• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man of the match - Game 5 - Arsenal - Home - PL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salah
Matip
Fabinho

The first two were easy however 3rd was more difficult as I considered Firmino, Hendo, VvD, Mane, TAA and others, in the end I went with Fabs even though Mane made the most tackles in the team, with 6, defending from the front !

TAA had an assist, and in effect two with his pass to Salah for the penalty. Firmino a quiet first half, Hendo almost gave away a goal and misplaced a few passes but was otherwise excellent, VvD solid but didn't make a single tackle (Matip & Robbo both 3 apiece).

NB. Edited after noticing I'd credited the wrong player with 6 tackles.

Last edited:
TAA is still some way from his sparking best. He did come up with the cross that led to the penalty, but most of his crosses were substandard

TAA is still some way from his sparking best. He did come up with the cross that led to the penalty, but most of his crosses were substandard
I agree. And also fed the ball through to Salah to win the penalty (so in my book two assists). I was also surprised by the 6 tackles stat .. with good reason, it was Mane making all the tackles, in comparison VvD didn't make even one ! I wonder what they consider a tackle though because I'm sure he slid Pepe and ball out of touch once or twice.

Salah- that's the kind of performance that makes me very excited. He was trickier than a Rubiks cube after a bottle of vodka and scored the absolutely classic Salah goal. He was also unselfish and tried to slide other players in.

Matip- scored the goal and was just boss

Bobby- he's the lynchpin that just connects everything up. Yes, not everything came off, but he took the breath away at times.

Last edited:

I don't agree, just because a Liverpool player isn't on the end of it doesn't make it a poor or substandard cross.....some were on the money but the players were 5-10 yards behind play or caught them off guard.

Van Dijk
Firmino
Salah
Honestly that's a bit weird mate. No tackles, no interceptions, only 34 touches (almost 20 less than any other player on our team, compare to TAA at 108 and Robbo 98) and lost his not being dribbled past record to Pepe.

Honestly that's a bit weird mate. No tackles, no interceptions, only 34 touches (almost 20 less than any other player on our team, compare to TAA at 108 and Robbo 98) and lost his not being dribbled past record to Pepe.

ef895a178456fb8a650c95d1690a331f.jpg

You're going on the naughty list, Froggy!

I thought he and Matip were instrumental to how we set up and won that game.
They were defending one on one for for most of the game, and he was excellent.
It gave the rest of the team the chance to attack and stay on the front foot..

These ratings are subjective arent they? ;)

I don't agree, just because a Liverpool player isn't on the end of it doesn't make it a poor or substandard cross.....some were on the money but the players were 5-10 yards behind play or caught them off guard.

I'm with Portly on this. For me neither fullback was at his best. Funnily enough one of the things that encourages me about us these days is that we're now able to win games even when we're not on top form.

Salah- that's the kind of performance that makes me very excited. He was trickier than a Rubiks cube after a bottle of vodka and scored the absolutely classic Salah goal. He was also unselfish and tried to slide other players in.

Matip- scored the goal and was just boss

Bobby- he's the lynchpin that just connects everything up. Yes, not everything came off, but he took the breath away at times.

Agree 100%. Would add only that another thing about Mo is his nuggety strength in possession. Even if you catch up with him you've got a battle on your hands.

I thought he and Matip were instrumental to how we set up and won that game.
They were defending one on one for for most of the game, and he was excellent.
It gave the rest of the team the chance to attack and stay on the front foot..

These ratings are subjective arent they? ;)
Haha sure :D Though I also believe there should be at least a strong basis for selection. TBH I didn't think VvDs were strong enough (IMHO only :D) to be given MotM ahead of Salah or even Matip who had a great game. But hey I respect your freedom to choose whoever you like, I just wondered why you'd chosen him when others possibly had stronger claims :)

Well exactly. I don't think we should argue about each other's selections. Everybody sees a match differently.
There was no 'argument' mate. It was just a little mystifying was all. Hansern believes VvD's calmness and positioning had a major influence on permitting other players to perform. So all good here !

Haha sure :D Though I also believe there should be at least a strong basis for selection. TBH I didn't think VvDs were strong enough (IMHO only :D) to be given MotM ahead of Salah or even Matip who had a great game. But hey I respect your freedom to choose whoever you like, I just wondered why you'd chosen him when others possibly had stronger claims :)

In hindsight, Matip would probably edge it in regarding the MOTM.
Virgil's bossness just keeps oozing from game to game though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom