• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs Spurs (CL Final 1st June)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched these highlights from the 6 a side tournament they were having in Marbella. Is it just me or do they all seem very serious, like there's actually a bit of needle in there. Nice, I think?

Klopp mentioned a few times recently that the reason we've kept our consistency so well during the season is that the entire squad are pushing so hard in training to try to get into the first team that every player has had to up their game.

I guess that means you'll naturally get that showing during training matches.

I find it remarkable that he manages to create a feeling of a meritocracy yet still uses the same core side much of the time, it's some achievement.

Feeling every hour of the extra few days between the league’s finish and the final. A solid three weeks of nerves on the go. Lovely.

I just watched these highlights from the 6 a side tournament they were having in Marbella. Is it just me or do they all seem very serious, like there's actually a bit of needle in there. Nice, I think?

Why would you assume there wouldn’t be?

They are competing for a place in the CL final.

Roy Keane used to talk about the 5 side training games being tougher than most league games.

It's fascinating how Klopp chooses the teams for the 6-a-sides..

Is there a science to it? I noticed he kept Joe-VVD-Fabinho together

News on the slack jawed yokel.

[article]
Harry Kane is on course to be fit for Saturday’s Champions League final against Liverpool and the Tottenham manager suggested he would live or die by the decision to use him as a starter or substitute.

Pochettino, who also reported that Dávinson Sánchez, Harry Winks and Jan Vertonghen ought to be available after injury, was keen to discuss how each member of his 25-man squad was equally important. But Kane’s readiness to take on Liverpool in the wake of the ankle ligament damage he suffered in the first leg of the quarter-final against Manchester City on 9 April has become an unavoidable talking point.

Kane has returned to training with the squad and in the past Pochettino has always named the England captain in the starting XI when he has been fit. To Pochettino Kane is the best striker in the world and the Argentinian has routinely been incredulous when the question of whether his team might be better off without Kane had been raised.[/article]

[article]Jurgen Klopp believes he has never taken a better team to a final than the Liverpool side he will manage in Saturday’s Champions League Final.

The German will make his fourth final appearance in as many years with the Reds
when they face Tottenham in Madrid on June 1.

The three previous outings all ended in defeat, making it six consecutive losses in showpiece fixtures when his time at Borussia Dortmund is also factored in.

But Klopp is convinced that he is taking his best team yet to the Spanish capital this weekend, and hopes that is reflected in the outcome.

He said: “I don’t like to blame my other teams, I love them all, they all gave everything, but I have never been part of a final with a better team than this.

“In different times, for different reasons, my teams were good as well. I am not so surprised because our boys mix our potential with attitude in the best way I have witnessed. That is brilliant.

“These boys did it for the chance of being there, gave us a lot, showed us a lot and in the five-six days between Barcelona and Barcelona, nobody believed more than the team themselves. That is why we are here. It is a sensational situation.

“We wanted it really desperately but it looked like it slipped through our fingers in the group stage, we struggled in the away games, but did it in the most mature way: You have to win 1-0 against an Italian team.

“Since then all our away games were really impressive. Barcelona the result not but the performance was.”

Liverpool are out to right the wrongs of defeat to Real Madrid in last season’s final - a result that owed much to two Loris Karius howlers and a Mohamed Salah injury.

Klopp believes the disappointment of Kiev had a positive influence on his team, who put their best-ever Premier League season together alongside this year’s European run.

He added: “It had a big influence on us. I remember that situation. When we stand in the queue in the airport in Kiev, all in tracksuits, heads down. It was a lot of different emotions.

“But the plan was, we come again, we will be there again and now we are there, that is just incredible. I think pretty much each team that loses the final thinks, ‘We will put it right’. They don’t all have the chance.

“It was the kickstart for the development of this team, 100 per cent. This team is not even to compare with the team of last year. It is good.”

However, the Reds have to go on and lift the famous old trophy before Klopp would consider this season’s journey as his greatest managerial achievement.

He explained: “If I win it, yes. It would be different to the last finals.

“To bring the team to the Champions League final is the biggest moment in my career? No, that was 2004, getting promoted with Mainz 05.

“If you had known the money we had, the circumstances we had, nobody needed us in the first league.”[/article]

Naby out is a loss.

Ah well. If we play to our potential and take our chances we will win.

It’s as simple as that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom