• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Naby Lad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for him to go. He has ability but he's not strong enough, mentally or physically, for us to be able to rely on him.

Time for him to go. He has ability but he's not strong enough, mentally or physically, for us to be able to rely on him.

This.

I wanted him to succeed - but it’s not going to happy consistently enough to warrant a new contract.

I actually think when he has played I'm games 80 percent of the time he is quite good. But his injury record is so bad that he is a liability. If him going means we get someone who is mainly available and is proper box to box bollix this season, then let's all pay for his taxi, and air fare and show the lad the way out.

Naby and Ox are probably worth a combine fee of £30m, sell those two and get Jacob Ramsey in.
I would not mind Rabiot either

I actually think when he has played I'm games 80 percent of the time he is quite good. But his injury record is so bad that he is a liability. If him going means we get someone who is mainly available and is proper box to box bollix this season, then let's all pay for his taxi, and air fare and show the lad the way out.
Cheeky punt on Traore?

Has the signing of Naby has been the biggest Liverpool transfer disappointment ever?

For me it is, I was expecting a full on midfield superstar and here we are a couple of years later with fans barely arsed if he stays

Has the signing of Naby has been the biggest Liverpool transfer disappointment ever?

For me it is, I was expecting a full on midfield superstar and here we are a couple of years later with fans barely arsed if he stays
Agreed. Considering the fee and the expectations he has failed imo.
Biggest disappointment ever? Not sure.

Maybe. Although I was pretty gutted at how Morientes turned out.

Good shout, forgot about Kewell. I had considered Morientes but his age and coming to a new league gives him a decent excuse.

Aquilani: I was completely stoked by a post here by Herr Onceared (RIP). I was so caught up with Oncy's excitement that I was expecting a midfield general.

Aquilani: I was completely stoked by a post here by Herr Onceared (RIP). I was so caught up with Oncy's excitement that I was expecting a midfield general.

I remember posters on here trying the same stunt with Balotelli. Strangely I don’t remember having any expectations from Alberto but i vaguely remember that he didn’t even want to sign for us, was that a thing?

I remember posters on here trying the same stunt with Balotelli. Strangely I don’t remember having any expectations from Alberto but i vaguely remember that he didn’t even want to sign for us, was that a thing?

He definitely played like he did not want to be in England.

There is a long haired ponytailed Geordie that wants to rival most of the players mentioned so far.

There is a long haired ponytailed Geordie that wants to rival most of the players mentioned so far.

i remember calling Carroll a £10m striker about 6 months before we signed him, you can’t be disappointed by something you never rated

Only if you are about 18 years old. There are plenty ahead of him on that list but the 6CM knives were out early and whatever good games he had were ignored with radio silence by his detractors - until the next time he had a poor game and then the knives were out and brandished again.

I was prepared to give him time because he clearly has real talent but for whatever reason his BL form hasn't translated into PL form or consistency and we cleary greatly overpaid for him despite the fact he's a good player.
He's still a useful player to have and until we sign better, and / or the likes of Carvalho/Elliott (Jones will soon be history IMHO) supplant him in Klopp's mind, he'll be part of the squad.

Last edited:
Cisse, Diouf, Diao, Zenden, Benteke, Caroll. All utter shite for not so insignificant cash (apart from Zenden). Cisse did score a great goal in the league or fa cup final, and he was one of those that took a penalty in 2005 so he kind of gets a pass.
Diouf is a great shout. Remember watching him at the WC thinking we have a serious player here.

We decided against Anelka, I believed in Houiller at the time.

Utter shite!!

Cisse, Diouf, Diao, Zenden, Benteke, Caroll. All utter shite for not so insignificant cash (apart from Zenden). Cisse did score a great goal in the league or fa cup final, and he was one of those that took a penalty in 2005 so he kind of gets a pass.
Yeah Diouf was the first one that came to mind. Bought on the basis of his WC performance I believe.

Harry Kewell would be my nomination. I was made up when we nicked him from Leeds, for a fairly modest fee too. He at least had the excuse of getting injured.
Kewell is definitely my pick too. I thought he'd be our answer to Giggs and transform our attack. He was closer to Jesper Blomqvist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom