• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

lol Coutinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coutinho's agent was interviewed on English radio this morning by Jim White.

Quote:
[xtable=border:0|cellpadding:6|cellspacing:0|100%x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}“Obviously if he were to move back [to the Premier League], it would have to be Liverpool, but at the moment I think it would be difficult and it would be up to them.”{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Coutinho's agent was interviewed on English radio this morning by Jim White.

Quote:
[xtable=skin1|border:0|cellpadding:6|cellspacing:0|100%x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}“Obviously if he were to move back [to the Premier League], it would have to be Liverpool, but at the moment I think it would be difficult and it would be up to them.”{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Yeah, heard the interview. Made Coutinho sound like a big Liverpool fan, and that any English rival club would be 'very difficult'.

I dont understand these dicking around with Coutinho reports. What the fuck ? 2 year loan deal and option to buy when he is 29 for 80M ? That dont work for us at all, not just because of the buy at 29 clause but also this loan makes it not possible to play him against Barca if we come up against them in the CL again. Its a lose lose situation for us.

I'd take him for 2 years with no intention of ever buying him back.

This story will be utter bilge, by the way.

Firmino, Mane and Salah have only just finished playing - in fact Mane is still with Senegal - so I'm not sure what other options we actually have, assuming at least one or two of those three may not start the first game, Shaqiri is injured and Sturridge has been released.

Still wouldn’t be shock to see Lallana, Ox or Origi start instead of him but he’s putting forward a good case

I dont understand these dicking around with Coutinho reports. What the fuck ? 2 year loan deal and option to buy when he is 29 for 80M ? That dont work for us at all, not just because of the buy at 29 clause but also this loan makes it not possible to play him against Barca if we come up against them in the CL again. Its a lose lose situation for us.

If only option to buy clauses were optional.

I'd take him back on loan immediately. If he performs then great. If not, then Klopp has the chance to break him, there is no downside Either we win, or the traitorous cunt loses.

It will be kinda hard to buy anyone who'll improve us up front, because it's one of the best forward lines ever seen in footy. I mean how do you improve on that without risking it? Go and buy someone for 100 million plus, and that's no guarantee, and the reason is to get us through the first couple of months of the season coz a couple of players are gonna be tired. The negative being that we could stifle the development of someone the football worls is expecting to be dead good, and who has already tried to force a move because he didn't think he'd get a chance here.

Ideally we would buy someone, but this Brewster isn't much less of a risk than just about anyone else in the world, plus we've got the destroyer of Barcelona, and, fingers crossed, Oxlade Chamberlain.

If in the unlikely event Coutinho did come back, he'd be competing with Henderson for a place, not part of a front three.
You the man !!!

If we have our full defence inc. full back and midfield in place the risk on Brewster is much reduced, especially if Origi is there too. I would expect Firmino & Mo to be rested and back for the start of the season but maybe a bit rusty. Mane likely to miss some of the early games. Shame that Shaq is also injured.

Ox to be deployed as a false 9?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom