• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

New Background and Banner

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
@FoxForceFive and I have been working hard to change the appearance of the site. A refresh we both felt was very much needed..

I have applied a new Background, the picture is taken of the Kop from the 2013/14 Season..

Whilst we also have a new Banner.. designed by @FoxForceFive himself..

We have gone all material, which will be the design moving forward for Tapatalk and up and coming release of our New Android and IOS app..

Enjoy..

Last edited:
Cheers. My skills are barely a step up from avvy's infamous Paint skills, & my laptop too shit to run photoshop or gimp, so I was stuck with paint.net, took far too long to do.

I've done the designs for the app splash screens & icon in the same material style too.

I don't like the font that six crazy minutes is in but other than that, nice one - looks a bit slicker than the old one

I'm actually really happy with the font, but then I would be, I picked it!

I tried approx 450 fonts before settling on that one, trust me, nothing else I could find looked right in contrast to the liver bird & stars in the colours we needed.

Cos the liverbird is quite intricate yet bold you need a similar style font or it looks unbalanced.

Before anyone asks I am aware of the issue with the banner with legacy browsers like IE 9 or below.

Its a bugger to get it to view linear gradients correctly [emoji3]

Working on a solution..

I don't like the font that six crazy minutes is in but other than that, nice one - looks a bit slicker than the old one
*awaits I don't like the background, because I'm not in it*

[emoji39]

Incidentally, I just noticed that clicking on the "Home" button doesn't log me out any more. Don't know if this is a coincidence or not.

Actually....

There's one more thing @FoxForceFive ... The lower red band finishes on the top left before the upper band ,I get that there's a margin the whole way round but it looks off, plus it means it's not in sync with the home bar beneath it.

Otherwise though great job, especially if done in paint.net !

Actually....

There's one more thing @FoxForceFive ... The lower red band finishes on the top left before the upper band ,I get that there's a margin the whole way round but it looks off, plus it means it's not in sync with the home bar beneath it.

thats the CSS border.. nothing to do with the image...

its kinds suppose to be like that.. though I can see your point..

I will have a play later..

Actually....

If I'd have known how long it was gonna take I wouldn't have bothered! The idea was to do a rough mockup for my mate so I could send them to him to do properly, but then I got started & my anal nature wouldn't let me leave it rough, so sent them to jono & he liked them, so I tinkered until I got it right. We had an hour long WhatsApp chat just to get the fucking stars looking right!

Cheers. My skills are barely a step up from avvy's infamous Paint skills, & my laptop too shit to run photoshop or gimp, so I was stuck with paint.net, took far too long to do.

I've done the designs for the app splash screens & icon in the same material style too.

You mean Avvy didn't do this?

(Just kidding, it's ace, well done Jon)

The new bookmark logo for chrome is a tidy, good work whoever did that..

Incidently, surely you could easily upres it for use as an app logo?

On mobile at the moment, but if it's the gold liverbird on the red background then I did it.

It is actually the app icon so is/was high resolution.

I'd just thought earlier I needed to message jono to ask if he could change the chrome icon to match using that, but hadn't gotten round to it!

Reactions: HC
The tab Icon is still old but the browser home screen bookmark is fresh

I changed it, as the previous was defaulting to xenforo..

Fav icon remains as is..

83be5d6ca0c877b02ddf80aeb536d763.jpg

Oh ok, so it's not my browser.

Although my favicon shows the six logo, not that one.

Any chance of changing the favicon to the app icon, or is too much of a PITA?

I can change resolution easily enough if needed.

Back
Top Bottom