• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool's Summer Transfers : Speculation & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 goals in 44 appearances this season.

4 premier League goals in 706 minutes this season.

Shut up you fucking cretin.

He's not even Chinese you don't have to lie about him

Frogfish on Origi :D :D :D :D

Funny shit.

Don't get me wrong, lovely guy...scored many important goals but he'll never be a 50m player because he isn't a natural goalscorer.

6 goals in 44 appearances this season.

4 premier League goals in 706 minutes this season.

Shut up you fucking cretin.

He's not even Chinese you don't have to lie about him
David Icke Mini-me.

Clearly you were the fat fuck school bully at school weren't you? The one going around beating people up if they dared to stand up to you or didn't give you their chicken nuggets. I'm sure anyone here who knew you back then could corroborate. However now in your sad little life the only recourse you have is to patrol forums looking for potential victims and follow them from thread to thread. I pity you, you poor little shit.

A former School Bully, admitted Conspiracy Theorist, has no place debating with anyone except others of your ilk, no matter how much you shout and scream abuse. Now fuck off.

N.B. Blocking so I don't have to listen to your pathetic BS any more.

Last edited:
Frogfish on Origi :D :D :D :D

Funny shit.

Don't get me wrong, lovely guy...scored many important goals but he'll never be a 50m player because he isn't a natural goalscorer.
Haha clearly that was all tongue in cheek (as Modo etc. got). He'll never be the striker we need but he'll do a good job for someone.

David Icke Mini-me.

Clearly you were the fat fuck school bully at school weren't you? The one going around beating people up if they dared to stand up to you or didn't give you their chicken nuggets. I'm sure anyone here who knew you back then could corroborate. However now in your sad little life the only recourse you have is to patrol forums looking for potential victims and follow them from thread to thread. I pity you, you poor little shit.

A former School Bully, admitted Conspiracy Theorist, has no place debating with anyone except others of your ilk, no matter how much you shout and scream abuse. Now fuck off.

N.B. Blocking so I don't have to listen to your pathetic BS any more.

You've added shit psychologist to the list of your online qualifications then ?

Proper online medical genius here.

Why dont you just pack it in? You’re the only one on this forum now being a massive dickhead. Move to GC if you are just going to fuck up the threads here.

Liverpool's wheels may not be up yet, but they are preparing to take flight in this summer's transfer window.
The new-look version of this year's market officially started back on July 27, but it took the Premier League champions 10 days before they set about attempting to add to a squad that won the title by 18 points.

A [bcolor=#fdfbf8]£10million opening gambit for Norwich left-back[/bcolor]Jamal Lewis was the subdued statement of intent from the club's recruitment team this week.
The Northern Ireland international impressed Jurgen Klopp and his staff last term, with the club's analytics team keen to share the numbers posted by the 22-year-old.
Club insiders likened a potential move for Lewis to that of the deal to bring Andy Robertson to the club three years ago from Hull City. A relegated left-back turning up impressive numbers in a struggling team, available at a reasonable price.
The one draw back, from Liverpool's perspective, was their uncertainty over Lewis's willingness to accept a spot as Robertson's backup for the time being.

However, with those in the corridors of powers seemingly given assurances, Liverpool officially tabled an offer on Thursday.
It was promptly rejected by the Canaries, who want closer to £20m and with the two clubs so far apart in their valuations at present, expect talks to continue between respective sporting directors Michael Edwards and Stuart Webber.
Elsewhere in what is still slated to be a quiet summer, the name of Watford attacker Ismaila Sarr has surfaced. A report earlier this week claimed the Reds were one of three clubs to have made an enquiry for the Senegal frontman.
Those reports were premature but it is understood Sarr is someone on the Anfield shortlist. At the age of 22, his profile and ceiling is an interesting prospect for a club who aim to catch a star before they have risen.
Liverpool are continuing to search for players who can add quality depth to certain areas and Sarr is someone who matches up well in that regard.
A versatile international with his best years ahead of him, Sarr could be a good alternative to the likes of Mane and Mohamed Salah in the wide areas. Particularly if he can be purchased at a knockdown price.
The ECHO has learned that the club's recruitment team are keeping tabs on the forward but it is unclear at this stage whether that will mean a formal bid will be forthcoming this summer.
Sarr's next destination, wherever that may be, is likely to see him remain a Premier League player, meaning Liverpool may feel it necessary to remain admiring from a far as he continues to develop and improve as a player.
As a close friend of Sadio Mane, the Reds have an additional bargaining chip for the player himself should their interest turn into a formal bid.
Brighton defender Ben White, it is believed, was scouted extensively last season and impressed in the Championship while on loan at Leeds United.

The 22-year-old defender made 46 appearances for the newly-promoted side but could find himself in demand as Brighton employee.
With Dejan Lovrenoffloaded to Zenit St Petersburg for close to £11million, the Reds are in the market for a fourth choice centre-back.
Promoting from within is unlikely to happen this summer as Klopp searches for a replacement for a player who played in Champions League and World Cup final just over two years ago.

Thiago Alcantara is a name who is continually linked to a move to Liverpool this summer, but the ECHO understands he is not currently being pursued.
Loris Karius has no future at the club. The goalkeeper returned from a loan spell at Besiktas that was darkened by a number of disputes over lack of payment from the Turkish side.
Interest from Montpellier, Wolves and Hertha Berlin has been reported but sources close to the player remain quiet on his next move.
With Adrian acting as deputy to Alisson Becker, there is little prospect of the club happily retaining the German for next season.

The long-term futures of Marko Grujic and Harry Wilson are less certain, though.
Both players caught the eye on loan spells with Hertha Berlin and Bournemouth, respectively, last term, but the financial impact from COVID-19 might hinder other clubs' ability to lodge acceptable offers.

I think if Origi and Shaq leave, we buy Sarr. I don't think we are buying an Origi replacement. We are most likely going to depend on Brewster and Elliot to provide the backup support in attack.

I also think if we dont get Thiago this summer, then we will not allow Gini to leave. We will be prepared to lose him on a Bosman.
Interesting take but would leave us a bit light upfront. Big gamble on Brew

The Liverpool board has told boss Jurgen Klopp to sell players such as Guinea midfielder Naby Keita, 25, to fund a move for Bayern Munich and Spain midfielder Thiago, 29.

https://www.kicker.de/4000000034681...die-reds-mehr-als-nur-ein-problem-der-abloese

If we do have to sell a player to fund Thiago I would sooner it be AOC than Keita, and if that choice boils down to Keita and Thiago we should keep Keita. At 25 Keita will only get better, While Thiago has hit his peak

That will be a bullshit story

More to the point - if we have to sell to buy - why would we sell Kieta or AOC to fund Thiago when selling Gruijc & Wilson would provide the funds.

Unless we’re trying to reduce or at least not increase the wage bill.

More to the point - if we have to sell to buy - why would we sell Kieta or AOC to fund Thiago when selling Gruijc & Wilson would provide the funds.

Unless we’re trying to reduce or at least not increase the wage bill.
No way Keita leaves.

Chamberlain, daft as it sounds, does fuck all but score. That does sound daft, but imo he doesn't score often enough to rely on for those goals, & if selling him meant we could get Thiago I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I highly doubt he'll ever be the player he was before he suffered that injury, & paper talk seems to think we'll get 20m+ which is a no brainer imo.

Thiago will replace one of Wijnaldum or Oxlade-Chamberlain. If neither go Thiago won’t come.

Really don't want Gini to go, & doubt he will, but yeah, regards the wages that means Chamberlain would need to go to remain at a similar level.

Really don't want Gini to go, & doubt he will, but yeah, regards the wages that means Chamberlain would need to go to remain at a similar level.
Would not the loss of Lallana, Grujic and Wilson (both about to come back) offset Thiago?

A lot of credible journos reported the bid for Lewis. None have said jack about Tsimikas, which makes me doubt that we've made an offer to Olympiakos.

We have 6 first team players at or approaching 30, Mane, Salah, Firmino, Hendo, Gini, and Van Dijk.

Of course we need to refresh the squad if we don't want a looooong rebuilding phase in a couple of years.

A new attacker is crucial, at the very least.

You seen how long it took keita to get good? We need players now for the season after next. If we don't it's a clear capitulation.

I didn't really finish that thought properly. I agree we need to add a couple of players, but even though I wouldn't have a problem replacing Ox and a couple of others with better options, I don't think we should let too many from this squad go at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom