• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

New Forum Snag and Wish List Thread

Sunny

6CM Addict
Honorary Member
New Theme is more or less complete now so this thread is for any snags you spot and anything else people may like. I'll take suggestions and then close this thread after two weeks and then we'll discuss between the mods whether we think we can add some of these requests. Do check out your individual profiles which may have new options and info you may need to resubmit.

I'll add a poll to see who can and cannot see the "new" icon. This one's a bit strange. Fixed.

It appears to the be linked to the theme chosen by the user.

The new post images appear fine for me in every theme bar the default one ' elusive'

Edit: I say every, the only other profile/theme I have is 'curve' but yeah 'new posts' works fine in that.

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=46005.msg1360271#msg1360271 date=1309897132]
It appears to the be linked to the theme chosen by the user.

The new post images appear fine for me in every theme bar the default one ' elusive'

Edit: I say every, the only other profile/theme I have is 'curve' but yeah 'new posts' works fine in that.
[/quote]

When you cleared your browser data in Chrome did you set it to "beginning of time" ?

Yes, I did mate.

Problem also appears in Firefox and IE.

It defo appears to be the theme for me.

Do me a favour. right click on the broken icon and select "Copy Image URL" and then copy it in here

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=46005.msg1360281#msg1360281 date=1309898473]
Nice one Sunny.

[/quote]

Errrrrrrrr.

Excuse me!

[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=46005.msg1360280#msg1360280 date=1309898382]
Now for the next problem. When I hover my cursor over a thread title, I don't get a preview.
[/quote]

Fixed.

i've obliterated my thing on chrome and now they appear! huzzah!

Wish list, not snag.

I'd like more gold please.

On the index page the left looks boss, with the gold titles & grey text underneath.

Can we have the right with more gold text, similar in the sub forums too?

The breadcrumb trails & that grey line under the main banner would like great in gold too.

Basically gold text to be used more than grey text, just grey accents to pull the margins together.

Also the text on the topic line (White text on red stripe) looks slightly too big/close together maybe?

*shuts up before Sunny windmills him*

article-1184489-05012C58000005DC-23_468x286.jpg

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=46005.msg1360290#msg1360290 date=1309899129]
Wish list, not snag.

I'd like more gold please.

On the index page the left looks boss, with the gold titles & grey text underneath.

Can we have the right with more gold text, similar in the sub forums too?

The breadcrumb trails & that grey line under the main banner would like great in gold too.

Basically gold text to be used more than grey text, just grey accents to pull the margins together.

Also the text on the topic line (White text on red stripe) looks slightly too big/close together maybe?

*shuts up before Sunny windmills him*
[/quote]

You can have more gold text.

The other graphics - no you can't - far too much hassle mate

The white text that's close together ? Yeh I spotted that myself and looking for a fix.

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=46005.msg1360292#msg1360292 date=1309900344]

The white text that's close together ? Yeh I spotted that myself and looking for a fix.
[/quote]

check your email for a possible fix m8

also your padding & margins for the title bars need sorting out..

EDIT: Actually looking at the forum the header area is a bit messed up, Padding, margins, size etc, I think could be causing the knock on effect with your title bars

[quote author=jono@home link=topic=46005.msg1360293#msg1360293 date=1309900595]
[quote author=Sunny link=topic=46005.msg1360292#msg1360292 date=1309900344]

[/quote]

check your email for a possible fix m8

also your padding & margins for the title bars need sorting out..

EDIT: Actually looking at the forum the header area is a bit messed up, Padding, margins, size etc, I think could be causing the knock on effect with your title bars

[/quote]

Sorted. Thanks Jono. Invaluable help.

The header would look nicer if the image extended to the full width / height. It looks out of place amongst all that red at the moment.

How about it?

Also, the who's browsing the forum / thread feature was quite nice. Is it possible to get that back?

[quote author=keniget link=topic=46005.msg1360312#msg1360312 date=1309902237]
The header would look nicer if the image extended to the full width / height. It looks out of place amongst all that red at the moment.

How about it?
[/quote]

I know what you mean. The background of the header is a fixed size without some major pissing about. If I stretch the image it will look shite. We'd need a new logo essentially. Will look into it but it may take a while.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=46005.msg1360314#msg1360314 date=1309902369]
Also, the who's browsing the forum / thread feature was quite nice. Is it possible to get that back?
[/quote]

Should be.

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=46005.msg1360316#msg1360316 date=1309902835]
I know what you mean. The background of the header is a fixed size without some major pissing about. If I stretch the image it will look shite. We'd need a new logo essentially. Will look into it but it may take a while.
[/quote]

I modified the sprite and changed the CSS in firebug and it looks like this:

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9973/wwwsixcrazyminutescomfo.png

Still not great, but better?

[quote author=keniget link=topic=46005.msg1360320#msg1360320 date=1309903151]
[quote author=Sunny link=topic=46005.msg1360316#msg1360316 date=1309902835]
[/quote]

I modified the sprite and changed the CSS in firebug and it looks like this:

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9973/wwwsixcrazyminutescomfo.png

Still not great, but better?
[/quote]

I think a little too big. A bit smaller so a bit of red border would be nice.

Yay, looks cool with the gold text. Much more like Liverpool colours. cheers. X

Thanks BTW , me & the lads are fucking useless so good that you can help poor sunny out!

Yeah I could try on paint, but that'd be an unmitigated disaster

I kept the logo the same size, it's simply on a black background now. Do you mean the logo itself would ideally be smaller?

[quote author=keniget link=topic=46005.msg1360326#msg1360326 date=1309903658]
I kept the logo the same size, it's simply on a black background now. Do you mean the logo itself would ideally be smaller?

[/quote]

Yes.

Back
Top Bottom