• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL - Offseason, Draft & 2018/19 Season

Yeah i'm up for it.

More laymans terms rules.

You can trade players between people, or pick up players from waivers (basically not selected players from that weekend).

No auto subs. Meaning if a player doesnt play, you get zero points. Dem the breaks.

Draft isn't until Late Aug-Early September though. Oncy is just keen. Ha.

Yeah i'm up for it.

More laymans terms rules.

You can trade players between people, or pick up players from waivers (basically not selected players from that weekend).

No auto subs. Meaning if a player doesnt play, you get zero points. Dem the breaks.

Draft isn't until Late Aug-Early September though. Oncy is just keen. Ha.
Mate I'm dying without football.

I'm a bit like Fabio though. I only got into NFL last season really so I still don't understand things like 4-3 defence etc or who's a good linebacker!
4-3 or 3-4 defence is basically how many people you have versus the offensive line.

Most teams play 4-3 meaning two Defensive tackles, Two Defensive Ends. Two Line backers and a Middle Line backer, behind the defensive line.

A few play 3-4 which takes out 1 Defensive Tackle and adds another Middle Line Backer.

Yup. 4:3 is just line vs backs.

The wiki page for NFL positions is very good

I ran out of time earlier.. But you will hear it referred to as 4 man rush (4:3 defense) and 3 man rush (3:4 defense). In a nutshell this is the defensive line trying to get beyond the offensive line and sack the QB before he throws it.

Usually the Linebackers stay behind to mark the Wide Receivers or Tight End routes.

You will hear the term "Blitz". Which is where the line backers don't stay back, they try and get to the QB in the same way as the defensive line.

Or occassionally the corner back or very very occassionally the safety will try and blitz the defense to get the QB instead of the Linebackers. To try and catch them by surprise.

Its very cat and mouse.

Hope this helps.

I ran out of time earlier.. But you will hear it referred to as 4 man rush (4:3 defense) and 3 man rush (3:4 defense). In a nutshell this is the defensive line trying to get beyond the offensive line and sack the QB before he throws it.

Usually the Linebackers stay behind to mark the Wide Receivers or Tight End routes.

You will hear the term "Blitz". Which is where the line backers don't stay back, they try and get to the QB in the same way as the defensive line.

Or occassionally the corner back or very very occassionally the safety will try and blitz the defense to get the QB instead of the Linebackers. To try and catch them by surprise.

Its very cat and mouse.

Hope this helps.
Yup nice summary. Just to add the D has 11 on the field same as the O and the 4:3 or 3:4 is the line and doesn't count the Corners and Safety who make up the other 4.
You *usually* have two corners the stronger of which plays blind side to the QB and you have two safetys. Safety's usually play way behind the line and their job is to intercept/break up throws and of course open field tackling against Wide receivers and tight ends.

For my money the Safety is the hardest defensive position but also the least physical.

Will cost a lot of money... Browns?

I think he'll end up in AFC East just like Sherman did with the Niners - he's got his money. Watch him go to the Patriots - they can handle the ego, and he'll be motivated big time.

(or the Jets as they have billions and billions in cap space!)

I think he'll end up in AFC East just like Sherman did with the Niners - he's got his money. Watch him go to the Patriots - they can handle the ego, and he'll be motivated big time.

(or the Jets as they have billions and billions in cap space!)
Suh hates Patriots. Can't see it myself.

Bengals are getting LT Glenn from Bills.

Vikings are trying to get Brees to give up on the Big Easy for one last run or two (Ryan O'meter - 0%)

I haven't used it for at least 6 months, it wouldn't be an imposition at all
I'll see how I get on. I'd like to try and be somewhat up to speed slightly so I can join the fantasy league

Keenum to Broncos.

@Fabio.. The fantasy league initial draft gives you rankings. Basically average on where the player has been picked previous year, how many points they got last year. And average picked to date this year.

I'll see how I get on. I'd like to try and be somewhat up to speed slightly so I can join the fantasy league
Get the 17 off Ross. It really is excellent. And to be honest they aren't like FIFA where the year makes a massive difference unless you have a breakthrough rookie you hardly know the difference

Ross
Me
Nomad
Wizzy
Chan
Fabio

For the league so far.

Back
Top Bottom