• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Loan watch 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oncy

Look up to the sky and there I be
Honorary Member
Ovie Ejaria – Rangers
Herbie Kane - Doncaster
Harry Wilson – Derby
Ryan Kent – Rangers
Taiwo Awoniyi – KAA Gent
Allan Rodrigues – Eintracht Frankfurt
Adam Bogdan – Hibernian
Shamal George – Tranmere Rovers
Sheyi Ojo - Reimes

Im hoping to see a lot of Wilson as I reckon Sky will be wanking off Fat Frank all year. Surely see the Rangers lads a bit too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Woodburn at Sheffield United. He was a bit wasteful when he came on for the final 20 mins at the weekend. I think he'll be a good player for them though - looking forward to watching some booming volleys.

Is Wilson injured or simply out of favour? He’s not been in the match day squad for the last two.

Kent and Ejaria have regularly been playing and reasonably well, too.

Ejaria was MOM in Rangers' match in the Europa qualifier tonight. He was very cool in possession, and had a few silky moments. Starting to look like the prospect we saw a couple of years ago. Kent full of direct running but just missing a trick to take it to the next level. On ex- Liverpool player news, Flanno was bang average.

Ejaria just scored his first goal for Rangers (approaching half time, it's given Rangers a 3-2 lead).
(Carson should have saved the shot but they all count)

Ejaria scored an absolute beaut for Rangers after 9 minutes.
Rangers ended the game with 9 men but held on for a 1-1 draw, and 2-1 overall win.
(Flanno was sent off)

highlights here.

Last edited:
Ejaria's goal somehow reminded me of Gerrard vs Olympiacos – a cross from the left half-cleared, he picks it up and BOOM. Only Gerrard shot first-time.

Harry Wilson is thriving on loan at Derby County but he can be recalled from his loan, manager Frank Lampard has revealed.

“That is a conversation between the clubs,” Lampard told the Derby Telegraph. "Liverpool run a fantastic department in terms of looking after their loans players. We have a lot of chat with them. We will just have to see how that goes. At the minute he’s our player, and of course we want him to stay our player for the course of the season because he is contributing. Since Harry came there has been constant dialogue with myself, Liverpool and Harry. It is very open conversation. For me, he is here to progress, and he is progressing well. I hope he stays with us because I think we can work well for each other.”

Lampard’s words are in contrast to a previous report from EPSN which claimed Wilson could not be recalled in January.

Here's a nice piece from the Hertha Berlin coach about Marko Grujic.

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/B...ontent=article

Quote:
[xtable=border:0|cellpadding:6|cellspacing:0|100%x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}"I've been at Hertha for 22 years," said the 42-year-old at his press conference after the Frankfurt win. "This isn't meant as an insult to anyone else, but Marko is by far the best midfielder I've seen in my time at the club."

The raw data from the game certainly backs up Dardai's impression of the youngster. From his position in central midfield, Grujic did the dirty work – winning an average of 54 per cent of all challenges – while he was also helping out in other areas by completing 92 per cent of his passes and having four attempts at goal – more than any other Hertha player.

"I was a defensive midfielder and managed to score 17 goals, which isn't bad," Dardai continued. "But Marko carries much more of a goal threat, he's got a sensational shot on him and is much better than I was. He can play anywhere in midfield.{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Looks impressive in that DM position, I can see why Klopp likes him – a holding midfielder with plenty of attacking influence. He probably has a long-term future here, but when he comes back Klopp will need to deal with the political issue between him and Shaqiri – apparently Grujic "liked" a comment from a Serbian who called Shaqiri's "Albanian eagle" celebration offensive and said he is "not a good person."

Top 10 players of the Championship from footy365.com:

[article]9) Harry Wilson (Derby)
If Derby don’t get promoted this season, their chances of hanging onto the Liverpool loanee for another season seem slim, with Wilson looking a class above at this level. He scored seven goals in 13 Championship matches for Hull City last season and he has continued in similar vain this time around with his seven goals – not mentioning that free-kick against Manchester United – helping Derby to a play-off position ahead of the festive fixtures. A total of 22 key passes is up there with the best in the league too; it’s that kind of form that has made him a regular at international level.[/article]

I see Ejaria has had his loan to Rangers cancelled. Anybody know whats happened there as he seemed to start really well and he was getting plenty of games.

I see Ejaria has had his loan to Rangers cancelled. Anybody know whats happened there as he seemed to start really well and he was getting plenty of games.
Wasn't settled is the official story. True story? Dunno, but I've read a few rumours about him being angry about the amount of playing time he was getting.

Ryan Kent is playing great football for rangers right now

He plays like a younger version of Fabinho. I like his quick decision-making with the ball.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom