• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs Manchester United 17th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only person sorting this out is the referee. There's barely any point even watching it.

I said that as just the standard expectation every week. This week I decided to see who that referee is actually going to be. FML. Fuck all our lives.

Over the last 9 or 10 games our only 4 performances that matched last seasons levels were against City, Wolves, Leicester and Spurs i.e. our 4 hardest games. Maybe our players are suffering some sort of "lockdown syndrome" and they are struggling for motivation in the "should win" games and subsequently only really turn up for important games? That's my hope anyway and I hope/think the real Liverpool will turn up against United.

We're supposed to be "keyboard warriors" since Hicks and Gillett - it only took a while, at the end, to send them down. It shouldn't take all the LFC fans on social media to make this bloke's position painfully exposed if not untenable. Get to work, you twittering wankers!

I understand, but when you log in to the bookies and literally see the odds of them getting a penalty are 4/1 and the odds for us the home team are 11/4, you just give up. There's no point doing work or trying to fight it.

Over the last 9 or 10 games our only 4 performances that matched last seasons levels were against City, Wolves, Leicester and Spurs i.e. our 4 hardest games. Maybe our players are suffering some sort of "lockdown syndrome" and they are struggling for motivation in the "should win" games and subsequently only really turn up for important games? That's my hope anyway and I hope/think the real Liverpool will turn up against United.

This is probably the most interesting part of our season. We have by and large been excellent in the games against the top teams, and just looked flat in the games we were expected to win. The margins are very fine in some games, even when you are comfortably the better sidsle. We eon games at the death last year cos we simply never stopped trying. You could see that after we secured the title last season our level dropped, we didnt turn up in a few games.

Joe Cole, of all people, picked up on this in our game against Chelsea as a concern. Teams cant just turn on and off being laser focused and once you start to drop your standards even slightly it has a snowball effect. He said the same thing happened at Chelsea when the won it at a canter in 06, they eased off and relaxed towards the end of the season. They didnt win the league again for 4 years.

Wouldnt be at all surprised if we beat Utd but it feels like we cant sustain the level of performance required.

Fuck right off

Yeah!.. Because we have been so solid in defence and at the other end we have been scoring for fun :rolleyes:

Of course I would love to beat Utd; but as I said the way we have been playing as of late I can't see it

It's like proper role reversal of the 2000s where now we are better than them all over the pitch. Yet somehow they are a top four team with Bruno Cheryou type players.

I'm confident this is the game where we really smash them.

We seem to win when we're up for it. So, I think we're gonna punish Man U.

They have extreme flow these days, with every margin tipping their way, while we have stumbled a little. However, we have a couple of good weeks of preapring for a good game now and we have a tendency to play well when we can prepare.

However this will be a game where they play Burnley style of footie and try to chase on down on pace alone. They will challenge our temp CD's. We need to break the lock as early as possible and then chase a second to make them move higher up the pitch.

Well that's not exactly true @Donavan Ried. We do turn big teams over, but we also turn little teams over too. We've been battered against City in the last several months and we've struggled against Everton twice (I know they're not a big team, but on this seasons showing), we just beat Spurs too. We also struggle against some smaller teams, so the only thing certain about our form is that right now, we don't know which Liverpool will turn up and how well our patched up defense will cope. When we add in a Henderson that's struggled with injury a bit, Thiago who's the same, a front 3 that's been hit and miss of late and a back up bench full of kids or players who've been out for quite some time. Who knows?

When we then add in that United are even more unpredictable, it's just one of those where it will be whichever team has the better appetite on the day, or whoever gets the rub of the green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom