• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mane's Form..

Status
Not open for further replies.

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
He needs dropping..

Every time he get the balls continually gives it away..

He has lost something in his game . can't quite put my finger on it .

Chelsea defenders read him like a book - none of the feints worked, they knew exactly which way he was going and just took the ball off him. I feel like this was a big factor in the game - having so many chances to run at the defense and not really creating anything is bound to have a negative effect. Worrying.

Tbf to Mane our equaliser and Chelsea going down to 10 all came from his endevour watching it back.

But he doesn't seem to run at defenders anymore, I don't know if he has disbelief about his pace or what.

Was hoping the summer rest would do him good but has carried his form from last season over unfortunately.
I would rather Jota,Bobby and Salah started, things are bad when Ox seems a better option

Chelsea defenders read him like a book - none of the feints worked, they knew exactly which way he was going and just took the ball off him. I feel like this was a big factor in the game - having so many chances to run at the defense and not really creating anything is bound to have a negative effect. Worrying.

Yeah I am seeing this too. He used to be able to shift the ball, drop the shoulder, feint his way into space or goalscoring positions. He had an explosive first 2-3m.

But that seems lost. He seems to always be fighting opponents now, instead of getting away from them.

That occasion when he tried to cut inside on Jorginho and was dispossessed easily, and ended up committing the foul. That was a microcosm of his game.

Yeah I am seeing this too. He used to be able to shift the ball, drop the shoulder, feint his way into space or goalscoring positions. He had an explosive first 2-3m.

But that seems lost. He seems to always be fighting opponents now, instead of getting away from them.

That occasion when he tried to cut inside on Jorginho and was dispossessed easily, and ended up committing the foul. That was a microcosm of his game.

Yeah, that Jorginho episode was memorable (because they showed a slo-mo replay where you could see exactly how Jorginho completely ignored Mane’s feint) - Mane of old would just routinely blow by someone like Jorginho or Azpilicueta on sheer pace and power alone.

I hope seeing this will give Edwards and Klopp a good argument for why we need to buy someone like Doku or Sarr now, not wait till next season.

Last edited:
The weird thing is that at times you do see him show that burst of pace but yeah whatever it is, he's not offering anywhere near enough at the moment.

The last 3-4 months of last season should been enough to worry Klopp / Edwards into action but looks like yet again we're crossing our fingers and hoping for the best.

Mane has lost some of his spark unfortunately. Every opposition knows how to nullify him. We desperately needed someone for the front three.

Possible he's suffering some lingering effects from COVID. He hasn't been the same since.

Lots of other alternatives possible, like sheer overexertion and underrecovery but I think COVID effects are definitely plausible.

I don't subscribe to the notion that Mane is as bad as people are making him out to be. Maybe he's doing through a bad bit of form but he's still a class player.

I watched the first half and Mane was ok. But how come we've gone from Mane is awesome last two games to Mane is an old man?

I agree he's getting older but Mane is still very good player I just think it was a difficult game more than a reason to say he's old and past it.

I don't subscribe to the notion that Mane is as bad as people are making him out to be. Maybe he's doing through a bad bit of form but he's still a class player.

I watched the first half and Mane was ok. But how come we've gone from Mane is awesome last two games to Mane is an old man?

I agree he's getting older but Mane is still very good player I just think it was a difficult game more than a reason to say he's old and past it.
It’s from watching him. He’s not been explosive or beating people for fun anymore. This is entering his second season of this “form”. He needs replacing with Firmino and Origi for 2 other forwards.

Do we need to do it now? Possibly not but next summer is the latest.

It’s from watching him. He’s not been explosive or beating people for fun anymore. This is entering his second season of this “form”. He needs replacing with Firmino and Origi for 2 other forwards.

Do we need to do it now? Possibly not but next summer is the latest.
I’ve been worried about Bobby for some time. My concern over Mane has possibly caught and overtaken that. I would say that both he and Salah look far more dangerous against defences that aren’t always “set” and with Bobby dropping deeper and deeper and deeper I don’t see us dragging defences in different directions and getting them out of shape as much as we did. I also think they would all benefit from us having a midfield prepared to carry the ball forward a bit more.

^^^
Vaccine / Snake oil salesman

Not sure why though since it's just extra work and I don't get paid more.

In fact, I started offering free vaccine consultations this week and we don't even offer vaccination at my personal practice.

Maybe it's because the science and real world evidence is overwhelmingly in favour.

Anyways, let's save this crap for the General Forum which is more or less like the Mos Eisley cantina these days. Armpit of the galaxy and all that.

Not sure why though since it's just extra work and I don't get paid more.

In fact, I started offering free vaccine consultations this week and we don't even offer vaccination at my personal practice.

Maybe it's because the science and real world evidence is overwhelmingly in favour.

Anyways, let's save this crap for the General Forum which is more or less like the Mos Eisley cantina these days. Armpit of the galaxy and all that.

You introduced the Covid nonsense here.

He had a mild case nesrly a year ago.

We're just seeing a natural decline here, the injections he needs aren't vaccines , its PEDs

He played well against both Norwich and Burnley, even though he was disapointing today.
A poor game against Chelsea wont define his season. Lets see how he gets on.

Just said on the other thread, don't really see why he was poor, at least when he got the ball he was trying to take them on. Nobody else scored, if anything Jota looked shit and useless today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom