• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NEW FEATURE: Forum now Tapatalk enabled

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=44469.msg1310174#msg1310174 date=1301929648]
[quote author=bkwitche link=topic=44469.msg1310166#msg1310166 date=1301927409]
Why was it removed? Every other forum I go on it works perfect, on SCM it's been shit since the first few days.

That's a hint. It's not the app.
[/quote]

Do you want to try it now ? I've applied a patch. Oh and if you're having problems try letting me know earlier next time. I'm not a mind reader and I don't have an Iphone or similar to test this out.
[/quote]

It works now. A little slow still, but perfectly functional.

And sorry for being an asshole.

No worries mate. I was a little pissed off to be fair. I do try hard to improve the site technically all the time but, like any technology and software, there's always going to be bugs and teething issues at times. It does need feedback from everyone to help make this place better.

Right, now to try and solve this fucking pain the arse first time log-in issue. Which again I cannot replicate from my end !!

I don't know how or why, but tapatalk appears to have stopped workin again. Or it loads so slow I haven't the patience o find out.

What did I say about Tapatalk before this new fantastico feature was enabled?

I'm ready to accept your apologies now ;)

Seems to work intermittently, such as now for example. Who knows. Appreciate the work you guys put in to keep this place functioning though.

I've disabled Tapatalk for now. I think there's issue with it and the version of forum software we're using. It's not gone forever but certainly for the meantime.

Just wanted to throw this out there, I am still and have been using tapatalk since it was disabled.

Having some problems with this. Past couple of days it can't connect to the forum for some reason...

Aaaaaaaaaah fair do's big man

You'll have to teach me some of this maintaining lark so it's not all on you

*shrugs* simple answer is bin it off. Site performance is paramount

Currently it's a temporary situation, we'll review the sites stability after the trial and decide what we're doing

[quote author=cochyn link=topic=44469.msg1390934#msg1390934 date=1314733519]
any news on tapatalk working?

[/quote]

Just be happy the site is working at all. Sunny is on his hols ! ;)

[quote author=tombrown link=topic=44469.msg1389957#msg1389957 date=1314614904]
Tapatalk is (was) aces ... will it be coming back or is this final?
[/quote]

x2.

We're hoping to reinstate it over the next week. hopefully it won't cause any issues, but if it does then it's getting binned off for good

Not sure if it's a coincidence, but the site is slow this morning, and I'm getting an unable to connect to database error every so often.

Was causing issues for some of our posters preventing them from logging into the site. Only temporary until I get some free time to sort it out

Just a heads up

The site is now set for viewing 30 posts per page..

So if you want Tapatalk to run along side the site as it appears.. also set that for 30 posts per page via the settings in Tapatalk..

Updated Tapatalk to 1.8.1 This apparently should fix a few issues... most notably for us admins the one listed below in bold...

Version 1.8.0 release

Update Note:
  1. support new topic notification for subscribed forum for xenforo 1.2.0(push notification for new topic is displayed as push notification for replying subscribed thread currently)
  2. support subscribe forum function for xenforo 1.2.0
  3. support Xenforo tag push for xenforo 1.2.0
  4. support mark conversation unread feature
  5. support search user for app
  6. support showing attachment in conversation
  7. support guest report
  8. support profile sync in sign in
  9. support push controll optimization for app
  10. support ignore user feature
  11. optimize sign in function
  12. optimize update password function
  13. fix one online member count incorret problem