• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL offseason, Draft and 2020/2021 season

Chiefs bossed Ravens last night, they are looking pretty good, especially considering Mahomes says he did not really learn how to read a defense until mid season last year.

Already hearing talk about them challenging Miami's undefeated season. I will say, this would be the year, considering there is no home field advantage really.

The trick with the Ravens seems to be to get the lead and force them to pass.

Last season Lamar went from the no.1 rated QB when leading to the number 28 QB when he's behind and in a passing situation.

Houston fires O'Brian after 0-4 start, very surprising and awesome news.

Don't get me wrong O'Brian should have been put of his misery via lethal injection the microsecond after even considering the Hopkins trade, let alone fired. But with all the power the franchise has given him over the years, I assumed they would be in bed with him at the very least until the end of this year, and only then if it was a 2-14 season or something like that. At one point last season and into this one, he was the Head Coach, General Manager and Offensive Coordinator of the team.

His firing now suggests the owners may not be quite as clueless as originally thought.

I say that, now go watch them hire Rex Ryan to take the job this offseason.

And the Texans are going with Romio Crennel as the interim HC for the rest of this season.

Which means we post game interviews similar to this to look foreword too:

It'd be nice if the Vikings could hold on to a fucking lead like

I just wanted to mention how happy it makes me that Texas are 2-2 so far this year, including a loss to OU. :D:D:D

I realize they are in the college ranks, but I wanted to share my joy with the rest of the forum and this is the most logical place for that.

So, @LeTallecWiz , that was soooo bad.
Who can we pick in the top 10 in the draft?

1) It pains me to say this, but after watching Zeke yesterday, and so far this season, he's at best a complimentary back. We are stuck with a terrible contract.
2) The game is very different if he doesn't fumble as we had this game in the 1st half and his mistakes, after our D played so well, fucked us. 24 points off TOs ... fucking embarrassing.
3) I'd rather tank this season and win nothing ... Let our 6th round draft pick play QB, give POllard all of Zeke's carriers and prep Lamb to be a #1 (we can cut Amari after next year with no salary cup hit.
4) We need 'playmakers' on defense, we have one and he'll sign elsewhere next season (Aldon Smith). Tank earned his contract ... and since then? He's earned nothing.

1) It pains me to say this, but after watching Zeke yesterday, and so far this season, he's at best a complimentary back. We are stuck with a terrible contract.
2) The game is very different if he doesn't fumble as we had this game in the 1st half and his mistakes, after our D played so well, fucked us. 24 points off TOs ... fucking embarrassing.
3) I'd rather tank this season and win nothing ... Let our 6th round draft pick play QB, give POllard all of Zeke's carriers and prep Lamb to be a #1 (we can cut Amari after next year with no salary cup hit.
4) We need 'playmakers' on defense, we have one and he'll sign elsewhere next season (Aldon Smith). Tank earned his contract ... and since then? He's earned nothing.

Cant disagree with much of that, but I'd like to keep Amari. Really hope they give Aldon Smith a new contract as quickly as possible.

Wonder if McCarthy will be incharge next season. If this shitshow continues he'll find himself looking for a new job.
Mike Nolan has been a disaster as DC.

Cant disagree with much of that, but I'd like to keep Amari. Really hope they give Aldon Smith a new contract as quickly as possible.

Wonder if McCarthy will be incharge next season. If this shitshow continues he'll find himself looking for a new job.
Mike Nolan has been a disaster as DC.

McCarthy has a problem - the expectations, as usual, were very high ...
I think it's time to let go of Kellen Moore and Mike Nolan ...

Fire Nolan. McCarthy will struggle to stay beyond the year.
We’re gonna be 2-14.

It's such a bad situation ...
Starts with Jerry & unfortunately Will McClay - who I think is great, but the roster is his.
Coaching has added nothing this year - nothing.
The players? Tank is not worth 100+ mill, Zeke isn't worth 90+ mill, Jaylon Smith is not worth 50+ million ...
Basically, it's rotten to the core and until Jerry dies, or retires, I think we're fucked.
I really am amazed by how 'good' this team should have been and how utterly poor it is. It's terrible.
I would consider doing what the Dolphins did and just trade everyone ... go for ton of 1st round draft picks and rebuild.

It's such a bad situation ...
Starts with Jerry & unfortunately Will McClay - who I think is great, but the roster is his.
Coaching has added nothing this year - nothing.
The players? Tank is not worth 100+ mill, Zeke isn't worth 90+ mill, Jaylon Smith is not worth 50+ million ...
Basically, it's rotten to the core and until Jerry dies, or retires, I think we're fucked.
I really am amazed by how 'good' this team should have been and how utterly poor it is. It's terrible.
I would consider doing what the Dolphins did and just trade everyone ... go for ton of 1st round draft picks and rebuild.

Jaylon has really gone to shite.
I know the injuries are really bad, but fuck me. Its such a horrendous situation.

If I had the ability to pick which QB to play for my team, I think I would have Russel Wilson over everyone including the great Rodgers and Mahomes.

Yup. McCarthy is out of there.

Yeah, the anonymous players that leaked dissatisfaction to the media last week. And now him calling them out. Beginning of the end.

You wonder how many more painful losses Jerry will sit through before pushing the button.

Steelers are finding ways to win, 7-0 now with an important win over the Ravens in Baltimore.

hopefully with a humbled, extremely motivated front office and team ...

Indeed. I think you actually saw a difference in the defence with Poe, Worley and Griffen gone. It looked more of a unit and were playing together.
Diggs will be a star.

This season is gone anyway, so picking top 5 in both the first two rounds will hopefully get us a couple of defensive playmakers and/or OLinemen.

Indeed. I think you actually saw a difference in the defence with Poe, Worley and Griffen gone. It looked more of a unit and were playing together.
Diggs will be a star.

This season is gone anyway, so picking top 5 in both the first two rounds will hopefully get us a couple of defensive playmakers and/or OLinemen.

LvE was insane - if he stays healthy, he's a top top LB.
Jaylon Smith ... it hurts watching him. I'd trade for a pick between 2nd-4th (if someone can bite).
I would offer Zeke to Seattle for a 2nd - but I doubt Jerry can bite that.
Both the above were terrible deals.
I think if we pick top 3 ... we have to go with a QB, which gives us 5 years to build a team again (as giving Dak 40 million ... and not improving this defense is pointless if we want to 'win')

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom