wasn't for coaching imo.

Yeah, I think we win if not for the coaching.

This is rare ... very rare ... 1st round draft pick released before 2nd season is finished:
[article]The Washington Football Team released quarterback Dwayne Haskins on Monday.[/article]

This is rare ... very rare ... 1st round draft pick released before 2nd season is finished:
[article]The Washington Football Team released quarterback Dwayne Haskins on Monday.[/article]

How does it work with rookie contracts? He gets the guaranteed monies but the game bonuses are waived? Anyways, he should be set for life, even he does not play a single game after this, I am assuming.

How does it work with rookie contracts? He gets the guaranteed monies but the game bonuses are waived? Anyways, he should be set for life, even he does not play a single game after this, I am assuming.

Not 100% sure but i think he'll get paid most of that contract as rookie contracts are guaranteed.

Sounds like they had their issues with this going for this pick already in 2019, and Ron Rivera gave him a second chance.
Will be interesting to see if bounces off different squads now, going forward, and end up just fading away from the whole NFL. Or if he works himself back to having some sort of career.

With the off the field issues, I'm guessing the former.

Amazing that the Cowboys are still in with a play off chance. Insane.

@Hansern ...
The cowboys are shit when they have to win, and when all they have to do is lose to start rebuilding the team through the draft? They're shit at that too.

Think the Redskins will win the division ... but the team didn't quit and if the team has a healthy OL next year, a healthy Dak and 2-3 defensive players makers added via draft, we could maybe finish 8-8! ;-)

Zeke looked young, fresh yesterday for the first time in ages ...

@Hansern ...
The cowboys are shit when they have to win, and when all they have to do is lose to start rebuilding the team through the draft? They're shit at that too.

Think the Redskins will win the division ... but the team didn't quit and if the team has a healthy OL next year, a healthy Dak and 2-3 defensive players makers added via draft, we could maybe finish 8-8! ;-)

Zeke looked young, fresh yesterday for the first time in ages ...

Tbh, I’d rather be in with a play off shot than tanking the rest of the seaon after 3-9.
I think McClay will be able to find some gems even if we’re not picking in the top 5.
Mad to think that you’ll get Tyron, Jarwin, Collins and Dak back before next season aswell.

Hopefully Washington will have to start their back QB next week, but if not we pick at number 11ish?

Back
Top Bottom