• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Masher

Status
Not open for further replies.

refugee

4 * Xpert 11 Champ + only Veisercount Cup winner
[article]
Mascherano reveals bitter Liverpool exit

Javier Mascherano says he left Liverpool "with a bad feeling" and has denied refusing to play for the club against Manchester City before moving to Barcelona three-and-a-half years ago.
The Argentina international was left out of then Anfield manager Roy Hodgson's plans for the 3-0 defeat to City in August 2010, with Hodgson suggesting that the defensive midfielder's "mind was not right" after interest from the Catalan giants.

However, Mascherano insists he refused to line up for Liverpool, and states he kept his silence at the time due to his admiration for the Premier League side, while suggesting that the club's hierarchy failed to keep their word leading to a relationship breakdown.
"I didn't want to say anything at the time because of my respect for Liverpool," Mascherano told The Times. "I did not want to say anything about a club that had been so good for me, so I kept my mouth shut.

"Maybe that was a mistake, because it allowed other people to say bad things about me. But I do not regret it. Liverpool is a special club and it does not deserve to be treated badly.
"The people who were there at the time - the manager [Hodgson] and Christian Purslow [the former managing director] - have gone now but they know the truth. When I went back to Liverpool for pre-season I had a lot of meetings with them and they were promising a lot of things to me but never kept their word.

"I did not wake up one day and refuse to play. In the game before City we played against Arsenal and I gave everything because I was wearing the Liverpool shirt. Why would I do that and risk getting injured when I knew that Barcelona were close to signing me and then refuse to play in another game? That doesn't make any sense."

Mascherano explained that the Anfield side began to make a potential move to Barcelona more difficult, which led to him leaving the club under a cloud - an outcome he is still disappointed about.
"We had been talking about completing the transfer for 20 days because the club also wanted to make it happen, but then they started to make things difficult for me. It was very sad for me to leave Liverpool in the way that I did because being with them was one of the best moments in my life.
"The people treated me really well and I would never want to let them down. I wanted to leave in another way, but they didn't give me the chance to. That is the truth. It left me with a bad feeling. My time at the club was over and I needed to move on, but I also needed to leave the club in a good way and that wasn't allowed to happen."

The 29-year-old has gone on to play 98 times with Barcelona, winning two La Liga titles and the Champions league in 2011.

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/284045.html#Sx0y22Q0LHMV6zg7.99[/article]

Man of the match in that game....I think

So translated then, he's saying the club told him he could go to Barca, and when they didn't bend over and get bummed at the speed he wanted, he had a little strop? Broken fucking promises. Macherano can get to fuck.

Reactions: HC
I think Torres's gripe was very similar, and his 'the truth will come out' routine was just that we'd been negotiating for about a month and the deal wasn't just done on deadline day. He was a moaney stroppy cunt, and when he got a sniff that he could go to chelski on more money, he wanted us to get bummed asap. No doubt he'll add in that part of the secrets were that we told him he could, which isn't any surprise.

I wonder if there's ever been another transfer where a player has been sold at his absolute peak and straight into a decline as we did with Torres for so much money? It was a beautiful deal. He wasn't even a 10th of player was for us from day 1 for them. Magnificent.

I reckon the transfer itself kickstarted his decline. Money (and his agents) persuaded him to make a choice he should never, ever have made, and he knew it pretty much as soon as he'd put pen to paper. We played them just a few days later at their place and beat them, and the look on Torres' face spoke volumes, along the lines of "What the F'CK have I done?". I remember hearing that after the game he spent far more time with our players than with his new teammates. I know this won't be popular, but I do actually feel sorry for him.

I reckon the transfer itself kickstarted his decline. Money (and his agents) persuaded him to make a choice he should never, ever have made, and he knew it pretty much as soon as he'd put pen to paper. We played them just a few days later at their place and beat them, and the look on Torres' face spoke volumes, along the lines of "What the F'CK have I done?". I remember hearing that after the game he spent far more time with our players than with his new teammates. I know this won't be popular, but I do actually feel sorry for him.

Uh-oh, we've got another Gary25 here lads...;)

[article]
Mascherano reveals bitter Liverpool exit

Javier Mascherano says he left Liverpool "with a bad feeling" and has denied refusing to play for the club against Manchester City before moving to Barcelona three-and-a-half years ago.
The Argentina international was left out of then Anfield manager Roy Hodgson's plans for the 3-0 defeat to City in August 2010, with Hodgson suggesting that the defensive midfielder's "mind was not right" after interest from the Catalan giants.

However, Mascherano insists he refused to line up for Liverpool, and states he kept his silence at the time due to his admiration for the Premier League side, while suggesting that the club's hierarchy failed to keep their word leading to a relationship breakdown.
"I didn't want to say anything at the time because of my respect for Liverpool," Mascherano told The Times. "I did not want to say anything about a club that had been so good for me, so I kept my mouth shut.

"Maybe that was a mistake, because it allowed other people to say bad things about me. But I do not regret it. Liverpool is a special club and it does not deserve to be treated badly.
"The people who were there at the time - the manager [Hodgson] and Christian Purslow [the former managing director] - have gone now but they know the truth. When I went back to Liverpool for pre-season I had a lot of meetings with them and they were promising a lot of things to me but never kept their word.

"I did not wake up one day and refuse to play. In the game before City we played against Arsenal and I gave everything because I was wearing the Liverpool shirt. Why would I do that and risk getting injured when I knew that Barcelona were close to signing me and then refuse to play in another game? That doesn't make any sense."

Mascherano explained that the Anfield side began to make a potential move to Barcelona more difficult, which led to him leaving the club under a cloud - an outcome he is still disappointed about.
"We had been talking about completing the transfer for 20 days because the club also wanted to make it happen, but then they started to make things difficult for me. It was very sad for me to leave Liverpool in the way that I did because being with them was one of the best moments in my life.
"The people treated me really well and I would never want to let them down. I wanted to leave in another way, but they didn't give me the chance to. That is the truth. It left me with a bad feeling. My time at the club was over and I needed to move on, but I also needed to leave the club in a good way and that wasn't allowed to happen."

The 29-year-old has gone on to play 98 times with Barcelona, winning two La Liga titles and the Champions league in 2011.

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/284045.html#Sx0y22Q0LHMV6zg7.99[/article]

Man of the match in that game....I think

Yes, he was, and too many forget that. Mascher may be many things but I don't think he's either clever enough or sneaky enough to be a liar. Other clubs have tried to lowball us in the way he says we were trying to lowball his sale to Barca, and Hodgson was capable of saying absolutely anything to cover his oversized @rse, so I don't find Mascher's version of events hard to believe at all.

I tend towards believing Masch and Torres.

I wouldn't be surprised if we were as incompetent selling players as we are buying them. Negotiate for months then can't bring ourselves to seal the deal. Same old shit just the other way around.

I think Torres's gripe was very similar, and his 'the truth will come out' routine was just that we'd been negotiating for about a month and the deal wasn't just done on deadline day. He was a moaney stroppy cunt, and when he got a sniff that he could go to chelski on more money, he wanted us to get bummed asap. No doubt he'll add in that part of the secrets were that we told him he could, which isn't any surprise.

I wonder if there's ever been another transfer where a player has been sold at his absolute peak and straight into a decline as we did with Torres for so much money? It was a beautiful deal. He wasn't even a 10th of player was for us from day 1 for them. Magnificent.

Well Comolli recently said that Suarez was signed to partner Torres but with about 8 days of the window left Torres and his agent swanned into his office without an appointment and told him that the following day there would be a bid in from Chelski and he was going to be offski. Don't know how true this is but if this is the "truth that will come out " he can fuck right off

Not interested. We loved and supported them when they had the Liverbird on their chests. Once out the door it made no difference how good they were.

To be fair to Masher is you saw konchesky and poulsen coming in and Barca were knocking down your door... we were in a fucking mess that only now we are beginning to extricate ourselves from.

He also took the time to gloat on our behalf and acknowledge us when preventing the Mancs from picking up another big ears...

He was a cracking player, we didn't have the power financially to keep him so we sold him, I will always like the lad.

I'd have Mascherano over Lucas every day of the week.

That's a no brainer. But with how we play these days neither one would get in the team on a regular basis with gerrard now playing the holding role and our style of play.

That's a no brainer. But with how we play these days neither one would get in the team on a regular basis with gerrard now playing the holding role and our style of play.

I'm not sure that's true. Lucas was getting in the side when he was fit. Gerrard might well not be playing the same role he's currently playing if Mascher were still covering the hard yards in midfield.

I'd have Mascherano over Lucas every day of the week.

You want to have someone average with someone who has no heart whatsoever to play for the club?

Fucking hell! I thought you guys has improved and gain some sort of football knowledge over the years but hey how wrong was i...

Neither player is good enough.

You want to have someone average with someone who has no heart whatsoever to play for the club?

Fucking hell! I thought you guys has improved and gain some sort of football knowledge over the years but hey how wrong was i...

Neither player is good enough.

Coming from the know nothing nobhead who is a farcical parody of himself. Pollute another site with your shite.

Really? I'd have Mascherano doing the hard work and let Stevie pull the strings. Mascherano could still do the grunt work in front of Gerrard just like Henderson does.

Really? I'd have Mascherano doing the hard work and let Stevie pull the strings. Mascherano could still do the grunt work in front of Gerrard just like Henderson does.

Mascherano isn't technically good enough to play the role in the way Rodgers wants it. There's a reason mascherano is shafted in defence at barca, yeah he's a monster tackler but on the ball he isn't very good. I'm not saying that hendo is a better player overall, just saying that for the role required hendo fits better than mascherano would.

To be fair to Masher is you saw konchesky and poulsen coming in and Barca were knocking down your door... we were in a fucking mess that only now we are beginning to extricate ourselves from.

He also took the time to gloat on our behalf and acknowledge us when preventing the Mancs from picking up another big ears...

He was a cracking player, we didn't have the power financially to keep him so we sold him, I will always like the lad.
Well said and I quite agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom