• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man City Vs Liverpool post match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mors

Well-Known
Wtf happened there. Couldn't believe my eyes.
Credit to city for smashing us, they deserved the win.
We were diabolical upfront, defence all over the show and Alisson letting any old shit in.
If this game was on new years day, I'd have automatically have assumed they were all hungover and behaving like amateurs, but this was a midweek game and they were playing like non of them gave a fuck.

Klopp was obviously raging in his interview, but he didn't exactly correct anything at half time when he got hold of them.

Klopp needs to bite the bullet, call Henry and tell him he needs players and to fuck off with the Corona nonsense. Yes, our profits will be down a little this year from the matchday revenue, but Henry doesn't make all his money from match day revenue.
We need 2 players on the bench that actually turn a game, proven to turn a game on a regular basis. One forward, 1 midfielder. Bringing on the likes of Origi, the Ox, Minafuckingmino isn't what we need.
He also needs cover at LB/RB really too, Milner and Gomez aren't viable cover to the level of on-form Trent and Robbo.

Saw that peno coming in slow motion all day long on Gomez the warewolf too, blatantly obvious he was going to maul him to the ground the idiot, fell right for it, someone should have gone and helped bail him out of the shit.

Theres no point sugar coating it, they battered us. We were 2nd best all over the park. Our attitude was wrong, we looked lethargic despite having 3 days more rest and a full strength team. We started well and had a good 15 mins, then it was as if the adrenaline dump wore off and we just looked totally off colour.

This sort of result can be productive. People talking about how fmfar ahead of the competition we are need to take note, we start at zero next season. I expect Klopp will make changes, that was a ragged shambles from front to back. A much much better performance is needed against Villa. Its understandable that our focus was off, even if it was just 10% and thats the reality. We wont be as hungry next season, weve climbed the mountain. Defending a title is hard for that reason

We clearly turned up expecting to be able to celebrate being champions, we didn't fight battles like we usually do. Let's be real here, our defenders usually bully little shites like Sterling and Foden, but today they were allowed to play football because our players were only at 80%, and weren't there to fight, it's no coincidence that that's the first time we've ever seen Sterling do anything at all against us, we allowed him because we didn't work as hard as we always do.

Anyway, it was disappointing, but thankfully I think the situation saves it from being embarrassing, and frankly, like Sean says, in the grand scheme of things, who honestly gives a fuck?

As if people didn’t back City to win by 3/4.

Was always likely. We are champions and while the players tried somewhat the 100% commitment and concentration wasn’t there.

Bothered.

Some here believe this is down to players celebrating and drinking this week.. Regardless whether you believe this to be true I would blame players and manager in equal measure, not for the loss but for the manner of the loss....

I could except a 1-0,2-0 even 2-1, and Yes, at time the City goal lived a charmed life, but in fairness the front three especially Mane underperformed, and it seemed as if those supporters who turned up in Manchester to let off fires in an attempt to rub it in to City that we had won the title just served to motivate City instead...

For me this was a match that we needed to win and send the message that We won the title, we done this because we were the best. Not that we won the title because the “real” Man City did not turn up for most of the season... This was hurtful for so many reasons. It gives City the lift in confidence that they needed to go on and win the CL, and trust me when I say that unlike us,if Pep, and City win the CL they will use that to strengthen come the next window

Just want to address two points you made Mors,

Klopp needs to bite the bullet, call Henry and tell him he needs players and to fuck off with the Corona nonsense. Yes, our profits will be down a little this year from the matchday revenue, but Henry doesn't make all his money from match day revenue.
We need 2 players on the bench that actually turn a game, proven to turn a game on a regular basis. One forward, 1 midfielder. Bringing on the likes of Origi, the Ox, Minafuckingmino isn't what we need.

Klopp needed to bring in players from last season in the summer window. Both he, and Liverpool move too slow in the transfer windows both buying players, (Werner) and selling them (Sturridge, Lallana, Clyne) ...
Yes, we may have lost gate revenue this season, but with the extras we made from the CL, Super Cup and WCC, with the merchandising and sponsorship we have more than covered this. The start 11 can always be improved, which would in turn improve the bench.... Origi, has failed to improve, the Ox is to inconsistent and is too often only good for (At most) twenty minutes. We lack real game changers coming from the bench... Minamino could be one, but I believe that we should play him behind the front three

Saw that peno coming in slow motion all day long on Gomez the warewolf too, blatantly obvious he was going to maul him to the ground the idiot, fell right for it, someone should have gone and helped bail him out of the shit.

In another tread I warned of just this, I said that Gomez uses his hand to grapple with the opposition way too much which means he is likely to give away freekicks and penalties...It was pointed out that he has never given a penalty away... Just because the Ref does not call it at the time it does not mean that it was not a foul. The ref may not have seen it because he was looking else were, or one ref may deem it not to be a foul while another would. Either way if you put your hands on an opposition player you are asking the Referee to make a call.

In another tread I warned of just this, I said that Gomez uses his hand to grapple with the opposition way too much which means he is likely to give away freekicks and penalties...It was pointed out that he has never given a penalty away... Just because the Ref does not call it at the time it does not mean that it was not a foul. The ref may not have seen it because he was looking else were, or one ref may deem it not to be a foul while another would. Either way if you put your hands on an opposition player you are asking the Referee to make a call.

So the ref should’ve pulled Raheem up for grabbing Gomez shirt first.

So the ref should’ve pulled Raheem up for grabbing Gomez shirt first.
Yes maybe he should have if he had seen it, but two wrongs don't make a right, and the more that you do something, it is the more likey that you get penalised for it, and Gomez does it way too much for my liking

Yes maybe he should have if he had seen it, but two wrongs don't make a right, and the more that you do something, it is the more likey that you get penalised for it, and Gomez does it way too much for my liking

No one said two wrongs making a right. Raheem should’ve been pulled up for initially grabbing Gomez shirt. End.

No one said two wrongs making a right. Raheem should’ve been pulled up for initially grabbing Gomez shirt. End.
I agree, but maybe the ref did not see it, so he can't call what he does not see. IF anything It should have been called by VAR...
But as I said; some refs will call it some won't, and what I meant by two wrongs was just because Sterling did it; It does not mean Gomez should do it. He should have known that (a) he, as the defender would be scrutinised more by the match officials than the attacking player would. (b) Being in the box he would be giving away a penlaty if deemed to be holding Sterling...

That is the main difference in the way Gomez defends and the way VVD goes about it ... VVD rarely uses his hand to grapple with and attacker

I thought the other ratings were a tad too low overall. We were shite but not totally shite, we could and should have scored. Mane could have had a hattrick if he wasn't shinning it all over the place and didn't seemingly try to bounce a header over Ederson. Mo just unlucky.

Alisson - 4
Trent - 3
Gomez - 3
Van Dijk - 6
Robertson - 2
Henderson - 6
Fabinho - 7
Gini - 5
Salah - 6
Firmino - 4
Mane - 3

Subs
Ox - 4
Keita - 6
Origi - 4
Neco - 7
Minamino - N/A

I thought the other ratings were a tad too low overall. We were shite but not totally shite, we could and should have scored. Mane could have had a hattrick if he wasn't shinning it all over the place and didn't seemingly try to bounce a header over Ederson. Mo just unlucky.

Alisson - 4
Trent - 3
Gomez - 3
Van Dijk - 6
Robertson - 2
Henderson - 6
Fabinho - 7
Gini - 5
Salah - 6
Firmino - 4
Mane - 3

Subs
Ox - 4
Keita - 6
Origi - 4
Neco - 7
Minamino - N/A
Are they all negative numbers? How was Alisson (-4) worse than Gomez (-3)?

;)

I thought the only 2 that had a decent game and I'd be happy to see a similar performance again was Virgil and Keita, everyone else can fuck off repeating their performance. Who wants to see Salah, Mane and Bobby repeat that for 90mins.
Trent was putting balls into the box that took about 12mins to come out of the sky, that their defence could have gone for a cuppa before clearing.

I know it's all negative, but it just wasn't up to the level we've had all season, we're better than that, and after the game Klopp knew that. It's alright Bobby being bollocks, or the midfield creating fuck all, we're used to that, but virtually everyone having an off day isn't good enough. And the superhero captain that everyone thinks is the daddy, these are the days when he's meant to earn his crust. It's all very good and well him looking good when we're playing Norwich, but he's meant to be digging us out of the shit when we're getting smashed by city.

Klopp needs to get them playing against the Villa like we're 1-0 down in the last 10mins of a cup final, from the off on Sunday.

As a matter of interest why was the penalty incident not referred to VAR. I believe Gomez was fouled before he fouled the rat. When you see some of the VAR decisions this week it makes you wonder.

As a matter of interest why was the penalty incident not referred to VAR. I believe Gomez was fouled before he fouled the rat. When you see some of the VAR decisions this week it makes you wonder.

Sterling was conducting a kind of pick and mix session as far as his range of dives and tricks were concerned. I actually wondered if VAR wasn't being used at all - since we started playing again they just seem to use it randomly, instead of the obsessive use previously. Both approaches contradict their own guidelines.

Alisson - 4
Trent - 3
Gomez - 3
Van Dijk - 6
Robertson - 2
Henderson - 6
Fabinho - 7
Gini - 5
Salah - 6
Firmino - 4
Mane - 3

Subs
Ox - 4
Keita - 6
Origi - 4
Neco - 7
Minamino - N/A
Tad low.. then gives players lower than I did.

#logic

Teeheehee.

Keane and Carragher talking sense here amid the hysteria.

Do they wheel that mong richards out to try and show their neutrality or something, having an ex city out there? He's a massive spaz. Can hardly class him as an ex footballer either.
Carragher and Keane talking from experience I guess, Keane know what it's like to win everything and saying the drop off was expected, and Carra saying it just wasn't their day and he thinks everything else was decent. I'm not so sure on that, I thought the effort around the box was half arsed, trying to poke things in, be clever, try and get a back heel or a slow speed curler. Just put your laces through some of them low and hard.

Will see if Klopp can manage to beast them into shape, he couldn't at half time obviously. Got to be a lot more focused against the villa, they don't want to go down so they'll put a shift in.

Keane was saying Klopp was right to be angry. I guess the odd retard missed that element.

Keane was saying Klopp was right to be angry. I guess the odd retard missed that element.

Nobody he said he wouldn't be angry?

You were the one saying all the players (twats) would saunter off the pitch laughing and smiling. You think Klopp would allow that? You think these players would do that?

Really couldn’t care less about the result or any other result this season.

Champions. End of.

People claim that losing this game does not matter because we are champions...The ones who claim this are trying to fool themselves, You are just as pissed off as I am. No one in their right mind can claim to be happy with a loss like this... 4-0..., to City...? :mad:

People claim that losing this game does not matter because we are champions...The ones who claim this are trying to fool themselves, You are just as pissed off as I am. No one in their right mind can claim to be happy with a loss like this... 4-0..., to City...? :mad:
No one is happy to have lost dude.

Some of us just think that being a pissed off fan of Liverpool FC in this moment is fucking ridiculous.

Yep. 30 yr wait to win the league at an absolute canter. As long as we don’t pick up any nasty injuries in the next few weeks, nothing is bringing me down off of this football high.

Klopp: "How to deal with becoming champions on Thursday night and then playing one of the best teams in the world a week later? I don't think there's a book to read. They had nothing to lose, we had nothing to win."

Klopp: "How to deal with becoming champions on Thursday night and then playing one of the best teams in the world a week later? I don't think there's a book to read. They had nothing to lose, we had nothing to win."

I dont think he believes that for a second. Its good man management from him to publicly laugh it off. But a manager as experienced as Klopp knows that our title defence started away to City. That win will be sitting in the backs of the City players heads for the next couple of months, they will firmly believe they have the beating of us next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom