• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool - Villareal pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
if can is available for thursday then I fancy us to go through, what a HUGE boost that'd be.

----------------Ming------------------
Clyne---Lovren-Toure---Moreno
-----------------Can-----------------
--------Milner-------Allen-----------
-Lallana---Sturridge--Coutinho-

Line up prediction:

------------------Mignolet

Clyne-----Lovren-----Touré------Moreno

---------------Lucas-----Can

Milner----------Coutinho----------Lallana

------------------Sturridge

Smith's positional sense is even worse than Moreno's. Neither are great defenders, so you may aswell pick the one with the more experience and ask him to be more disciplined than last time out. Hopefully we'll have a more defensive option to call upon next season.

Moreno has been involved in a few goals lately, and in this match we need a few goals. So him over Smith anytime. Of course clyne could play left with Randall or something on the right, but I still would pick Moreno.

We shouldn't be going all gung-ho, we are only a goal behind but that can easily start to become unmanageable if we concede against a far more defensive team than Dortmund, regardless of their overall quality.

If Can is fit great, then he starts, but I don't remember Klopp throwing anyone back in after coming back from an injury. Maybe because of the stakes he'll risk it this time. Otherwise I think I'd like to see Lucas in there, we looked a better team in Spain when he was sat in there and he played great up until the final minute.

We also need goalscorers and our best three are Firmino, Coutinho and Sturridge, regardless of current form. Despite still being off his game somewhat Firmino still hit the post in Spain. Those three need to start.

We shouldn't be going all gung-ho, we are only a goal behind but that can easily start to become unmanageable if we concede against a far more defensive team than Dortmund, regardless of their overall quality.

If Can is fit great, then he starts, but I don't remember Klopp throwing anyone back in after coming back from an injury. Maybe because of the stakes he'll risk it this time. Otherwise I think I'd like to see Lucas in there, we looked a better team in Spain when he was sat in there and he played great up until the final minute.

We also need goalscorers and our best three are Firmino, Coutinho and Sturridge, regardless of current form. Despite still being off his game somewhat Firmino still hit the post in Spain. Those three need to start.

Agreed, Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho and Sturridge in front of Can and Milner.

You agree we shouldn't go gung ho, and then pick a 4-2-4?
I was more referring to the part about the three goalscorers starting, anyway this is hardly gung ho, we've play this formation and similar personnel combinations many times this season, in fact this would be the same team and approach as the Dortmund game at Anfield, but with Sturridge instead of Origi, something I'd have thought you could get 100% behind.

I was more referring to the part about the three goalscorers starting, anyway this is hardly gung ho, we've play this formation and similar personnel combinations many times this season, in fact this would be the same team and approach as the Dortmund game at Anfield, but with Sturridge instead of Origi, something I'd have thought you could get 100% behind.

If we go 2-0 down this time we are out. Simple as that.

If Can is back:

Ming
Clyne Lovren Kolo Moreno
Allen Can
Milner Firmino Coutinho
Sturridge

Some of our players have been out in the media saying that we can do this. That usually ends well.............

Origi is injured anyway, and if one was to select the most possibly gung-ho, attacking side possible, it would be pretty much what you posted, in which there's no DM, only two CMs on the pitch, and all of our attacking players starting together.

That said, I like it!

Is Smith banned for this game? If not, I'd sooner use him than Clyne as an alternative to Moreno on the left, where Clyne looks a fish out of water to me.

Lallana should start ahead of Firmino imho..

Milner has to play on the left.. its his best position, so id be tempted to play Lallana down the middle behind Studge with Coutinho on the right..

Origi is injured anyway, and if one was to select the most possibly gung-ho, attacking side possible, it would be pretty much what you posted, in which there's no DM, only two CMs on the pitch, and all of our attacking players starting together.

That said, I like it!
I dunno, we could always find room for Benteke in there as well!

Didn't you say something similar vs. Dortmund ? Anyway why do people continually write us off if we concede a goal or three. Should know better.

No I didn't. But if you dont kill yourself the first time you shoot yourself in the head I guarantee you you will succeed the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom