• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool's Summer Transfers : Speculation & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we look at renewing our midfield over the next couple of years, we should consider Donny Van de Beek from Ajax.
Good player. Could be a gradual replacement for Gini/Hendo.

If we look at renewing our midfield over the next couple of years, we should consider Donny Van de Beek from Ajax.

I'm a fan – but looks like so is Koeman, so a very strong chance he'll end up at Barca.

He's been on the radar for 2 years. I'm surprised no-one has stepped in yet.

I'm a fan – but looks like so is Koeman, so a very strong chance he'll end up at Barca.

If I was a player, I would avoid being associated with Koeman and moving to Barcelona. If Gini or Van de Beek moves to Barca know, they will immediately be seen as members of the anti-Messi camp. Too difficult for them to survive.

I've had a little..

But Gini Wijnaldum is going to Arsenal after his contract is done. All the signs point that way.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-transfers-ovie-ejaria-reading-a4534731.html
[article]Liverpool are set to bank £3.5m from the sale of Ovie Ejaria to Reading.

The 22-year-old is closing in on a permanent move to Berkshire that was originally agreed as part of a loan deal for the 2019-20 season.

The Royals' ability to complete the transfer had been thrown into doubt by suggestions that they were facing a transfer embargo from the EFL.

However, they were recently been given the green light to sign players, starting with Ejaria.

The London-born midfielder has played 55 games for Reading over the course of two loan stints, the first of which began in January 2019.

Ejaria made a total of eight first-team appearances for Liverpool after joining the club's academy from Arsenal in 2014.[/article]

[article]Celtic have made an approach to Liverpool as they want to take Ki-Jana Hoever on loan.

A source has exclusively told Read Celtic that the Scottish champions have approached the Premier League champions about the availability of the Dutchman, but the Reds are yet to decide if they will allow him to leave for the season.

Hoever, who can play at right-back and at centre-back, is still training with the Liverpool first-team ahead of the new Premier League season, and Jurgen Klopp hasn’t yet decided if he will be kept around or if he’ll be allowed to go out on loan.

Celtic’s defence haven’t exactly had the best start to the new campaign and it looks like Neil Lennon is looking to address that by bringing in the 18-year-old for the entirety of the season.

It looks like Hoever will be part of the Liverpool squad for this weekend’s Community Shield clash with Arsenal at Wembley, but after that, a final decision will be made about his short-term future.[/article]

Liverpool Still Targeting Watford Winger Ismaila Sarr
By Charlie Stewart | Aug 27 2020

Liverpool are still considering a move for Senegalese winger Ismaila Sarr. Despite Watford's relegation, Sarr enjoyed an encouraging debut season in English football, scoring five times in 28 Premier League appearances at the Hornets. Sarr will likely not want to play in the Championship next season, and may be given a chance to return to the top flight this summer, according to Paul Gorst of the Liverpool Echo. Speaking during a Q&A session, Gorst said: “Ismaila Sarr I was told recently is definitely someone being looked at. Whether that turns into a formal bid remains to be seen but Liverpool like him. "He’s the right sort of profile and has a high ceiling to improve."

Former Southampton man Sadio Mane could be crucial to any potential transfer. In an interview with the BBC, Sarr described his Senegalese compatriot as his "big brother in EPL". With his lightning pace, directness, and eye for goal, Sarr could fit Jurgen Klopp's system like a glove. And, being six years younger than Mane and Mohamed Salah, the 22-year-old could be a good long-term option for the Premier League champions. However, Sarr cost Watford a massive £30m from Rennes just last summer, and it is believed that his value has increased since then. With Liverpool's owners often being unwilling to splash out large sums, it would perhaps be unwise for Klopp to spend a large chunk of his budget on a player who wouldn't be an immediate starter.

Any move for the Senegalese winger may have to be funded by player sales. Serbian midfielder Marko Grujic is one who has been linked with a move away, while the Reds have also reportedly made former Derby County & Bournemouth loanee Harry Wilson available for a transfer. The sales of Grujic and Wilson would shift some deadwood, and raise up to £40m for Klopp's side. The latter is the subject of interest from a number of Premier League clubs after his decent loan spell at Bournemouth, while the former could be set for a move to Serie A.

Yes, me too. The financial climate and situation around the World has certainly changed our, at least my, view regarding this.

I said this Sarr shit ages ago. Nobody listens to me!

Don't think we'll be signing either Sarr or Thiago, though.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-transfers-ovie-ejaria-reading-a4534731.html
[article]Liverpool are set to bank £3.5m from the sale of Ovie Ejaria to Reading.

The 22-year-old is closing in on a permanent move to Berkshire that was originally agreed as part of a loan deal for the 2019-20 season.

The Royals' ability to complete the transfer had been thrown into doubt by suggestions that they were facing a transfer embargo from the EFL.

However, they were recently been given the green light to sign players, starting with Ejaria.

The London-born midfielder has played 55 games for Reading over the course of two loan stints, the first of which began in January 2019.

Ejaria made a total of eight first-team appearances for Liverpool after joining the club's academy from Arsenal in 2014.[/article]

17 year old GK, recommended by Alisson Becker's brother Muriel, who plays for Fluminense. Has German citizenship as well, so no work permit issues.

He looks incredible on these highlights:

Last edited:
I guess they don’t sell Fairy Liquid in Austria.
A guy goes into a seafood restaurant and asks to see the dishes of the day. The waiter wheels over a trolley and the man examines the dishes.
"I'll have the little green squid with the hairy lip, please" says the man.
"Okay." replies the waiter and calls out "Gervais!!"
A little French chef appears with a large knife, the waiter instructs the chef to kill the little green squid with the hairy lip.
Gervais is just about to slice at the poor squid when he notices a tear running down its face. Gervais is touched and says that he hasn't the heart to kill the squid.
"Not to worry" says the waiter and calls out "Hans!!" at which an enormous German bloke comes out of the kitchen.
"Sir", says the waiter, "this is Hans, the dishwasher. Hans, kill that squid!"
The dishwasher wields a huge meat clever and is just about to kill the little green squid with the hairy lip when it cringes back and gives a little cry.
"I am sorry, I just cannot kill the squid" Hans admits, his lower lip trembling.
"Well sir," says the waiter, "it just goes to show... That Hans that do dishes, can be soft as Gervais, with mild green, hairy lip squid"

A guy goes into a seafood restaurant and asks to see the dishes of the day. The waiter wheels over a trolley and the man examines the dishes.
"I'll have the little green squid with the hairy lip, please" says the man.
"Okay." replies the waiter and calls out "Gervais!!"
A little French chef appears with a large knife, the waiter instructs the chef to kill the little green squid with the hairy lip.
Gervais is just about to slice at the poor squid when he notices a tear running down its face. Gervais is touched and says that he hasn't the heart to kill the squid.
"Not to worry" says the waiter and calls out "Hans!!" at which an enormous German bloke comes out of the kitchen.
"Sir", says the waiter, "this is Hans, the dishwasher. Hans, kill that squid!"
The dishwasher wields a huge meat clever and is just about to kill the little green squid with the hairy lip when it cringes back and gives a little cry.
"I am sorry, I just cannot kill the squid" Hans admits, his lower lip trembling.
"Well sir," says the waiter, "it just goes to show... That Hans that do dishes, can be soft as Gervais, with mild green, hairy lip squid"
I was thinking about this joke the other day... That's a bit weird. I was a kid and I told it to my cousin and she was amazed that I could remember it all.

Only I think in my version the chef was a Moroccan called Fez. I'm not sure that's a name...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom