• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Loan Players Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

[article]Celtic is excited to confirm the signing of goalkeeper Liam Hughes on a season long loan from Liverpool.

The 20-year-old is a Northern Ireland U21 international and signs for Celtic until the end of the season from the Premier League's Under 23's side.

He signed for Liverpool from Glasgow Celtic in 2018 having also played for Portadown and Dungannon Swifts in Ireland.

Liam has been on the bench for Jürgen Klopp's side twice, most notably in a 2-0 win over Sheffield United in February 2021.

Celtic Manager Simon Haworth discussed his latest recruit, he said: "We’ve had troubles with goalkeepers all season with players coming and going but I’m really hoping now that Liam can come in until the end of the season.

“I am hugely respectful of the fact he’s at a club like Liverpool, it’s a great relationship for us to build. We had a great relationship with Manchester United a few years ago with Alex Fojticek and Max Taylor joining us, it’s great for our club to have a link like this.

“I’m thrilled to have Liam in and hopefully we can get some consistency.

“With Shents being injured, we need someone to come in and hopefully he’ll enjoy his football and give us the consistency in net that we need.”

Celtic would like to thank Liverpool for allowing Liam to join the club. [/article]

Maybe we should try and bring in the odd youth player that isn’t a goalkeeper.

[article]Celtic is excited to confirm the signing of goalkeeper Liam Hughes on a season long loan from Liverpool.

The 20-year-old is a Northern Ireland U21 international and signs for Celtic until the end of the season from the Premier League's Under 23's side.

He signed for Liverpool from Glasgow Celtic in 2018 having also played for Portadown and Dungannon Swifts in Ireland.

Liam has been on the bench for Jürgen Klopp's side twice, most notably in a 2-0 win over Sheffield United in February 2021.

Celtic Manager Simon Haworth discussed his latest recruit, he said: "We’ve had troubles with goalkeepers all season with players coming and going but I’m really hoping now that Liam can come in until the end of the season.

“I am hugely respectful of the fact he’s at a club like Liverpool, it’s a great relationship for us to build. We had a great relationship with Manchester United a few years ago with Alex Fojticek and Max Taylor joining us, it’s great for our club to have a link like this.

“I’m thrilled to have Liam in and hopefully we can get some consistency.

“With Shents being injured, we need someone to come in and hopefully he’ll enjoy his football and give us the consistency in net that we need.”

Celtic would like to thank Liverpool for allowing Liam to join the club. [/article]

Elsewhere,
Goal @ 1:31

Last edited:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-loan-players-williams-ojo-25968413

Sepp van den Berg
[article]Of all Liverpool's players out on loan in the EFL, van den Berg has enjoyed the most football.

The Dutchman played the whole 90 minutes for Preston in their 1-1 draw at home to Birmingham on Saturday - his 28th appearance of the season.

On the whole he performed solidly, but will perhaps be disappointed at seeing Scott Hogan get a run on him before stooping to equalise for City.

It's now nine games since van den Berg and his colleagues kept a clean sheet.[/article]

Sheyi Ojo
[article]The winger starred in Millwall's FA Cup game with Crystal Palace last week and made a bright start on Saturday against Nottingham Forest.

But he suffered an ankle injury that forced him to go off at half-time.

It remains to be seen if, or for how long, it will keep him out of action.

Manager Gary Rowett, whose side lost 1-0 in the final minute, said: "What you can’t afford to do is lose two attacking players. To lose Tom Bradshaw to what looks like a serious injury. He felt something pop in his knee. I’m hopeful that’s not too bad but it doesn’t look great.

“Sheyi [Ojo] has rolled his ankle just before half-time and couldn’t continue second half."

It was Ojo's 17th appearance for the Lions.
[/article]

Ben Davies
[article]Davies once again missed out on the matchday squad in Sheffield United's 2-0 defeat to Derby County.

The defender sat out the third game in succession. He sat out their game at Fulham last month due to personal problems and has had a period away from the club.

Speaking about Davies in the build-up to the Derby game, manager Paul Heckingbottom said: "It's great to have him back in the building and great to have him back around the lads and it's good for him to be about.

"He's as keen as we are to build him back up to being able to participate again.

"He's had quite a big spell out in terms of being inactive and it's just rectifying that and making sure his body will be fit enough when we chuck him in to cope with it."[/article]

Rhys Williams
[article]The defender was once again left out of Swansea's squad as speculation mounts over his future on loan with the Welsh side.

Williams sat out their 1-1 draw at Huddersfield. He has played in just four of the last 16 games and reports claim Liverpool are looking into recalling him and re-despatching him to ensure he gets more game time.

Speaking about the situation, Swans' boss Russell Martin said: "We’ve been really honest with Liverpool about the opportunities Rhys has had and the potential opportunities he has moving forward, so the ball is in their court.

“We can’t send him back…That’s the danger of doing loans. The parent club is always in control, to an extent.

“I think Rhys is in contact with them constantly about what’s happening."
[/article]

Jake Cain
[article]Midfielder Cain played the whole 90 minutes as Newport County romped to an impressive 4-0 win over Harrogate.

It was only a third league start for the Exiles for Cain, who showed some fine touches and classy passes.

The result bumped Newport up to sixth in League Two.[/article]

Paul Glatzel
[article]The 20-year-old striker sat out Tranmere's 2-0 win over Rochdale on Saturday after a suspected positive Covid-19 test.

He has only featured in two of the last eight Rovers' games.[/article]

I don’t mean to be harsh but we are going to be giving most of them away and the others selling for nominal fees.
This might be true but we have to bear in mind that regardless most are still youngsters and are not just going to stroll into any team, no matter the league, where strength, physical size, experience and club loyalty are still important factors, more important than in the PL perhaps, in considering team selection.

Besides the calibre of the players, I think our network/partnership with clubs with regards to loan is pretty poor. So many players who couldn't get games after getting loaned out - there's so many clubs out there, surely there are suitable ones which can make the loans useful for all parties involved?

Take Taiwo Awoniyi for example - we didn't seem to have a concrete plan for him until the move to Union Berlin "luckily" worked out. Anderson Arroyo, Allan etc. too.

(Julian Ward was the Loan Pathways & Football Partnerships Manager from 2015-2020)

This might be true but we have to bear in mind that regardless most are still youngsters and are not just going to stroll into any team, no matter the league, where strength, physical size, experience and club loyalty are still important factors, more important than in the PL perhaps, in considering team selection.

True but I guess what I’m saying is that I don’t think this current crop out on loan are any good.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-loan-players-williams-ojo-25968413

Sheyi Ojo
[article]The winger starred in Millwall's FA Cup game with Crystal Palace last week and made a bright start on Saturday against Nottingham Forest.

But he suffered an ankle injury that forced him to go off at half-time.

It remains to be seen if, or for how long, it will keep him out of action.

Manager Gary Rowett, whose side lost 1-0 in the final minute, said: "What you can’t afford to do is lose two attacking players. To lose Tom Bradshaw to what looks like a serious injury. He felt something pop in his knee. I’m hopeful that’s not too bad but it doesn’t look great.

“Sheyi [Ojo] has rolled his ankle just before half-time and couldn’t continue second half."

It was Ojo's 17th appearance for the Lions.
[/article]

They can have Kumetio on loan next season instead - see if they can give him a boost.

Sepp - maybe mother loan - or is he ready to do a Harvey and step up?

Didn’t we sign another defender from Preston who was also “different gravy”?

[article]Liverpool goalkeeper Vitezslav Jaros has joined us on loan until the end of the season.

The 20-year-old Czech youth international arrived at Anfield in 2017 from Slavia Prague, initially joining Steven Gerrard’s Under 18s’ team and helping the Reds win the prestigious FA Youth Cup in his second season on Merseyside.

He went on to make his first senior appearance in a friendly against Tranmere Rovers in 2019-20 before kicking on last season, being named on the bench for Liverpool’s Champions League matches against Ajax and FC Midtjylland and starting against Tranmere and Port Vale in the EFL Trophy.

Later in the campaign he joined Irish top-flight side St Patrick’s Athletic in what proved to be a hugely successful loan move as he kept 11 clean sheets in 38 matches and scooped the club’s Player of the Season and the League of Ireland's Goalkeeper of the Year awards.

And his stay in Ireland reached the perfect conclusion in late November as St Pat’s emerged victorious from a closely-contested FAi Cup final against Bohemians played out in front of 37,000 fans at the Aviva Stadium.

Our head coach, Ian Burchnall, said: “Vit comes very highly recommended to me by a friend at Liverpool and Michael Doyle has taken a number of very good references from Ireland, so we’re delighted to have him here.

“It’s well documented that we want to get Tiernan Brooks out on loan to further his first-team experience and as a consequence of that we needed to bring someone else in.

“I didn’t want that person to be a number two who’s comfortable sitting behind Sam Slocombe. Like in every area of the pitch, we want challenge in order to raise the bar.

“Sam was excellent at Wealdstone, has had a good season and is a top professional. He will be driven on by Vit and vice-versa.”

Goalkeeper coach Tom Weal added: “As soon as we knew Anthony Patterson wouldn’t be returning we put a shortlist together and, once we’d done our research, Vit was our best option by a distance.

“He’s really competent with the ball at his feet and is happy to play high up the pitch, defending spaces in behind. He had a lot of exposure to defending balls into the box in Ireland and has a good physical presence. He’s a confident lad, as well.

“We’ve had excellent dialogue with him and he spoke about his desire to play at the highest level in the future – he’s got that thirst from training with top goalkeepers like Alisson and Adrian over the last 18 months and is coming here champing at the bit and ready to fight for his place.

“He has watched our last four or five games and identified us as a club he wanted to play for, despite having offers from a higher level. Our staff, the way we play and our facilities have once again allowed us to compete with EFL clubs for talented loan players, which bodes well for the future.

“Everyone in the goalkeeping department will benefit from this. We have a really strong dynamic with Sam’s experience, Tiernan’s potential and Vit coming in to provide fresh competition. It’s really exciting and hopefully we’ll see positive outcomes as the season goes on.”

The stopper will wear number 13 and be available for selection at Bromley on Saturday subject to Premier League approval.[/article]

We shouldn't be quick to sell Sepp. We've made mistakes before in the CB department. Some develop late.
Coates, Paletta and Mikel San José etc.

They all developed into shit though.

I do agree about keeping Sepp though.

They all developed into shit though.

I do agree about keeping Sepp though.
Coates is strangely enough regarded as one of the best CB's in Portugal.
Paletta made it to the Italian national team and San Jose almost moved to Barca when he was at his best.

Coates is strangely enough regarded as one of the best CB's in Portugal.
Paletta made it to the Italian national team and San Jose almost moved to Barca when he was at his best.

yep… shit… like I said.

I think the key point @Modo was driving at is there’s no rush to offload him and as long as he continue to develop, we will benefit from a higher transfer fee.

Hoever had little experience but fetched £13.5 million with add-ons so there’s every chance vDB can get us more.

I think the key point @Modo was driving at is there’s no rush to offload him and as long as he continue to develop, we will benefit from a higher transfer fee.

Hoever had little experience but fetched £13.5 million with add-ons so there’s every chance vDB can get us more.
Yes, we can sell or benefit from him playing for us.

Id loan him out for a few years, or keep him as backup. I mean, with Gomez probably going at some point, Sepp is a capable 4th as we as backup to trent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom