• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool's Summer Transfers : Speculation & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
5,814 minutes / 34 goals = 1 goal per 171 minutes or a little over 0.5 per game. Not too shabby, but then you also have to count how many of the most crucial and unforgettable goals of the last few years were scored by Big Divock. Truly a club legend.

Interesting. That’s a lot better than I imagined.

Not sure we would be looking for a lot of changes.

Stability within the group is also important factor for success.

Not sure we would be looking for a lot of changes.

Stability within the group is also important factor for success.
Stability not paralysis. All title winners strengthen, usually with a major signing. We've already let a couple of transfer windows pass without any serious investment and the team needs fresh blood, not only for competition but also as a confidence booster, players want to see a club investing.

Stability not paralysis. All title winners strengthen, usually with a major signing. We've already let a couple of transfer windows pass without any serious investment and the team needs fresh blood, not only for competition but also as a confidence booster, players want to see a club investing.

Yes, I agree. I am not advocating neither extreme change or a very conservative approach.
But letting two center backs go in the same window?

We should under no circumstances sell Matip
If we can replace him with a younger defender say 20-24 years old happy to play play back up, we should definitely sell Matip.

By replace I mean for the same outlay if not less.

I think we all acknowledge that the way the club is run means if somebody offers a significant over valuation of a player then we will sell and look to reinvest. I dont see the number crunchers turning down anything above £40m for Matip, that said I dont believe this PSG story at all.

If we can replace him with a younger defender say 20-24 years old happy to play play back up, we should definitely sell Matip.

By replace I mean for the same outlay if not less.

We’ve just sold Lovren. Losing Matip the same season would be very bad management, and one thing I dont think Klopp will do.
Matips performance numbers these last few seasons are up there with the very best.
How he fits into the team, and is set up with VVD and Gomez is something I think we’ll struggle to find right now and who knows how long a new player will take to integrate.

No sale this summer.

Yes, I agree. I am not advocating neither extreme change or a very conservative approach.
But letting two center backs go in the same window?
Unfounded rumour. Clearly there is no way this is going to happen - Klopp loves Matip !

We’ve just sold Lovren. Losing Matip the same season would be very bad management, and one thing I dont think Klopp will do.
Matips performance numbers these last few seasons are up there with the very best.
How he fits into the team, and is set up with VVD and Gomez is something I think we’ll struggle to find right now and who knows how long a new player will take to integrate.

No sale this summer.
We'll agree to disagree. The way the club is run is that they replace players at the end of their peak with younger players.

Matip will be 29 when the season starts, like a lot of the first team.

We should not fall into a similar trap of other teams (like Utd under fergie, Arsenals back 5, our own team from mid 80s to 1990), of letting the team grow too old.

Like I said above, if we can replace Matip with a younger model for a similar or less outlay, we should do it. Matip is on big wages from what I remember.

I'm one of the few who have never been totally sold on him anyway. His injuries didn't help my POV.

We'll agree to disagree. The way the club is run is that they replace players at the end of their peak with younger players.

Matip will be 29 when the season starts, like a lot of the first team.

We should not fall into a similar trap of other teams (like Utd under fergie, Arsenals back 5, our own team from mid 80s to 1990), of letting the team grow too old.

Like I said above, if we can replace Matip with a younger model for a similar or less outlay, we should do it. Matip is on big wages from what I remember.

I'm one of the few who have never been totally sold on him anyway. His injuries didn't help my POV.
29 is far from old for a CB though. Some would say that in fact is prime age for an experienced CB. If he was hitting 31 (with exceptions for world class CBs) I'd agree too.

So long as it’s not in their positions, eh?

29 is far from old for a CB though. Some would say that in fact is prime age for an experienced CB. If he was hitting 31 (with exceptions for world class CBs) I'd agree too.
For a quick CB I'd agree. However Matip has never been blessed with pace.

For a quick CB I'd agree. However Matip has never been blessed with pace.
You have to factor in injuries as well. How can he continue while getting these frequent injuries?
His old partner at Schalke Höwedes just retired at 32.
So nothing is certain. I do however hope Matip stays as long as he can play at top level.

Lol as if sky are asking " Is Thiago missing piece in Liverpool jigsaw?"

Yeah , he's the reason why we didn't win the lea...oh

Thiago, Sarr, Lewis & Mandi - would people be happy with that - I reckon £100m spent - could recoup about half of that with proceeds from selling Lovren, Larouci, Shaqiri & Wilson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom