• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Midfield kaleidoscope – finally coming together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4th game for the Fabinho-Thiago-Hendo midfield. It's crazy how just a few months ago people were saying Thiago is slowing our game down. Especially compared to Wijnaldum whose place in midfield he took, he is making the ball move so much faster.

Last edited:
I thing he was our best player against Wolves, he seems to have gotten up to the speed with the pace of the league, he's timing his interceptions and tackles much better. Far less of those desperate lunges he was making last year.

FGAecAuXIAU3A9y

This midfield is absolutely ace, au contraire to those who seem to bring Gini's name up all the time ! Fabs, Thiago, Hendo, Morton and Elliott when he returns (with backup from Keita, Ox., Millie & Jones). That's a deep, strong, midfield, now that we are getting over the rash of injuries. It's a midfield for the here & now with clear progression coming into focus.

That’s a pretty huge difference, it has to be said. Thiago just needs to stay fit and then we can say he’s been a clear improvement.

It's clear from the way we are playing when he's in the team that he is a clear improvement - he just needs to stay fit as you say. However Gini's fans are going to have you hung, drawn and quartered for posting that !

I think we’re comparing a ball carrier to a ball mover in those stats but yea i love Thiago, just needs to stay fit

You have to love the eternal circle of fan opinions

Summer 2020 - Let Wijnaldum leave and swap him for Thiago ... its an upgrade
Summer 2021 - What fucking idiots allow a 50 game a season payer like Wijnaldum leave without replacing him
Christmas 2021 - Swapping Wijnaldum with Thiago was a masterstroke ... its an upgrade
:
:
:
Feb 2021 - Thiago injured, why the fuck didn't we get Wijnaldum back on loan when we had the chance

I didn't see the game. Anyone able to summarise? Who was good/bad? How did we play etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom