• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs West Ham PL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont want Hendo at CB we need him in midfield. Williams should be allowed to continue until either Matip or Fabinho is back. Id prefer to start Jota over Firmino but Im pretty sure Klopp wont make that change until after the international break.

----------------------Allison
Trent -- Williams -- Gomez -- Robbo
----- Hendo ----Thiago --- Wjinaldum
--Salah --------- Firmino --------- Mané
It'll be this team.

We have games Sat, Tues and then City on the Sunday. We must have Gomez & Matip ready for City otherwise we are going to get battered. So Matip comes on for some time vs Atalanta (maybe even starting). With the rest of the midfield (esp. Thiago) and our new strength up top I'd be a lot more confident with that CB pairing.

So yes, this is the West Ham thread but consideration needs to be give to all three matches, not this one in isolation. Because losing away at City would be a major set-back.

100 million mate?

Keita we won't sell ... but we'll be lucky to get 30 million due to injury record.
Ox we would be lucky to get 20 million due to injury record.
Matip has played < 300 MINUTES since November. Unless there's some wealthy doctor clinic looking to test some crazy new 'bone medicine', we'll keep Matip as no one will buy him.

Keita and Matip wont be sold, and Matip can stay as the 4th CB. But we have to buy a new CB competing with Gomez.
Ox has a fight on his hands to stay past this season.

Keita and Matip wont be sold, and Matip can stay as the 4th CB. But we have to buy a new CB competing with Gomez.
Ox has a fight on his hands to stay past this season.

Why would Keita not be sold? He's an injury prone flop.

Matip doesnt look like winning his fitness battle, so its Hendo/Gini or Williams.

Maybe Williams would be the best option.
Go all out attack and win 4-2, 5-3

I think if Williams is starting with Gomez then it's vital we retain the ball well. I'd be looking for a midfield of Henderson, Thiago and Wijnaldum, who should control possession and reduce the pressure on the defense. Henderson should be tasked with holding. West Ham are strong and quick the counter so we'll need his legs covering the space.

Moyes is doing a strangely impressive job there. I've liked what I've seen from West Ham this year.

I think if Williams is starting with Gomez then it's vital we retain the ball well. I'd be looking for a midfield of Henderson, Thiago and Wijnaldum, who should control possession and reduce the pressure on the defense. Henderson should be tasked with holding. West Ham are strong and quick the counter so we'll need his legs covering the space.

Moyes is doing a strangely impressive job there. I've liked what I've seen from West Ham this year.

Agreed - any worries in defence should be covered by a strong midfield. If we put 4 attackers on a la Sheffield United we might get overrun in the middle and end up putting more pressure on the guys at the back.

I thought West Ham weren’t particularly impressive against a flat City, especially after Antonio went off.

Their right back looked incredibly vulnerable against pace or guile too, Mané will destroy him.

A comfortable and goal difference boosting win for us.

This will be a very tough game. They raise their game considerably against better quality opposition - they're unbeaten in their last 4 and those games were against Leicester, Spurs, City and Wolves. Our defence will be a patched up mess, and it will be under serious pressure if Antonio plays. I'd take any kind of win right now. I think we will drop points though.

West Ham have suffered a crushing blow with Michail Antonio facing at least a month on the sidelines.
The Hammers’ top scorer suffered a hamstring injury in last weekend’s 1-1 draw with Manchester City and scans have shown it is worse than first feared
David Moyes is now braced to be without one of his most influential players for a lengthy spell, starting with Saturday’s trip to Premier League champions Liverpool.

Yesterday's training session.
Missing players?

The usual suspects also, no Matip, Thiago, Keita, Tsimikas and Alisson for some reason.

I expected to see Koumetio train with the first team due to our lack of CB's but I guess it's Philips or Rhys.

I still believe Klopp will go with Rhys at CB.

Antonio out is great news for us. I suspect they'll put Haller up top who has struggled to make any impression on the PL since joining. They've played 5 at the back recently so I suspect we will have to put extra focus on getting bodies in the box and playing through the middle. I wouldn't be against seeing Minamino or Shaq playing as the advanced of a midfield three ahead of Hendo & Gini (assuming Thiago is out).

Missing players?

The usual suspects also, no Matip, Thiago, Keita, Tsimikas and Alisson for some reason.

I expected to see Koumetio train with the first team due to our lack of CB's but I guess it's Philips or Rhys.

Curtis very involved, I wonder if he's also in line for a start.

Antonio out is great news for us. I suspect they'll put Haller up top who has struggled to make any impression on the PL since joining. They've played 5 at the back recently so I suspect we will have to put extra focus on getting bodies in the box and playing through the middle. I wouldn't be against seeing Minamino or Shaq playing as the advanced of a midfield three ahead of Hendo & Gini (assuming Thiago is out).

Haller hasnt been good, but is facing the perfect CB duo for him to dominate in the air.
Just look at the Sheff Utd game.
We’ll have to better at winning the second balls tomorrow.

Missing players?

Appaz both Thiago and Matip trained in parts of yesterdays training. Hopefully Klopp has good news during his presser

[article]
Jurgen Klopp speaking now and he confirms that Fabinho will miss the West Ham game.

“He’s got a little injury. Out for the weekend and probably slightly longer.” Not too bad then.[/article]

I doubt we will see Thiago. Keita may as well be playing for Salzburg considering the time he’s been available for us.

Not worth rushing and risking further damage when we have other capable options in CM.

Wasnt anything on Matip? Maybe thats a good sign. Would love to have Thiago back, but no need to rush him.

We are deffo losing.

[article]
A haunting stat from Opta for the Liverpool v West Ham game.

• Liverpool have received more red cards on Halloween than any other side in the Premier League (3) – Jason McAteer v Leicester City in 1998, Jamie Carragher and Philipp Degen v Fulham in 2009.
And continuing the horror theme...

• West Ham have won just one of their last 47 away league games against Liverpool (D12 L34), winning 3-0 in August 2015.
  • West Ham have lost 21 of their 24 Premier League away games against reigning champions (W1 D2), with their only victory coming in December 2001 against Manchester United at Old Trafford (1-0).
  • West Ham boss David Moyes has never won in 15 previous Premier League away games against Liverpool (D6 L9) – only Moyes himself (17 v Arsenal) has overseen more away games against a side without victory in the competition.
[/article]

Hendo will play.

[article]
More from Jurgen Klopp as he explains away Jordan Henderson’s half-time withdrawal against FC Midtjylland.

“Jordan Henderson did not have a fitness problem. Responsible is maybe the better word for [the substitution]. I can count a little bit and so I can count the games we played, I can count all the games the players played and we have to try to get through this period. If you have a look at the schedule then you see the month like October is a month like a usual December and November is a month like a usual December. Then December is still December, so that means we have the intensity of the most hectic schedule, which we have every year in December [but] we have it now already and that’s why we have to make these kind of decisions. We will make them as long as we can make them. The boys are ready to go.”
[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom