• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Mo - Sell in summer 22 or let leave for free in 2023 ?

Prefix for Poll Threads

When do we let Mo leave

• Summer 22 on a transfer

• Summer 23 on a free

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the count

SCM's least favourite muppet
Honorary Member
As much as I hope Mo signs a new contract the longer it goes without him doing so, the more likely it becomes that he will be leaving us no later than in eighteen months time.
So, on that basis, do we cash in next summer, or do we hold on to him and get one more season of his brilliance.

As an aside to this, Sadio is also out of contract at the same time as Mo, yet there is little talk about him getting a new contract.
I am not sure we will lose both in eighteen months times so I reckon one of them will be off next summer

Keep and let him go for free. Personal preference.
Rather enjoy Mo for 2 seasons than sell him, he is once in a Gen talent. Rather that sell him and reusing that money on a potential but lesser talent which I have faith we may get right but rather we just found some other funds for that or maybe a striker through our academy.
Maybe do a kickstarter it for it if not.

What would we get? £80m if Real/PSG came in? Well CL is worth over £100m, and take his goal contributions out of the team and we would have a much stiffer task of getting that. So between these 2 crap options I'd say keep, though we're bloody idiots if we don't give him a new contract.

What would we get? £80m if Real/PSG came in? Well CL is worth over £100m, and take his goal contributions out of the team and we would have a much stiffer task of getting that. So between these 2 crap options I'd say keep, though we're bloody idiots if we don't give him a new contract.
You sell Mo you get £100m, and a chance to rebuild.
So reluctantly I would sell

Klopp has only got two seasons contracted after this one... Not sure if he's going to want to go out halfway through a rebuild. I can see him fucking it off a season early if we lose those two on frees, and the next manager will come into a post Slur Alex looking wasteland and make a total Moyes of it.

I mean if we can't get him to sign but get a hundred million quid in the summer, and they've been working on pulling another pair of Jotas out of the bag on the quiet, then that's obviously what we should do.

Last edited:
Klopp has only got two seasons contracted after this one... Not sure if he's going to want to go out halfway through a rebuild. I can see him fucking it off a season early if we lose those two on frees, and the next manager will come into a post Slur Alex looking wasteland and make a total Moyes of it.

I mean if we can't get him to sign but get a hundred million quid in the summer, and they've been working on pulling another pair of Jotas out of the bag on the quiet, then that's obviously what we should do.

Yeah, we're in trouble in a couple of years' time. Especially with these owners, unless they somehow manage to unearth the next Klopp.

Money please, even if it's 50m....we've got the best of 5 years out of him + a little bit of profit.

Put the 50m towards Raphinha.

Chances of them buying a couple of players to replace Salah are very slim. They have always managed to identify the minimum required and purchase one or two below that. If we sell Salah, most likely we will buy someone like Raphinha and then there will be a media blitz headed by Echo on how Harvey Elliott and Curtis Jones are more than adequate replacements, Klopp doesn't want to hold up their development by purchasing too many players. Klopp, the gentleman that he is, will play along.

this is how i see it

1) sell Mo at x00,000 and buy Haaland or sign Mbappe (and maybe another talent), tough but acceptable.
2) sell Mo at x00,000 and buy players below the level of those mentioned, nah - would rather try to win one last big trophy with this team.
3) keep Mo and win a trophy or two, and give him a nice contract extension, probably best option for the short term. Mo won't stop scoring for another ~5 years.

I honestly don't see the fucking point if we can't justify whatever mo wants , he's a truly world class talent, surely fuck off ox and divock and promote some youth whilst diverting lion share of salary to mo? Fuck the model , if you play that well you get paid that well? I'll be sick if we lose him this soon

I honestly don't see the fucking point if we can't justify whatever mo wants , he's a truly world class talent, surely fuck off ox and divock and promote some youth whilst diverting lion share of salary to mo? Fuck the model , if you play that well you get paid that well? I'll be sick if we lose him this soon
As I just said to Hansern, I think most of us would like to find a way for Mo to extend his contract with us but this thread is meant to be solely about what do we want to do in the event that doesn't happen. Sell him next summer or let him go on a free the year after.

My bad. It has to be keep him, his goals would be worth more than whatever fee we get this summer

The only way we let him walk for free is if the nerds are convinced he'd do a Torres the moment he leaves, imo

this is how i see it

1) sell Mo at x00,000 and buy Haaland or sign Mbappe (and maybe another talent), tough but acceptable.
2) sell Mo at x00,000 and buy players below the level of those mentioned, nah - would rather try to win one last big trophy with this team.
3) keep Mo and win a trophy or two, and give him a nice contract extension, probably best option for the short term. Mo won't stop scoring for another ~5 years.
Why should we pay Mbappe what Mo is asking for? Actually, Mbappe is asking for more.
Haaland would be great signing, but he'd play in Firmino's spot.

That's what most of us want seemingly but that doesn't look likely to happen and wasn't the question asked.
Personally, I'd keep him and Mane for as long as possible. If they run down their contracts and go on a free then so be it. I honestly don't see them downing tools.

If a contract cant be agreed we’d have to sell him.

Why would we? It’s not just another 26 yr old player winding down his contract. Best Liverpool player in Klopp era.

FSG would then again be forced into another embaressing climb down to fan power. They have had the wrath of fans on a few select occasions and I think if fans get wind of any sale, I think there will be a justified uproar from fans and we are very good at it.

Last edited:
I think we are going to extend Mo, sell Sadio and spend big(ish) on a new forward. Not sure we can afford to have both remain on the books without freshening up that front line. More likely we go into 22/23 season with Mo, Bobby, Jota + another

Maybe this is my scarcity mindset, but I'm concerned about the future once our current stars age out and Klopp leaves. I want more glory while it's within our grasp.

So while it might be the smarter long term play to sell Salah and try to reinvest, I'd rather ride him to the end (if that's what happens) and bring home some big trophies before we're left in the wilderness again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom