• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man City issue damning statement on Premier League fixture changes that could also help Liverpool FC

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Binny

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member

[article]Manchester City say the "sporting integrity" of the Premier League must be protected after a Christmas fixture list that has disadvantaged the Blues and potentially handed Liverpool a helping hand.

The two teams are expected to be in the midst of another title slog in late-December, although Jurgen Klopp's side currently hold an eight-point lead over the Premier League champions.

Liverpool's challenge could be hit just before Christmas by their participation in the Club World Cup, with games to play in Qatar on December 18 and 21.

But the Blues reacted furiously to a fixture change that handicaps them and could help out their biggest rivals.

City's game at Wolves has been pushed back from Boxing Day to December 27, kicking off at 7.45pm. That gives them less than 48 hours to prepare for their game at home to Sheffield United, now set for 6pm on December 29.

And to compound matters, not only will they have a tighter turnaround than nearly every other club in the league, the fixture change also leaves Wolves short of time to get ready for a trip to Anfield. Liverpool will have had an extra 24 hours of rest ahead of their home game against Nuno's side, who will have to turn themselves round for a 2pm kick-off on December 29.

Omar Berrada, Chief Operating Officer of City, told MEN Sport exclusively: “We’re disappointed that the schedule is so tight for the players over Christmas. Premier League games are a huge physical demand, and it’s not ideal to be made to play twice in less than 48 hours because it doesn’t give the players time to properly recover.

“We obviously understand that the paying rights-holding broadcasters are an important consideration when it comes to scheduling, but we also need to make sure that we protect the players’ wellbeing, the sporting integrity of the league, and the quality of the product.

“We’ve had an open dialogue with the league to consider other options, but ultimately, we will have to comply with the kick off times and dates as they have been presented to us.”

While Premier League clubs must comply with whatever time they are told to play at, City bosses did explore other options including pushing the Sheffield United game back but have been left frustrated at how the fixtures have turned out.[/article]

EHGBU0KX0AAgAjc

Fuck City, we're playing 6 games between the December 4-21. Less than 3 days rest between games on average.
Hopefully we'll already be CL group winners by the time we play Salzburg.

*Heads Immediately to Blue Fume* This should be fun checking out what all the delusional cunts over there think about it..

Delighted.

The more Huey feel that it’s a conspiracy the more likely they are to give up chasing us.

I really really hope we rest a few players wisely for the world club cup. At least 1 of the front three and maybe 1 or both of the full backs would really benefit from a week or so in Liverpool whilst the squad players compete for that

I really really hope we rest a few players wisely for the world club cup. At least 1 of the front three and maybe 1 or both of the full backs would really benefit from a week or so in Liverpool whilst the squad players compete for that

Zero chance I think. They may get rested in the semi but they will travel.

The clubs PR team will be dying to able to market us as the World champions

It's because most of them on their forum are in their teens.
I used to think that, but I'm hearing these guys on the likes of 606, mature men who have absolutely lost their marbles, and I'm starting to think that they're just fucking thick and slightly deranged. I dunno, maybe going from being perennial losers to lottery winners unhinges you somehow.

Slight tangent - but ...

The matches Amazon have the rights to are all in December. For anyone who hasn't got Amazon Prime the seemingly obvious thing to do is to sign up for a 30 day free trial, get the matches & then cancel - but I'm sure they have considered this and will block that approach somehow (maybe make the free trial not include live sport).

Anyone got any information on this?

It's because most of them on their forum are in their teens.

Nah, it's not... and I'm not just talking about online forums.

A lot of them genuinely think they are being conspired against, see: booing the CL anthem.

Slight tangent - but ...

The matches Amazon have the rights to are all in December. For anyone who hasn't got Amazon Prime the seemingly obvious thing to do is to sign up for a 30 day free trial, get the matches & then cancel - but I'm sure they have considered this and will block that approach somehow (maybe make the free trial not include live sport).

Anyone got any information on this?
No chance they'll block the trial. They'll hammer advertising the fact you can do it instead.

I guaran-fucking-tee that there's a decent proportion of people who sign up to trials & forget to cancel it for ages, & when you sign up to amazon they spam you with emails telling you about everything you get with prime, which I'm sure will sway a few people into keeping it too.

Even if they don't, they've then got that all important data on potential new customers & their emails to offer them shit & try to tempt them in future.

They'll be begging people to take the trial.

I actually only have one mate who doesn't have it, & everyone bar one of Bex nan's (technophobe) have it too, anecdotely, obv, it seems to me that loads of people already have it anyway.

They won't care if you cancel. They'll make all their money on Christmas shopping from people who never used amazon before. They're more interested in shutting John Lewis down than your fifty quid. This is a long game.

I signed up for the trial ages ago never really intending to stick it out... that was like 3 years ago.

And getting people to sign up for a trial at Xmas - THE most useful time of the year to have Prime - is a pretty good idea.

I use prime video and music almost daily. The boss to spend all my money getting shit from amazon. We get good value for the few quid a month it costs.

Having the football on in December showing every game in that game week is going to be boss.

I use prime video and music almost daily. The boss to spend all my money getting shit from amazon. We get good value for the few quid a month it costs.

Having the football on in December showing every game in that game week is going to be boss.

Annoying that they're on at the same time though, really annoying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom