• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Loan Watch 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
[article]Gerrard praised the 22-year-old, who penned a season-long loan deal with the Scottish side last month, and highlighted his qualities after the match but said that he knows he "needs to make this work".

He told reporters: “Listen, Sheyi has got all the attributes and if this doesn’t work it will be because of Sheyi. He has got everything in the locker - he is quick, he is strong, he is powerful, he takes on information.

“From a manager’s point of view, you know he is going to take on the tactical information, you see him chasing back and making fouls and getting yellow cards.

“He knows that he needs to make this work. He is delighted to be here, he has settled in well and the fans are having him. Now he has got to build on that.

“Towards the end, I could see him coming down slightly. I want him to be ruthless from start to finish and he will get the numbers that he wants and that will satisfy everyone.”

Ojo has spent time with Wigan, Wolverhampton, Fulham and Reims and will be looking to capitalise on his latest spell away from Anfield under Gerrard.[/article]

[article]Gerrard praised the 22-year-old, who penned a season-long loan deal with the Scottish side last month, and highlighted his qualities after the match but said that he knows he "needs to make this work".

He told reporters: “Listen, Sheyi has got all the attributes and if this doesn’t work it will be because of Sheyi. He has got everything in the locker - he is quick, he is strong, he is powerful, he takes on information.

“From a manager’s point of view, you know he is going to take on the tactical information, you see him chasing back and making fouls and getting yellow cards.

“He knows that he needs to make this work. He is delighted to be here, he has settled in well and the fans are having him. Now he has got to build on that.

“Towards the end, I could see him coming down slightly. I want him to be ruthless from start to finish and he will get the numbers that he wants and that will satisfy everyone.”

Ojo has spent time with Wigan, Wolverhampton, Fulham and Reims and will be looking to capitalise on his latest spell away from Anfield under Gerrard.[/article]

I reckon he’ll do well being managed by Gerrard.

He's 22 years old on loan at Rangers. His LFC career is over.
Yes. It is very unlikely he does anything now other than potentially having a great season in Rangers and bringing in a decent fee for LFC.

https://sportbild.bild.de/bundeslig...ic-hertha-klopp-liverpool-63208342.sport.html

[article]
Marko Grujic has this afternoon once again confirmed his ambition to one day carve out a regular berth for himself in Liverpool’s starting XI.

23-year-old Grujic was the first signing of the Jurgen Klopp era at Liverpool, making the move to Merseyside from boyhood club Red Star Belgrade for a fee of around £5 million.

However, his tender years, coupled with the competition for places at Anfield, have since seen Grujic go on to make just 8 Premier League appearances for the Reds.

The all-action midfielder has been farmed out on a quartet of loans, the latest of which saw Grujic make the move to Bundesliga outfit Hertha Berlin last summer.

Despite a pair of ankle injuries having restricted the Serb’s time on the pitch, Grujic subsequently went on to establish himself as one of the capital outfit’s star performers.

All told, the Liverpool loanee notched 5 goals and an assist across 22 Bundesliga appearances last season.

Grujic’s impressive form in Germany, though, has not proven enough to earn the midfielder a place in Jurgen Klopp’s plans for next season.

The 8-time capped international has returned for a second consecutive loan stint with Hertha Berlin.

His latest Anfield departure, however, has not dampened Grujic’s belief regarding his long-term prospects with Liverpool.

Speaking in an interview with Sport Bild earlier today, the 23-year-old first opened up on his return to the Olympiastadion:

‘I was in Liverpool for a few days after last season, did some medical tests. We [Klopp and I] sat together and talked about my plans.’

‘My contract at Liverpool runs until 2023. We both saw it in a similar way: I only managed to make the most of 50 per cent of my opportunities in Berlin. Minor injuries knocked me back.’

‘He also found that it is better for my development to stay in the Bundesliga for another year.’

When drawn on Liverpool’s Champions League final triumph over Tottenham last month, Grujic continued:

‘When I see such games, I always realise that I belong to such a big club and it’s where I want to be.’

‘If I play 34 very good games for Hertha, the chance to be a true Liverpool player next year is great.’
[/article]

[article]Young goalkeeper Kamil Grabara believes this is the perfect chance for him prove himself after joining Huddersfield Town from Liverpool FC.

The 20-year-old joins the Terriers on a season-long loan from the Premier League side and is keen to make the next step-up after playing in the Danish top-flight last season.

The ‘keeper will now compete for the number one jersey at Huddersfield Town and expressed his delight when he spoke to #HTTV for the first time.

“As a young player you need to develop, so I have a great chance to prove myself that I can become a good goalkeeper.

“I am happy because not many times things like this happen for young boys.”

Kamil had numerous conversations with Town’s Head Coach and Head of Goalkeeping prior to joining the Club where they discussed the impact he could make.

The Liverpool FC loanee admitted that those conversations played a pivotal part in him joining Huddersfield Town.

“We’ve been talking about everything, not only football, but on a football side he (Jan Siewert) convinced me to come, so he must’ve said good things!”

The young ‘keeper has been in England for three and a half years and has played close attention to the second-tier of English football.

He explained how he is relishing the test.

“I see this as the next stage; it’ll be a tough stage because we all know how the Championship is, it’s all about getting the team settled down and playing.

“I know that everyone is interested in this league sometimes even more than the Premier League when it comes to the Play-Offs.

“I’ve seen it, it’s a tough league, there’s so many teams inside the league and the funny thing is everyone can beat everyone, so you need to be the team that beats everyone.”

Kamil will now join Ben Hamer, Joel Coleman and Ryan Schofield in the goalkeeping department all competing for a starting spot against Derby County.

“First of all, I need to fight for the position to start the first game; that’s the goal,” said the youngster.

“When you go somewhere you respect everyone, but you’re trying to play for yourself, especially as a goalkeeper you want to be number one.

“If you say different, then you’re lying. I want to start the first game and another and another and another. I’m excited because it’s a serious league.”[/article]

Ojo having a bigger impact at Rangers than Kent did.

Another goal for him tonight, another 2 scored by Morelos.

Rangers also signed a premier league winner in Andy King on loan, good signing for them.

Grujic has scored in the Bundesliga opening game of season.....away at Bayern.

Statement laid down, Klopp will no doubt be watching.

Didn't actually know something hit him in the face??

Still can't see what or where it came from

[av]https://clips.clippit.tv/bykxyr/360.mp4[/av]

Nice goal, but later he gave away a needless pen for a Bayern equalizer. Love his potential, but I guess it's great for now that he's learning from his mistakes somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom