• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Betting Longchamp

Prefix for Betting Threads
It'll win unless it gets boxed in, which is a possibility in a field this big

I haven't had much luck lately so don't go by my choices but so far I'm looking at :

Dundalk 1.55 - Moonreach
Tipperary 3.55- Go Native
Tipperary 4.25 - The Last Derby

JUst checked the prices on those, by and large they're too short so I'll be changing Go Native for Alandi in the 4.45 at Longchamp.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=36260.msg956915#msg956915 date=1254657922]
I haven't had much luck lately so don't go by my choices but so far I'm looking at :

Dundalk 1.55 - Moonreach
Tipperary 3.55- Go Native
Tipperary 4.25 - The Last Derby

[/quote]

Moonreach was second .....

Greatest flat horse of all time.

I was worried he wouldn't get out there and he didn't look settled in the first half of the race. Kinane stayed calm and once the gap appeared Sea the Stars absolutely powered through it.

Incredible again.

I had a tip for it Ross ages at 10's then again at 8's. I really missed the boat on it. What a horse.

[quote author=ILD link=topic=36260.msg957022#msg957022 date=1254666176]
I had a tip for it Ross ages at 10's then again at 8's. I really missed the boat on it. What a horse.
[/quote]

I don't usually follow the flat races so I didn't know much about it earlier in the year, but I went up to Leopardstown just to see it in the Tattersalls a few weeks ago and it was worth every penny. It's a frighteningly good horse.

I should have kept Go Native in my bet, I knew it would win but was put off the price.

Two out of four up, so I get a bit back.

I think that Dancing Brave is the only horse I've seen who could match Sea The Stars but because Dancing Brave failed to win The Derby (due to a terrible ride by Greville Starkey) Sea The Stars will be deemed the better horse.

It is widely accepted that the year Dancing Brave won the The Arc was the best field ever, it was an amazing race with some amazing horses and Dancing Brave's performance still gives me goose bumps.

[flash=400,400]http://www.youtube.com/v/ctctzyl-0d8&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Did Dancing Brave ever have to race against four stablemates conspiring against him and still come out on top ?

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=36260.msg959359#msg959359 date=1254923188]
Did Dancing Brave ever have to race against four stablemates conspiring against him and still come out on top ?

[/quote]

No but IMO (and the opinion of many in the game) Dancing Brave had to beat the highest quality Arc field ever.

Also, the fact that Dancing Brave raced against Sharastani (The Derby Winner) twice after the Derby and destroyed him both times proved what everyone already knew - that DB would have won the Derby easily had Starkey not got over confident and left him too much to do in the last furlong.

Back
Top Bottom