• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Maxi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansern

Thinks he owns the place
Reports in Spain today claim that Maxi Rodriguez could leave Liverpool for Espanyol.

It is claimed that new Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson has told the player he can leave if he can find a new club.

Today's report by Mundo Deportivo reads (translated): 'Espanyol is negotiating with the agent (he belongs to the Enterprise IMG) who could make it official in the coming hours.

'All parties seem to agree to close the transaction but there is only one obstacle: the high cost of Maxi Rodriguez. Espanyol are not willing to make a huge financial outlay.'

The Liverpool midfielder played for Espanyol between 2002 and 2005 before joining Atletico Madrid.

Former Reds boss Rafa Benitez brought him in on a free transfer and he has 3.5 years remaining on his contract.

Seems odd if we're selling him aswell...

That would be ridiculous.

There's only so many players we can replace this summer, and Maxi shouldn't be anywhere near the departing list.

Gutted if we lose him, he's a quality player.

I don't see how were going to replace him with anyone comparable, where's the money coming from?

Maybe the imminent departure of Masher has made him review his position. I like Maxi. I think he's one of the few intelligent footballers we have. Unless we get a very good fee for him (which I doubt), I'd rather hang on to him.

Roy was clearly deeply effected by the Falklands war, and still bears a grudge - no Argies to be allowed anywhere near the squad, let alone the starting XI.

Terrible decision. Maxi is a fine player and compliment's others around him.

He came on a free and can play on either flank. Will be pissed off if he is sold for peanuts.

I suppose Javier and Insua might be his best mates, and they're both off to Italy.

He might have been a Rafa loyalist, too.

Hopefully it's BS, as most stories from the Spanish press. He really found his place in the starting eleven, and his link up with Torres was very good. Johnson and Maxi seemed like a good combo aswell.

Gutted if we lose him.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=41155.msg1143112#msg1143112 date=1280231322]
I suppose Javier and Insua might be his best mates, and they're both off to Italy.

[/quote]

He did walk into the first team without really earning it. He played well when called upon so no complaints there.

I like his intelligent link up play with Gerrard, our other attacking players will benefit from his technical ability. Hope this isn't true.

Don't see that happening! Maxi will stay. We can't replace almost the entire squad in one transfer window.

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=41155.msg1143118#msg1143118 date=1280231834]
We don't even have a first XI for fuck's sake
[/quote]

So selling maxi will make it a <<1st XI.

Reina
Johnson Carra Agger/Skrtel LB
Gerrard Masch' replacement
Kuyt Cole Jova
Torres' replacement

first 8 then, yikes

[quote author=ILD link=topic=41155.msg1143115#msg1143115 date=1280231547]
[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=41155.msg1143112#msg1143112 date=1280231322]

[/quote]

He did walk into the first team without really earning it. He played well when called upon so no complaints there.

I like his intelligent link up play with Gerrard, our other attacking players will benefit from his technical ability. Hope this isn't true.
[/quote]

Without earning it? He didn't exactly have heavy competition.

Anyone know what he got in wages when he signed, I've heard 80-90k...

If he goes, I for the love of God hope it's to make space in the squad for someone of equal or higher quality.

Well we're under no obligation to sell unless there is something we seriously want in return.

Didn't we have a sniff at Javi Marquez in the past? A reprise perhaps.

If Roy has chosen Babel over Maxi then his grace period from criticism has officially expired.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??

i guess if someone was willing to pay 5 million for him we would make a hell of a profit - However - i dont see how we can bring someone better in for that value..

:(

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=41155.msg1143127#msg1143127 date=1280232920]
Anyone know what he got in wages when he signed, I've heard 80-90k...

If he goes, I for the love of God hope it's to make space in the squad for someone of equal or higher quality.
[/quote]

We'd be talking about an outlay of circa £10m, I can't see it happening.

An optimist might say that Old Uncle Roy has decided he can do better, given that Maxi, for all his talent, is yet another snail-paced attacking talent that Benitez loved to sign

The pessimist might say that we want to get some cash for an asset that cost us very little

A realist might say he is a bit upset at the departure of Benitez, and all his Argie mates

Overall, I don't care that much, but it leaves our paltry squad even more threadbare

What a great summer!

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=41155.msg1143133#msg1143133 date=1280233466]
An optimist might say that Old Uncle Roy has decided he can do better, given that Maxi, for all his talent, is yet another snail-paced attacking talent that Benitez loved to sign

The pessimist might say that we want to get some cash for an asset that cost us very little

A realist might say he is a bit upset at the departure of Benitez, and all his Argie mates

Overall, I don't care that much, but it leaves our paltry squad even more threadbare

What a great summer!
[/quote]

Bordering on self-flagellation Brendan.

I'm also in the 'I don't really care that much' camp.

He was more of a "He can do a job" type of player in any midfield position. He has good touch and an eye for a pass.

If he stayed i would like to see him tried him in the Lucas role, than playing him out wide on the wing.

As has been said, we are depleting an already thin Squad further down though. We need to get a couple of signings coming in.

Too much wheeling and dealing can actually affect the squad adversely. Roy should be mindful of that.

I'd like to know what Roy has told Gerrard and Cole regarding "selling" his and the clubs plans.

Selling so many of our squad players should get you worried, but both of them seemed impressed by his plans and who he wanted to bring in.

Have to be something going on behind the scenes that we haven't gotten told yet, and it has to involve new owners.

I remember one rumour about 10 players from the first team being placed on the transfer list, so that there would be room for new quality players that would demand a high weekly wage. That almost looks like it's true when you see whats going on..

maybe he feels kuyt is going to be first choice at right midfield so wants to cash in on maxi for a proper left midfielder?

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=41155.msg1143153#msg1143153 date=1280234604]
I'd like to know what Roy has told Gerrard and Cole regarding "selling" his and the clubs plans.

Selling so many of our squad players should get you worried, but both of them seemed impressed by his plans and who he wanted to bring in.

Have to be something going on behind the scenes that we haven't gotten told yet, and it has to involve new owners.

I remember one rumour about 10 players from the first team being placed on the transfer list, so that there would be room for new quality players that would demand a high weekly wage. That almost looks like it's true when you see whats going on..
[/quote]

Ha ha ha! Hansern, you're so optimistic it's just ridiculous! You make khl look like Brendan.

Liverpool look to offload midfield misfit Maxi Rodriguez to Espanyol but Spanish side's loan demands could prove hitch

Maxi Rodriguez has been told he can leave Liverpool and is expected to complete a move to Spanish side Espanyol, according to reports in the Catalan press.
New boss Roy Hodgson has deemed the Argentina midfielder surplus to requirements as he rebuilds the Reds' squad but a transfer fee could yet prove a stumbling block in any switch back to his former club, reports El Mundo Deportivo.
Espanyol are seeking a loan deal for Maxi with a view to a permanent move at the end of the season, should the player impress. Liverpool are thought to want a permanent transfer.

However, a deal could go through within a matter of days with the two clubs said to be in advanced talks.
Maxi has made just 17 appearances for Liverpool after signing a three-and-a-half-year deal in last season's January transfer window.

He spent three years playing for Espanyol between 2002-2005 before a move to the Vicente Calderon, where he fell out of favour last term before the £1.5million move to Anfield.

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=41155.msg1143164#msg1143164 date=1280235396]
[quote author=Hansern link=topic=41155.msg1143153#msg1143153 date=1280234604]

[/quote]

Ha ha ha! Hansern, you're so optimistic it's just ridiculous! You make khl look like Brendan.

[/quote]

It is obvious we're selling Maxi to make room for Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom