• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs Manchester United 17th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just cos other people can try their best to fix the karma doesn't mean you can pretend it's not happening

Injuries to Bailly, Pogba, Lindelof and Shaw could leave Solskjaer short of defensive options for the next two Premier League games.

Mike Phelan does the coaching. Ole just stands around trying to sound mancunian. Phelan will probably set them up to counterattack at pace, no great mystery.

I've got my work cut out for me here, and Dreamy will probably bundle in and undo it anyway...

...but we're definitely getting beat. They'll end our home record. It's so obvious. These little quirks always pop up in football. As far as the game itself, we'll plug away against their defence and look toothless, while they'll hit our Frankenstein's monster of a defence on the break and win a penalty or two.

0-2

Utd are offensively set up to cause a team like ours in the form were in and the injuries we've sustained all sorts of problems, however they're hardly cast iron at the back either, so I'd expect a few goals in this one, I think we've got enough experience and resilience to at worst score draw it but I think a week off will do Mane and Salah the world of good, Thiago too.

Utd are offensively set up to cause a team like ours in the form were in and the injuries we've sustained all sorts of problems, however they're hardly cast iron at the back either, so I'd expect a few goals in this one, I think we've got enough experience and resilience to at worst score draw it but I think a week off will do Mane and Salah the world of good, Thiago too.
Have you never watched us after a break?

Have we ever gone into a break performing so far below expected standards?

Also no idea why your applying trends to this season..
You have a point on this season, but I honestly don't ever remember us playing well after a break under Klopp. Ever.

I don't expect that to change, this season or any other.

I mean we were far from brilliant before this mini break, I honestly can't see us being worse.

The only way is up etc

The major difference this time is that the players will have their first proper set of coaching sessions since early in the season. All kinds of sloppy play and bad habits have crept in because most of the time between games has just been about rest and recuperation rather than the really intense training sessions of old. So at least now there's a good chance of seeing a much more disciplined and tactically sharp team for the next game. As for losing momentum, we haven't had any so there's not much of a problem there.

They attack better than they defend, so we have to defend and attack..not at the same time obviously but we have to defend their attacks and attack their defense..or something like that anyway..

This united side is still weak and vulnerable - if we attack them with intent we win. If we sit back and let them fuck around near the box we will give away pens.

Have you never watched us after a break?
Previously a "break" has been a couple of weeks, when the team has been whisked off for warm weather training and we have come back not looking great - but Klopp argues the benefit is longer term, and so it often proves.

While this "break" is unusual in the context of this season, it is only just over a week, so not really the same as above

That's what I'm telling myself, anyway

This united side is still weak and vulnerable - if we attack them with intent we win. If we sit back and let them fuck around near the box we will give away pens.
Not convinced Utd need to be anywhere in or near our box to get penalties. Its like in the 80s when Bryan Robson was awarded MOTM, just prior to kickoff, now the ref goes into their dressing room to discuss which minutes in the game he will award them penalties

They will be eyeing up our current defensive difficulties with pace. So we can't go on with an all out attack plan. Not sure if Joey Mat will be fit but in any case we have to have cover. If not I would start Hendo deep with Thiago, Gini and Milner if Nabby isn't fit in mid. The rest as per.

Mo to hold his position on the right a bit more, been drifting in much more lately. TAA needs Mo as an option. Just Hope Sadio gets his second wind, as he's been a bit predictable of late. Jimmy Milner operating in left mid should help him. Robbo, Milner and Mane as the left side threat.

2-0.

Utd play tomorrow and then Sunday. They'll obviously win tomorrow, but could be a bit banged up or pick up an injury or two.

They will be eyeing up our current defensive difficulties with pace. So we can't go on with an all out attack plan. Not sure if Joey Mat will be fit but in any case we have to have cover. If not I would start Hendo deep with Thiago, Gini and Milner if Nabby isn't fit in mid. The rest as per.

Mo to hold his position on the right a bit more, been drifting in much more lately. TAA needs Mo as an option. Just Hope Sadio gets his second wind, as he's been a bit predictable of late. Jimmy Milner operating in left mid should help him. Robbo, Milner and Mane as the left side threat.

2-0.

Do you mean Hendo back in CB? Did you watch the Saints game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom