• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mic Dean

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member

Kind of interesting, you can hear what the ref actually says during the game. They also had a situation reminiscent of Sterling's controversial goal, but sorted it easily enough.

Something which should be implemented across the board, that way referees are always accountable

Been asking for this for fucking years. Make sense on loads of levels & will also help cut out players behaving like petulant kids (at least some of it anyway).

They can't currently, as its an actual fifa rule that referees have to make the final decision. I do agree though.

Yeh... In every instance the ref has to make the final decision.. it should be treated in the same manner a linesman and 4th official would give advice on a decision, ref does not get to see the incident again here... if you have 3 on a panel viewing it and it unanimous, then why the hell does the ref need to see it..

Current setup just slows the game right down...

Just to add, the assistant referee aussie accent voice over the mic is somewhat irritating..

I was expecting to here as Pftzzzz sound of can of XXXX being opened in the background..

Speaking of Mike Dean, what was it he was supposed to have said to get Pochettino wound up?

It’s excellent in Rugby.
Yes please.

It does work well in rugby, but the whole ethos there is so different - far more respectful and, well, grown up. In football the refs get a much harder time and (IMO partly, tho' not only, as a result of that) perform far worse at the job. I'm not sure how far the comparison really takes us.

It does work well in rugby, but the whole ethos there is so different - far more respectful and, well, grown up. In football the refs get a much harder time and (IMO partly, tho' not only, as a result of that) perform far worse at the job. I'm not sure how far the comparison really takes us.
The mic might make the players behaviour a bit better.

The mic might make the players behaviour a bit better.
I'm sure it will. The players make too much out of sponsorship & all have morale & professionalism clauses in contracts.

This would mean their behaviour was magnified & would inevitably hit them in the pocket. For most that would curb their behaviour.

I'm sure it will. The players make too much out of sponsorship & all have morale & professionalism clauses in contracts.

This would mean their behaviour was magnified & would inevitably hit them in the pocket. For most that would curb their behaviour.
John Terry's career might have ended sooner...

It's possible the players' behaviour might improve but IMO it's highly unlikely. In fact I suspect it would make them worse rather than better. Too many of them are too stupid and immature to remember things like sponsors' interests in the heat of the moment and I reckon they'd actually play up more.

What's all this brouhaha about ref mics "improving player behaviour"?

So they don't call the ref a cunt every once in a blue moon? Apart from that what improvements are required?

They're already neutered and media-trained to the point of inanity.

It would be the first step in more accountability of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom